It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Vista Hidden Agenda Exposed-

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.cs.auckland.ac.nz...

Above url details the huge hidden agenda and cost of Vista.

You are all going to get a terrible shock over the next few years.

I am pleased to say I will not have these problems as I have no intention of upgradig to Vista ever.

I use windows Me and may upgrade to windows 2003 configured for desktops.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Funny just yesterday I did not buy a new computer I wanted because it had windows vista installed.
This article just just confirmed my suspicion.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am an avid gamer and from what I read it said in the article that Visa causes performance issues? I was in a hurry and couldnt read the full article so if someone could breifly explain in simple terms what bad things vista does plz?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow,a very interesting article,thanks for that.I think I will stick with WindowsXP as long as possible now.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My copy of Vista was a birthday gift, if it hadnt of been a gift I probably wouldve kept XP for another few years because imo XP is the best OS from windows and ME being the worst lol. This also happens to be the only Windows that ive ever had that was legit.
Anyway, I did install it on one laptop but left XP on my desktop and I cant believe im saying this but I actually really do like Vista and would recommend it completely.

edited: Ive also had ZERO problems with it since install. no driver or software compatibility issues what so ever.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, as they always say,

"Its not the (insert useable object here), its the user"

But this is coming from not reading the article.

It all depends on your system requirements and how you treat the thing.

But Windows XP to me (as far as I've gone) has never given me problems as an operating system. Yes I've had crashes but that was my own damn fault lol.

I wonder how the customer service reps are taking this getting calls from Vista users who are computer illiterate

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i heard that it can install somesort of software to the downloading/burning of copy protected songs. Thats why i havent gotten it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
edited: Ive also had ZERO problems with it since install. no driver or software compatibility issues what so ever.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

Give it time Kr0n0s... the problems will soon start coming in waves. I have a notebook that I use for work that has Vista - total crap! My other 2 computers, one notebook and one desktop operate Windows XP Professional - even those have their share of problems, but nothing like Vista. Hell, about 90% of my peripherals will not work with Vista. I've downloaded dozens of patches to fix compatibility problems and still, nothing!

Microsoft is garbage! It's high time that we had an open-source, open-code OS on the market. Linux was supposed to be it, but appears to have been hijacked by the greedy corporations. I'm no IT geek, but I'm a user that knows that I HATE Vista!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Xp is the best in my opinion. Ive only got Sp1 with all updates up to SP2 and ive never had any problems whatsoever.

SP2 is so bloated and it slowed my pc down when i tested it so it was back to SP1 for me, along with some common sense, a software firewall like sygate, some freeware stuff like xpantispy and some options manually changed by me i have a very safe OS. Heck i dont even need a virus scanner

Theres no way i will ever get Vista if i can avoid it, i would rather switch to a linux product when i have no choices anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Some people just don't want to hear anything outside of what goes on in their heads. I showed this link to a friend of mine - who's actually quite knowledgeable and works in the world of comupters - his response was --

"sound like something written by a Linux or Mac fanboy to blow Vistas bugs out of proportion."

sighs...

Dae

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah, its an OS all about premium content, copyrighted material, its all about degrading your picture quality when watching DVDs its all about content protection features.

Is it about making the best OS possible and getting respect?
No. Its security of the holywood kind. This very security will leave users open to secruity issues on their PC - how ironic!

Oh heres a nice bit from the OP's article...

With the introduction of tilt bits, all of this designed-in resilience is gone. Every little (normally unnoticeable) glitch is suddenly surfaced because it could be a sign of a hack attack, with the required reaction being that (from the spec) “Windows Vista will initiate a full reset of the graphics subsystem, so everything will restart”. According to Microsoft this will only take a few seconds and will only affect the graphics subsystem (so it's not a complete restart of Vista), but the true impact of this mechanism remains to be seen.

