It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heim's Space Craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've been waiting and watching for any new information about the Heim's Spacecraft. I've heard nothing since the Scotsman reported in a couple of years ago. Does anyone have any legitimate information about what is going on with it? The last I heard the U.S. Airforce had taken control of the project.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have'nt heard anything recently.

It was'nt a project to build a spacecraft, it was a theory about physics
that would allow for actual Hyperdrives.

I believe I read that there was plans for the testing of the theory using
the Z machine within the decade though.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
as far as I know you are right about that they were planning to use the Zmachine to test the theory and if plausible a space craft using current technology based on this theory could be with in decade.
Story was based on an article in the New Scientist

www.theregister.co.uk...

www.newscientist.com...

news.scotsman.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am aware of these, but thanks. However, the last I heard, the American Air force scooted the research away and were testing the system. This January will the the first anniversary of the announcement - has nobody reported anything? Are there any investigative reporters out there ?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't think anything will ever come of it to be honest, i wasn't even excited about it when the original article was published a while back, it just seems these days anyone can come up with a crackpot idea to go FTL.

Their idea was based on the drive causing the ship to 'slip' into another dimension where the speed of light might be faster, it's all very very speculative, i have also read a few articles somewhere i'm sure that says the physics behind the whole idea are very very sketchy!

Sill perhaps oneday we will get a little surprise.

If you have a lot of time on your hands you could skim through this .pff file, released last year i think, basically says it could work, i'm pretty skeptical unless they prove it but i will provide the link anyway.

www.hpcc-space.de... LetterShortVersion.pdf

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Smugallo]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Posts and information like this is why I love ATS. I would have never known about Heim, if not for ATS. This sight clearly can be used to learn about many things that you might otherwise never know about or see in any other media.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
True enough there is all sort of information on this sight, the information about heim was actually published in the Scotsman and then a full article in New Scientist as well! So a lot of information is all readily available if you look in the right places

Here is the links to the Scotsman and New Scientist articles.

New Scientist - Take a lep into hyperspace

Scotsman - Mars Express

top topics

join