It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Vista Hidden Agenda Exposed-

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I agree MS did sell out to hollywood and the music industry but it only matters to me in principle. #1 i dont download music or videos but if i did im willing to bet that there is already a way around it, or "theyre" working on a way around it.
Now one thing Vista did do was clear out the reg keys for some of my progs, which reverted them back to trial.
Yes its inconvenient and annoying but ive already found replacement codes/keys for any program that needed it.
So all and all I am satisfied with Vista but i can almost guaranty that if it was not a gift, i would still be using XP

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
WHAT?vista cleared ur registry keys of ur programs and maked them back to trial?no no no no thats just sick get xp sp2 man
U KNOW WHAT THEY DESERVE?
to buy a legal program and vista may get a bug and revert it then we SUE THEYR SKIN!
there milions killers and bullies on the street why dont they catch them?instead they torture the internet community that just wanna watch a movie or listen some song

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Hey, listen dimwit, they inconvenience those who have purchased the material legally with the bloated code and copy protection stuff.

Dimwit? LOL

perhaps if you larned how to customize the program so it doesn't cause you problems... you wouldn't have any...

But hey that takes computer literacy not piracy. And here I thought ATS crowd was above this.. I should have known...

They can't even understand sarcasm...

Just hope YOU never have to worry about protecting something YOU created... but I guess creativity is lost in this crowd

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
With all due respect,i think that most of the posters here ( not everyone) misses the whole point of the article.Maybe many did not read the article in it's entierity.
It's not about Vista being worse than XP,or viceversa.It's about Vista disabling YOUR hardware,bringing down the sound (or video) among other things,if it doesn't like the setup.
It's about pushing every hardware manufacturer to change everything.And that,my friends,will cost us a lot of money.Money aside,even then,we might not get what we want from our legit purchases.
Go ahead,give it a thorough read,it will be at the very least entertaining,if nothing else.
Just for the record,my software and multimedia content is purchased.I OWN it,i want to see it and hear it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hmm, I remember reading this about a month ago. I thought it was already posted, so I didn't post it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I find it amusing how microsoft is moving to squash any form of non drm/hdcp material while in the meantime, apple and itunes are rolling back to full quality non drm sales.

Anyone who buys the content is inconvienced beyond belief (itunes for example) while people who download it illegally get it in higher quality with zero restrictions. this has been the same from day one on pirating, and companys still dont get it.

I know for a fact I will never buy a microsoft product again due to this.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have been looking towards a Apple for my next cpu purchase and this only pushes me more away from Microsoft products. My xp works fine the way that I want it for most of my apps now but am thinking of integrating a cpu as part of my home entertainment setup. Thanx to the OP!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bursuc
With all due respect,i think that most of the posters here ( not everyone) misses the whole point of the article.Maybe many did not read the article in it's entierity.
It's not about Vista being worse than XP,or viceversa.It's about Vista disabling YOUR hardware,bringing down the sound (or video) among other things,if it doesn't like the setup.
It's about pushing every hardware manufacturer to change everything.And that,my friends,will cost us a lot of money.Money aside,even then,we might not get what we want from our legit purchases.
Go ahead,give it a thorough read,it will be at the very least entertaining,if nothing else.
Just for the record,my software and multimedia content is purchased.I OWN it,i want to see it and hear it.

no kidding. I just spent $900 on the Nvidia 8800 gtx because it was supposed to keep me updated through the next wave of HD and Gameing. I havn't seen any new games come out lately, or at least any new game engines.

its supposed to be HDCP capable. I thought that was the new standard for HDDVD and Blueray?

Oh well, i never planned on using vista anyway. it will be 10 yrs before there are no longer drivers available for xp. I hope

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
Older games Doom 3 and back that use directx 9 will not run well on vista

Sounds strange to me as my problem is the opposite of yours. I have Vista Premium upgrade and it is my newest games like civilization 4 and Neverwinter nights 2 that won't run, while my old games like Baldurs gate and civilization II works.

Tips; to remove the annoying update windows make sure to uncheck the autoupdate checks in the internet and local net and system konfigurations. At least I have done this and never get any update window.

I still get the messeges requiring permission to start games/programs. This OS is the least human-friendly made so far in history. They could at least bothered to add a button on those permission windows that said; never show this message again (as in always automatically permit the game or program to start).

Vista Premium is a dream for network. The only area so far that I love Vista. You just use maybe windows explorer and hit the network icon. If a PC on the local network do not show up, just right click and choose 'update' and then it will be found. XP was never this easy with local net.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ok i found out the the 8800 gtx is actually true HDCP

and apparently there is a back door.

best buy sells external XBOX blueray drives for $200 roughly, and it is USB. so you hook that up to PC and use the drivers that some dude wrote for the drive, install power dvd and your watch HD, HDCP or not.

dont ask me how to get the drivers or how they work... they really shouldn't.

but if you want to know more and you can get an acount at HDbits, then im sure someone there can tell you.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
DO NOT ENDORSE MICROSOFT, VISTA OR WINDOWS AT ALL FOR THAT MATTER. USE GNU/LINUX. Checkout Ubuntu or Knoppix.

