It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British military personnel leaves Iran, but are we going to war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

British military personnel leaves Iran

Source Link: news.yahoo.com

Fifteen British sailors and marines held captive for nearly two weeks left Iran early Thursday with sweets and souvenirs, a day after the announcement of their release defused a growing confrontation between the two countries.
Prime Minister Tony Blair welcomed their return but called for continued international pressure on Tehran following the deaths of four servicemen in an attack in Iraq earlier in the day.

"Now it is far too early to say that the particular terrorist act that killed our forces was an acted committed by terrorists that were backed by any elements of the Iranian regime, so I make no allegation in respect of that particular incident," Blair said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

more: news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Akld9aq_SerBahAHXZMDjRCs0NUE

here's a video:
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Akld9aq_SerBahAHXZMDjRCs0NUE

[edit on 5-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So will this ease things with Iran? Or will this make no difference? According to the AP, Blair is dealing with the situation well: news.bbc.co.uk... However I wonder how much of this is just show and if this will make in any difference in whether we attack Iran or not. I've done a little reading from way back in may of 2005 of a planned US attack on Iran way back then. www.globalresearch.ca...
According to the outline, "A British intelligence official said that any campaign against Iran would not be a ground war like the one in Iraq. The Americans will use different tactics, said the intelligence officer. 'It is getting quite scary.'" (Evening Standard, 17 June 2003, www.globalresearch.ca... )

And, "The expectation is that a US-Israeli bombing raid of Iran's nuclear facilities will stir up ethnic tensions and trigger "regime change" in favor of the US. (See Arab Monitor, www.globalresearch.ca... ).

This all sounds like the beginning of the end to me. Unless we do something to change our course.

new topics

join