It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1998 Georgia UFO video i've never seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Im still new so forgive me if this has been hashed here before(i did a search)... was perusing some youtube and found this video of a 1998 UFO filmed in Georgia. looks pretty convincing and does not move like conventional aircraft. It does exhibit controlled flight so thought maybe some type of large radio controlled balloon. Just seeing if anyone had some more info...

[edit on 5-4-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
cumon... nobody can comment on this?? seriously i thought someone would at least tell me it's been debunked. this is one of the better videos to my untrained eye... its a controlled silver craft that does not move like an airplane, a helicopter or a balloon(that I know of)... maybe swamp gas? the guy that posted this video has actually posted several videos of UFO's that IMO match the Chile or the Tallahassee videos. here's another one that was high strangeness...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow! I was unimpressed until the end when it streaked off then came right back! Then grew brighter and disappeared at the end? Strange, man.

At first, it looks like an airplane or heli flying dangerously close to a mountain. It has the classic ufo movement characteristics of being jittery at low speeds.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.Gribble
Wow! I was unimpressed until the end when it streaked off then came right back! Then grew brighter and disappeared at the end? Strange, man.

my point exactly... the vid is fairly tame up to that point but when it makes those type of movements it makes one wonder.

Originally posted by D.Gribble
It has the classic ufo movement characteristics of being jittery at low speeds.

yeah, but i think the guy holding the cam had one too many coffees that morning too

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
First one looked really small if you ask me. Something in the ways of a radio controller aircraft. Why did the camera go out and then come back once it was brighter? Couldn't that be a sign of 'editing' just to make it seem like what he just recorded had something to do with whatever it was that was shown towards the end of the movie?

Second one looked like the sun shining through some thick clouds if you ask me.

In the end I'm sure they were awesome experiences, but they don't get up to anywhere near the value of the Tallahassee video (which I don't think the Chile one does either to be honest) as you really can't make anything out.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
First one looked really small if you ask me. Something in the ways of a radio controller aircraft. Why did the camera go out and then come back once it was brighter?

my thoughts exactly just need a concur but im no expert... still moved a bit fast for remote controlled aircraft to me and seemed at least the size of say a helicopter?

Second one looked like the sun shining through some thick clouds if you ask me.

really? as i said im no expert but i can tell from the movement of the camera this is not time lapse photography and for something to not only move BEHIND the clouds with that intense brightness and size... wow. to my eyes it like something out of a spielberg movie, i was waiting for the mothership to burst through the clouds.

In the end I'm sure they were awesome experiences, but they don't get up to anywhere near the value of the Tallahassee video

i have to agree, the Tally video is pretty nice

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looked to me like it was too far away to be a hobby plane or helicopter. It did move like a helicopter though. The way it disappeared in an instant at the end was startling. I bet it shot away so fast that it just looked like it vanished into thin air. If we could see the vid frame-by-frame, I bet this UFO did zip straight up. Looks like he was on a search mission for a comrade..or maybe something to eat up there in the mountains. Could have found the animal of choice, beamed it up and took off to dine.

Regarding the 1998 camcorders, I own one. Can't keep the picture still at full zoom. Mine was high-end at the time and didn't come with an image stabilization. We've come a long way in just a short amount of time.
-cwm

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
Im still new so forgive me if this has been hashed here before(i did a search)... was perusing some youtube and found this video of a 1998 UFO filmed in Georgia. looks pretty convincing and does not move like conventional aircraft. It does exhibit controlled flight so thought maybe some type of large radio controlled balloon. Just seeing if anyone had some more info...

This video was recorded in Mexico not in Georgia,
in a neighborhood named Valle Dorado located in
Tlalnepantla and the ufo was near the Tres Padres
Mountain. The footage has not been debunked.

This is the mexican YouTube post:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
kronos_11> I didn't really notice the light was moving until I watched it in full screen... one of my grievances with Youtube UFO videos. ^^; It looked cool alright, but like I said, it doesn't show a shape, any impossible movement or anything that can't be explained away by say a helicopter search light. It was probably a cool experience, but it's not 'the one' if we say so.

free_spirit> I looked at the video in full screen and one of the biggest problems I have with UFO videos is when UFOs just 'snuff out'/go invisible. At one point you could see straight through the light, which was pretty big, and there's just nothing there, suggesting to Me that it's just a video trick of some kind. As a closer I'll say what I told kronos, it's not 'the one', it sure may be undebunkable, but it doesn't have any real 'weight'.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
This video was recorded in Mexico not in Georgia,
in a neighborhood named Valle Dorado located in
Tlalnepantla and the ufo was near the Tres Padres
Mountain.

lol
.. i was a little skeptical at the location. it didn't look like a town in Georgia even though I've never been there. pretty odd footage still IMO. I have no expertise in video editing but im sure if someone could zoom in on this object in one of the tamer frames we could probably get a shape? looks like a disc to me.. it definately has a reflective surface.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It looked like balloons to me at first. There was a whole group of them and then the camera followed that single one that left the group...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
It looked like balloons to me at first. There was a whole group of them and then the camera followed that single one that left the group...

yeah.. i thought it was a balloon but how does it go back and forth? also it looks pretty big but it could be a big remote-controlled mylar balloon.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by kronos11]

new topics

top topics

join