It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponry show on discovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Did anyone see this show that i saw on 4/4/07 on the discovery channel?? It had a segment about hovering aerial device that hovers over the battlefield. They showed it on the show and was pretty inpressive. I was wondering if anyone had any links to this aerial device or if anyone saw the show. i have been trying to find some sort of link but have been unsucessful in doing so. I only caught a quick bit of the show and want to know more about this. Help me out.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The show was Futureweapons and if you check Discovery channels website, they will have a link to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
fUTURE WEAPONS IS THE NAME OF THE SHOW BUT I CANNOT FIND THE LINK TO 4/4 EPISODE WITH THE HOVERING DRONE.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I believe that the show on 4/4/07 showed the AA-12. It is a fully automatic shotgun. There was more then that, but I Don't remember. I didn't see the hovering drone.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by galm 1]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
OH it was there, and i was shocked to see it on the show. I wish i could find it somewhere. I did see the segment about the shotgun but there was definitely a segment on a hovering drone that would hover over a battlefield. I think the show also showed the little rc equipped with weapons. The drone was very interesting and they did show it hovering.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I saw the hovering drone on the History cahnnel. They were talking about the greatest stealth and recon planes in history.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Really....i didn't see that one but i will keep an eye on the history channel to see if it replays. Once i saw these hovering drones i wondered if these were ever caught on film before, and thought to be a ufo. It is amazing though to think how much technology has advanced in fifty years.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Now this is not from the discovery show but still it is a pretty neat link to military hiovering drones. The one in this video is small, but if they are able to make a larger scale version, then these things could be what is taped and considered UFO's.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Is this what your talking about?

The Class I Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) provides the dismounted soldier with Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA). Estimated to weigh less than 20 pounds, the air vehicle operates in complex urban and wooded terrains with a vertical take-off and landing capability. It is interoperable with selected ground and air platforms and controlled by dismounted soldiers.

The Class I uses autonomous flight and navigation, but it will interact with the network and Soldier to dynamically update routes and target information. It provides dedicated reconnaissance support and early warning to the smallest echelons of the Brigade Combat Team (BCT) in environments not suited to larger assets. It will also perform limited communications relay in restricted terrain, a tremendous deficit in current operations.The system (which includes two air vehicles, a control device, and ground support equipment) is back-packable.
www.army.mil...

Its part of the armys FCS (future combat systems).
www.army.mil...

Heres some youtube vids of FCS just to give some ppl here an idea.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 073030p://0404pm by semperfoo]

[edit on 073030p://1404pm by semperfoo]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The one that I was talking about that was on the history channel didn't look like that (i think). They used micro-turbo jets to get the lift power that it has.

new topics

top topics

join