It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th Grader Charged With Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think its horrible. To me if you charge someone with Terrorism, they have to at least demolition two skyscrapers in the heart of the largest city in the United States during the morning hours where people just arrived at work. I mean charging a 14 year old with terrorism is the first step to charging people with terrorism just for writing about thing's that oppose the government.

This kid should have been convicted for manslaughter, intent to kill. Terrorism labels should be left to the real terrorists. The people who commit treason at the highest level of government at the expense of the citizen's of America and their values.

Terrorism, should be a branding target for treason commiting skumbags who want to hurt America.

Also who knows, maybe its a consequence of the No Child Left Behind Act. They force is to do better in school, yet they teach nothing about finance till college, and shove rewritten biased propaganda of history down our throats for 12 whole years. They teach kids garbage they don't need. They dont help the homeless. How dare they charge a child of America with Terrorism. Talk about irony or whatver you call that..

They should seperate school shootings from the terrorism the news is trying to hide imo.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by rrahim1]

[edit on 4-4-2007 by rrahim1]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In my humble opinion charging that 14 year old with "Terrorism" is a bit too much now. Ok granted he had weapons ect.... and he should be punished but also some pyschological therapy. Bank robbers hold hostages, I dont see them being charged with terrorism. A while a ago a saw a story on the news about this 5 year old kissing a classmate and was arrested for " sexual harrasment" Come on people !!!! I've seen real career criminals get off with just a little fine, no prison time ect...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
According to international law, an act of terrorism can also be guerrilla warfare, a recognized and legitimate way to struggle for freedom from oppressive leadership. The traditional statue depicting lady law depicts her blindfolded with a scale in her hand, because the courts are to view each side of the case objectively and weigh their final opinion according to what seems the balance of justice between both sides.

In criminal cases, it's often easy to see the psychological or social disturbance that contributed to the aberrant behavior. And social norms are generally more entrenched enabling easier judgments.

To call a child with no overt political affiliation and obvious mental disturbance a terrorist is an act of semantic warfare against the children of your nation. It's an obvious extension of the successful war on drugs that is in practical reality a war on human rights.

The patriot act has already included petty criminals under the definition of terrorist. Now anyone with a psychological aberration is also a terrorist. This enables a now arbitrary state power, due process has been removed from law where terrorism is concerned, to impose whatever interpretation it likes on behavior that is not conducive to the system they want to impose, and punish and silence those unfortunates without a lawyer, trial or sentence.

That's called tyranny.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst

So the bully stealing lunch money from the nerdy kid between 1st and second period is a terrorist? I bet it is pretty scary for the kid getting jacked. Not only that but what kind of political objective could this kid possibly have? More turkey on the subs? Come on...

You're not being rational and you're creating one straw man argument after another.

A kid who steals lunch money would in most cases not come to the attention of police, but if he did petty larceny and maybe assault would be the worst he could be charged with.

However, if that kid brought a haversack full of loaded guns, enough ammo to hold police at bay, several knives and told his classmates that he would take the class hostage and start killing them if his demands weren't met, then a terrorist charge might be lodged.

What is worse about your straw man arguments is that no on knows if the terrorist charge will stick.

The grand jury might think just as you do and "no bill" the charge. Even if they give it a "true bill," the petit jury at his trial may return a "not guilty."

Hell, before it gets to trial, the DA might drop the charge in return for pleas of guilty to lesser charge.

Sometimes school officials and police go overboard with these cases, but the evidence as presented in this article suggests that this kid intended to cause great bodily harm to the staff and pupils of his school and tough measures needed to be taken.

To use this case as a sign that the republic is becoming a police state is ludicrous.

I too, fear a government with too much power. I do not poo-poo cases of abuse of police power and the diminution of Constitutionally protected rights.

I am a benefactor member of the National Rifle Association. I am a member of the NRA Golden Eagles, the Second Amendment Task Force, and the NRA James Madison Brigade.

I contact my legislators regarding issues that involve the abuse of power and the attacks on our personal liberties.

But, I am an activist who takes rational approaches to help keep America free.

Besides, helping to create hysteria, what do you do?

[edit on 2007/4/4 by GradyPhilpott]

My whole point is that it is rediculous that the word terrorist even came up for this kid. He should be charged with whatever can be thrown at him. It is the lack of an agenda of political nature that would in my opinion keep this from being a terror case.

Even if the kid had gone in there, killed the whole faculty and staff I don't think it would be right to label it terror. Wrong as hell? Absolutely! Words as simple as felon and lunatic would suit it just fine.

I do agree with most of your points and am glad to see you are part of the NRA. I too am a member and hate cases like this because it makes law abiding citizens look bad.

And what do I do besides stir things up? US Military.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join