It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Takes Control of Naval Task Force CTF-150

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

France Takes Control of Naval Task Force CTF-150

www.upi.com

CTF-150 was established by the United States and its allies early in the War on Terror to interdict terrorists traveling between countries by sea and to increase overall maritime security in its area of operation, which includes the Gulf of Aden, the Gulf of Oman, the Arabian Sea, the Red Sea and Indian Ocean.

In addition to counter-terrorism, ships in the task force combat smuggling, piracy and other maritime crimes.

British sailors seized by Iran last month were believed to be part of the task force.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Does anyone know if this is a routine change of command or a change from British control having links to the recent apture/release of the 15 UK Sailors/Marines?

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
nah its every 4 months - previous command was German Navy

www.cusnc.navy.mil...

The ceremony successfully concluded the German navy's four-month command of CTF 150, which conducts Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the Gulf of Aden, Gulf Oman, the Arabian Sea, Red Sea and the Indian Ocean.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks Harlequin,

That clears that up for me....

I've been finding it hard to read news without looking for connections to current events.

Well let's hope the French's tour of duty is less eventful than the UK's has been.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
France takes control ...?

This will no doubt strike fear into the hearts of all those terrorists and iranians (sorry, same thing) in the persian gulf area. We're talking about a military with the rich history of never winning a war on their own since we conquered them back in the 50's B.C. I'd call that roughly 2,000 years.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Please post 'on topic'.

This is a current event, and there is no need for a history lesson.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Thanks Harlequin,

That clears that up for me....

I've been finding it hard to read news without looking for connections to current events.

Well let's hope the French's tour of duty is less eventful than the UK's has been.

everyone is looking for conspiracy everywhere
- the CTF operates all over the pacific ocean as well
and is a very valuable force with notable success`s.

new topics

top topics

join