Vista gives me the creeps, an OS working behind the scenes agaisnt you, having control over your hardware, basically a friggin' nazi disguised as your friend *bing booong* Vista loves you

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hmm, ok well how about someone that has worked for Microsoft ?
I provided windows 95,98 and ME blah support for 2 years and back office
support for another 1 year.
One thing about XP is that PnP actually works and there are so few problems with it that it really put the Mom N Pop pc repairman out of business.
Now days the only thing ppl take their pcs in for is when its od'd with spyware or if it gets a virus.
I got out of the biz a while back though, i really hate working on Pc's now

Originally posted by horrorbiz
Some people just don't want to hear anything outside of what goes on in their heads. I showed this link to a friend of mine - who's actually quite knowledgeable and works in the world of comupters - his response was --

"sound like something written by a Linux or Mac fanboy to blow Vistas bugs out of proportion."

sighs...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Vista scares the ell out of me. I have it installed on a small partition on my XP PC. Even though my computer claims to be "Premium Ready", the graphics system restarts about once every 10 minutes and disables my system for about 45 seconds each time.

I will never recommend Vista. XP is excellently stable compared to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've had Vista since the corporate release and I haven't had a single problem with it whatsoever.

My XPSP2 installation was pretty buggy and even after several clean installs I would regularly get full system freezes and lockups, regardless of the software running at the time.

Since I've installed Vista (expecting these problems to get worse) I haven't had a single crash, not one
All of my apps work as they should, I can play my games without a problem and the whole OS just looks and feels smoother. I've worked in IT for years and can well understand why many people aim their pot-shots at Microsoft. In this case however, I can really recommend giving it a whirl.

Cheers,
Zep

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It goes without saying because you have all heard it before
that linux/unix is a far more stable Os (kernel if you will) than windows however not all flavors are for the average user, there are some great versions out there but you will still have wireless issues and so on .

I made the switch to a Mac book Pro about 4 months ago as I needed to get on a conference call and out of no where my WinXP machine crashed and would not boot off of the internal hard disk luckily I had at the time windows 2K3 server (now it is Ubuntu) here at the house that I used to back up my laptop images
quick network boot and boom got my info , and onto the conference call.

Shortly after that conference call within a few hours I ordered my macbook pro
(won't bore you with the tech specs.

I recieved 2 days later and could not be happier I now back up the Macbook Pro to the ubuntu box. there is also a gaggle of open source software that runs on OS X which is fantastic.

My 2 $.00
GEO

apc

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've been developing a few hardware devices and USB core drivers for Vista SUCK! SUCK BIG HUGE HAIRY DONK... YEAH! Someone kill Bill. Please.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You are about to have a personal thought

!!!Allow or Deny!!!!

You said yes to your personal thought

!!!Allow or Deny!!!

You clicked Allow

!!!Allow or Deny!!!

[edit on 4/5/2007 by geocom]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I remember when XP first came out, and everyone was saying how Microsoft was going to be able to steal information from your system, and they'd know what you were doing, and where you were on the net and all sorts of other things. It seems that every time a new OS comes out, there's a giant rumor mill going on about how they're going to be able to do this, that, or the other thing if you use it.

I literally spent almost 10 minutes listening to a salesperson at a computer store ripping XP and telling us all this BS that they were going to be able to do with it, when my friend simply asked what webcam would be compatible with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
You are about to have a personal thought

!!!Allow or Deny!!!!

You said yes to your personal thought

!!!Allow or Deny!!!

You clicked Allow

!!!Allow or Deny!!!

[edit on 4/5/2007 by geocom]

This hyperbole does make for a funny TV commercial, but that's about it. Software firewalls such have Zone Alarm have been using a similar "Allow/Deny" set up for years...it's not new to Vista. You can tell both Zone Alarm and Vista once to "always allow" or "always deny" or "always ask" before granting a specific outside access to your computer. This is no big deal.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don´t see the point of getting an OS which uses more resources (Ram, HD, CPU) etc just to get some cool icon effects 3d windows and other such "Toys".

I´d rather have a basic fast OS like my own optimised XP (or 2000) which lets my apps run without crashing or jerking about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join