It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAFE Return! Prearranged? or A collution Executed by Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

SAFE Return!! Prearranged? or A collution Executed by Iran?

news.bbc.co.uk

The 15 Royal Navy sailors and marines held captive in Iran for almost two weeks have landed in London.
The crew, freed by Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as a "gift" to the British people on Wednesday, touched down at Heathrow Airport at 1200 BST.

They are now being flown to a Royal Marines base in Devon where they will be reunited with their families.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said he was "glad" the crew had been returned "safe and unharmed".

In a statement given outside Downing Street as the plane touched down, Mr Blair said there had been "no deal" with the Iranians to secure their release.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
They have landed about 40 minuttes ago. The nightmare is over.

But what was the deal then when there wasn't any done?

The treat seems to have been on the Iranians.

Why did they release them now?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am happy that the 15 arrived safely and now the question arises, Why did this happen?

I started a thread yesterday on this and proposed a simple theory, it got little interest so I am going to post my theory here so the members can break it down, chew it up and spit it out, whatever, just a little brainstorm I had yesterday

Just a quick thought I had....

Iran owed Russia some dough they were late on payments, Russia pulls out for nonpayment, Iran seizes the UK troops which strike concerns and oil rises sharply increasing Iranian profits for the next ten days.

Iran takes these profits and uses them to pay Russia, UK troops will be released, Russia goes ahead with the uranium supply.

The UK troops were ransomed and consumers worldwide footed the money and aided Iran in continuing there nuclear program

Just a thought......

Please tell me it is not that simple.......

Not to mention oil companies in both the UK/US probably had a nice windfall..

Denounce it, berate me, expound on the theory but let's get this conversation going...

Edit: SP and to add my wife informed me that the 15 were seized prior to the Russian pullout, DOH!. but it really doesn't affect the theory. J

[edit on 2007/4/5 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Iran lost international support and i think it was a attack on West European stance on Muslims because lets say that some may feel our treatement isn't that good. So Iran captures Europeans and shows the world that they're treated well. Even gave them all a free goodie bag.

apc

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They're just like any other bunch of terrorists:

Take a few hostages and start making demands in exchange for their release.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yes, they're safe for now. Mission accomplished... or what?

By now we finally know the names of the whole team... or do we?

Take a look of the list on BBC.

CAPTURED NAVY PERSONNEL
Chris Air, 25, from Altrincham in Cheshire
Mark Banks, 24, of Lowestoft, Suffolk
Paul Barton, of Southport, Merseyside
Arthur Batchelor, 20, of Plymouth
Felix Carman, 26, of Swansea
Christopher Coe, 31, of Huddersfield
Dean Harris, 24, of Carmarthen, west Wales
Andrew Henderson
Simon Massey
Danny Masterton, 26, of Muirkirk, Ayrshire
Adam Sperry, 22, of Wigston, near Leicester
Nathan Summers, of Hayle, Cornwall
Joe Tindell, 21, of south London
Faye Turney, 26, originally from Shropshire
One captive remains unnamed

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe they were --as a few threads have hinted-- some secret op going on.

The most remarkable I've seen for a long time was the team dressed up like ...well.. Iranian dressmen.
Wonder if he runs any garment businesses this guy Mr Ahmadinejad?

Sure had his 15 minuttes.

Put a caption of a different sort beneath the picture and you have a shot of the UK's yachting team returninghome after a triumphant performance in the inaugural Allied-Axis Of Evil Games.

From Guardian blog.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
@JackatMtn.

Your theory sounds plausible and just as valid as any other at this point.

apc

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Is the female still wearing a scarf for personal reasons or has she been converted?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Iran has signed teh NPT so therefore is allowed under the terms of teh NPT to research nuclear power/

Israel has not signed this treaty.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Something struck my mind. From the farewell party in Tehran, the pictures we've seen only shows 13 sailors

Anyone have any footage showing 15, please post.

As for the BBC list, beside the unnamed, there are two names without any accredits to origine or age.

So much for the British to get from this "no-deal" deal.
Two you don't show, and one you might never know the identity of.

In the image of the 13, look at the difference in expression from corp. Summers, left to Faye, cheerfully waving five fingers, to the other guy apologizing on tv (not sure named on the footage), number two from left, clenching his fist. Unlike Summers he doesn't look proud of his performance and is clearly uneasy by the show.

This whole thing has material for several books and a couple of solid conspiracies should rise from it too.

Wonder if leading seaman Faye Turney only was cared for and looked after by female revolutionary guards?

Somehow this seemed to have run out of hand for London, as Tehran takes home all the good-will. If anything, THAT wasn't planned for.

Question is: what could who have planned for?

[edit on 6-4-2007 by khunmoon]

apc

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Looks like there's a shadow from a 14th on the right. Makes sense if you're right about something fishy going on with the 15th's name missing.

>
unless those aren't even shadows... are they shadows? look like shadows.

There's only 14 in this one...

[edit on 6-4-2007 by apc]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Before and After

Here's a picture taken of the party leaving Tehran. It is confirmed the airport building and the image itself is accreditted AP, so manipulations should be ruled out.
But take a count! Only thirteen.

Here's another snapshot some 8 hours and a change later. They just didn't have time to do any touch up on the image, so two guys somehow switched in obviously shows.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by khunmoon]

[edit on 7-4-2007 by khunmoon]

apc

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The guy in desert camo far left frame is not in this one

new topics

join