BadVista.org...

Windows=Spook=Fact=Advapi.dll

www.chuckherrin.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If you are wanting to get rid of the "permission" popups aka "user account controls" just let me know or pm me and ill tell you how.

Originally posted by Ghaele

Originally posted by tha stillz
Older games Doom 3 and back that use directx 9 will not run well on vista

I still get the messeges requiring permission to start games/programs. This OS is the least human-friendly made so far in history. They could at least bothered to add a button on those permission windows that said; never show this message again (as in always automatically permit the game or program to start).

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I concur with the Oblate Speroid. Vista is a bloated overpriced and unworthy piece of software. Why replace XP when it works perfectly as is?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well new windows always have glitches. Just like xp when it first came out. You would have to wait a year or two until the glitches are fix then upgrade your comp.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I agree with amfirst. I didn't bother upgrading to XP until sp2 was released. I've played with Vista and I think it has potential. I'm not bothered with the DRM degrading hi-def video/audio cause I don't use my PC as a media player. For those that do, don't get Vista.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I read through a lot of that, and it is indeed frightening.

Luckly, I'm not a Windows user (I've always been an Apple guy), but according to this article even Macs will be affected since both platforms use a lot of the same hardware now. While our OS probably won't shutoff functionality, we'll still have to pay more.

Of course, maybe the whole thing will be a flop and people will either stick with an older version of Windows or migrate to Mac OS X or Linux.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chucksheen
DO NOT ENDORSE MICROSOFT, VISTA OR WINDOWS AT ALL FOR THAT MATTER. USE GNU/LINUX. Checkout Ubuntu or Knoppix.

BadVista.org...

Windows=Spook=Fact=Advapi.dll

www.chuckherrin.com...

well my copy of XP Sp1 doesnt contain this key

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Truth about Microsoft

in addition, very simple cmd:
netstat/a

Always be aware.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by WhiteWash]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I heard Vista has special spyware technology that communicates it's info to the greys so they can determine who's the next person they'll abduct.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well first off I started getting into the first few lines of that and I already came across BS.

Disabling of Functionality

You buy an OS which dosn't support your hardware? Your fault.

If you just spent $1500 on a pair of 7800GTX 512MB GPUs expecting to be able to play 1920×1080 HD-DVD or Blu-Ray movies in the future, you've just wasted your money.

Who the HELL buys dual G70's to play movies? Hmmm. I know, why don't I buy dual NVIDIA Quadro Plex VCS's to play pong?

I can't be bothered to read the rest of this crap.

SP2 is so bloated and it slowed my pc down when i tested it so it was back to SP1 for me, along with some common sense, a software firewall like sygate, some freeware stuff like xpantispy and some options manually changed by me i have a very safe OS. Heck i dont even need a virus scanner

SP2 isn't bloated. Just fiddle with things till you disable most SP2 features. Then you'll have a more secure OS with more compatibility.

Microsoft is garbage! It's high time that we had an open-source, open-code OS on the market. Linux was supposed to be it, but appears to have been hijacked by the greedy corporations. I'm no IT geek, but I'm a user that knows that I HATE Vista!

Why did you buy a laptop which can't even properly run Vista? Is that Microsofts fault?

How in the HECK does MS know what monitor I have?

HOW IN THE HADES does MS know I have a copy of MS Office XP installed deep in my HD?

It dosn't matter if they're installed deep in your Harddisk, all Microsoft can do is sweep through the registry using the automatic updates service.
Well... Atleast SOMETHING like that.

May I add that some websites can detect where I am from, what hardware I am using, and what things I have installed.

So they ARE monitoring what you're doing and there is plenty of evidence for it in those 'undeletable DAT' files on your HD.

What undeleteable DAT files?

Your obvious lack of PC/networking knowledge is very clear, thanks for confirming this so we could all see it. First of all zonealarm is a software firewall. A sniffer is not a firewall, when set in promiscuous mode it will capture ALL packets and payload for review either in ascii or a hex dump. You can view EVERY packet detail if you choose, therefore you CAN see what is going on if you make the effort. Also as I clearly indicated your not bound to microsoft, if your so upset with them either a) choose an alternative or b) write your own O/S.

Finally you should not call people names (ie. dimwit) as I believe it violates the Terms and Conditions set on his board.

I am upgrading to Vista. You know why? Improved performance.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by PisTonZOR]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join