It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Acknowledges Americans Weary of Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Bush Acknowledges Americans Weary of Iraq War

www.abs-cbnnews.com

FORT IRWIN, California (Reuters) - President George W. Bush admitted on Wednesday that Americans are weary of the Iraq war and defended his decision to send more troops to Iraq before a number of soldiers about to deploy there.

Dozens of camouflage-wearing troops sat quietly at their lunch tables, some joined by family members, as Bush spoke during a visit to this remote base in the high desert of California, where Iraqi-American actors train soldiers to understand Iraq's cultural differences.

"It's a tough war," Bush said in a subdued tone. "The American people are weary of this war."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink">news.yahoo.com

[edit on 5-4-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think that; American people being weary of Iraq war has been visibly obvious. Now to say this publicly in a speech by the very same person who started this war, what purpose would it serve? And how this would affect his plans?

www.abs-cbnnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thank you for the article.

I am hoping the convalesence will start soon.

The karma repayments are long overdue.

Truly God needs to bless America.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I think its an attempt by him to dupe the public into believing he actually is
'in touch with reality'

I mean, what speach writer told him to mention that?
What group of chiefs or advisors had to sit him down and go
'' Mr President, I think its time we addmitted the public are weary of this war ''

Looking at the Bush of Today, then comparing him with the Bush who stood up to the plate in 2002/03 to rant this war into use,

He's a very different man.
He's slipping further and further into depression, into a reality that is very dangerous for the public and the world.
He says he's the leader and what he says goes, well... I know from personal experience when a human is strung out and on his last throws, he does something drastic.

How long will this president hold until finally this illegial war, public opinion, world opinion, death tolls and chants of 'death to bush, the war criminal' takes its toll and causes him too........... snap!

new topics

top topics

join