It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New picture of two huge weird structures on the moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
without the link to the original nasa picture this thread is pointless...

my guess is photoshop....

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shasa
without the link to the original nasa picture this thread is pointless...

my guess is photoshop....

Refer to my previous post. You folks act like NASA will ever divulge the truth to you. You ar eonly fooling yourselves. Of course, I am not insinuating that these picture are showing anything other than natural formation, but, to put faith in an agency such as NASA is rather naive in my opinion.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's simple really. It is a series of impact craters. A small asteroid has broken up in space most probably due to gravitational pull. The pieces still travelling together have impacted the moon in close unison one after the other. Just think of the Hale-Bopp Comet when it crashed into Jupiter ( obviously the pieces of that asteroid were spread out more in that event, but the same principle )

What we need is a higher resolution picture to confirm this but I am confident this is the case.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting, looks like a rocks been rolled along the groun by the wind, only there is no wind on the moon

Odd that its not been noticed before.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Does anyone think they could be vertical? It would depend on the angle that the image was taken from i suppose, but they look a bit like radio mast type things to me - but I'm no judge, just wondered if anyone more knowledgeable than me had dismissed that already.

Either way, if genuine, very interesting pics.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Haha, I noticed that after closer inspection as well.
Either they are trails.

Or indeed, they are some kind of towers.

Though the truth may never be known (unless you know someone with a space craft in his back yard)

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
It's simple really. It is a series of impact craters. A small asteroid has broken up in space most probably due to gravitational pull. The pieces still travelling together have impacted the moon in close unison one after the other. Just think of the Hale-Bopp Comet when it crashed into Jupiter ( obviously the pieces of that asteroid were spread out more in that event, but the same principle )

What we need is a higher resolution picture to confirm this but I am confident this is the case.

I'm sorry to say but Hale-Bopp Comet did not crash into Jupiter!

The comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 comet is the one that crashed into Jupiter.
I still understand what you were saying though. Nice theory on this pic.

Here is proof of the comet that hit Jupiter.
seds.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
AS I said in my prtevious posts, this is nothing more than a group of linear im[pact craters from an asteroid which has broken up in space. I hvae seen these pictures before on one of Saturns or Jupiters moons. There is nothing special here, alhtough it is entertaining reading the fantasies of some members. Quite enjoyable, there really are some vivid imaginations

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

See what i mean? No trail...but it`s VERY horizontal...i think it`s done by aliens...

I have a size 10000 enlargement from that area...
After applying find edges filters,darkening and enlarging to size 10000 with photoshop...

You can download it here: www.rogepost.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by goddogo1
I'm sorry to say but Hale-Bopp Comet did not crash into Jupiter!

The comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 comet is the one that crashed into Jupiter.
I still understand what you were saying though. Nice theory on this pic.

Here is proof of the comet that hit Jupiter.
seds.lpl.arizona.edu...

You are indeed correct, I feel very embarassed that I made such a simple mistake. In my defence though it is very late here

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Umm....I'm hoping that very few actually think this was made by aliens. Common sense. However, it could be a crashed alien vessel, but unlikely.

It's pretty obvious that they were made by something crashing into the surface (coming in from the right) hitting the ground, and skidding, or skipping across the surface, like a rock skipped on water.

The mounds on the left are just the moon dust, dirt, and fragments collected from the impact.

I'd like to say that I do think there are alien structures on the moon, created by ETs, but this is not one of them. This is one of the easy ones.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Chain impact craters.

Those are on the moon. They're all over the solar system. Here's some on
Ganymede.

This seems to come up every few months, and nobody ever remembers what they are.

Added pics.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I´m pretty sure (not 100%) this is the low/high gain omni antenna on one of the orbiters/surveyor. Searching for pictures including the "moon" on ATS is pointless as you have to spend days to dig through the material, sorry, i´m just unable to find the correct thread.

It appears in two places due to image stiching.

Maybe Zorgon remembers as he seems to be pretty updated on the moon. John?

[edit on 4-4-2007 by tomra]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After a quick search on google I foun some pictures of linear crater chains

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's pretty obvious that they were made by something crashing into the surface (coming in from the right) hitting the ground, and skidding, or skipping across the surface, like a rock skipped on water.

Hmm nothing just bumps into the moon goes for a little skip then stops. The impacts speeds are so great that teh impactor is obliterated. Do you care to show us where this object is which landed so softly ?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looks like a couple of bath plugs n chains to me !!

Good pix tho , gets the mind going a bit.

Nice

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Uh huh guys! Just relax. That's nothing to do with aliens for god's sake! And there's nothing 'artificial' about that.

It's nothing but a part of the boom of the Apollo spacecraft that has taken these images!! The photograph is available on the Moon Atlas.

The part of the boom in the middle of the image which seems 'standalone' is due to the 'stitching' of two adjacent photographs of the mosaic.

Check it out here...

Sorry to blow the 'conspiracy'. There's nothing exiting there!

Cheers!!

[edit on 4-4-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here is one of the towers sticking out of Apollo 16.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You folks act like NASA will ever divulge the truth to you. You ar eonly fooling yourselves.
[edit on 4-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

I 100% agree with you on that one simply for the fact that NASA's job is to hide what is really going on in space near our planet...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Here is one of the towers sticking out of Apollo 16.

ah, I see what you mean!!!...

thanks John!!

but it is incredible how it seems like it`s on the surface...

[edit on 4-4-2007 by untilted]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join