It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Quotes ATS Without Giving Direct Credit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good for you,Skeptic. At least they are considering us a worthy source to quote from,which, may in and of itself be a sign of changing times.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Good for you,Skeptic. At least they are considering us a worthy source to quote from,which, may in and of itself be a sign of changing times.

Peter Jennings before he died read a post from Dr Love on the Daily Show.

Ats has been in the media a few times now. I think that was the second time a post from Dr Love was used in other media.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

That's interesting. I didn't realize that. Of course, I don't even think I was posting here at ATS before Jennings died.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

i have forgotten, what was it in relation to???

anyway, thanks SO for sending them an e-mail

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i have forgotten, what was it in relation to???

I think it was this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or at least in that thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think a lot of posters here on ATS have better investigative journalism skills than those that work for the main media.

And I have only thing to say to the media who may be reading this forum.
You suck!!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I just sent them this...

[email protected]
Attention: Nation & World
RE: No Attribution

We've encountered a story by someone who appears to be a staff writer, Rick Weiss, that has received some high degree of broad distribution.
"6-sided cloud confounds NASA"
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

The story uses information posted by our members at www.AboveTopSecret.com in this discussion thread:

We're pleased that you've followed in the footsteps of CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, The New York Times, the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, and many others in realizing we're an excellent source of informed commentary on provocative topics. However, there is no attribution indicating the source of the quotes in your story. Such attribution is clearly required by the copyright notice attached to each member's post on our Web site.

I would kindly ask that you publish an update that indicates, at a minimum, AboveTopSecret.com as the originating source of the commentaryin Rick Weiss' article.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Partner and Community Director
AboveTopSecret.com
The Internet's leading destination for alternative topics.

Have you gotten any response from them? If so share what they told you. I am very interested what they had to say about your letter to them.
What I say is law suit, law suit, law suit. If ATS was to put on forums articles from them and not give any credit to them then I bet the owner of this site would be getting a phone call/letter from their lawers. Good eyes to the person that caught their pledgerism!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think it was this post

or at least in that thread.

thanks, i remember now

Tea

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They quoted me. Must be my 15 seconds of fame. Wish I'd elaborated on my statement regarding straight lines.

Sign me 'tard.

Tea

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Gee, the Black Sheep is quoted in the Washington Post, points it out, and the thread dies. Go figure.

Any response to your e-mail, oh great Overlord?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Good find, WellSee!! I also appreciate the fact that SO took the liberty of contacting the media outlet to inform them that they must adhere to the copyright notice located on each post. It's very possible that someone will 'quote' a post of yours and you may (or may not) be aware of it - which makes it nice that the Three Amigos are 'looking out' for our interests. A big thumbs up to WellSee and SO!!!

Also, I too would also be interested in any reply to your email that could be shared with the ATS community.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So, SO. It's been over a week, any reply from the WA post yet? Just curious to see what they have to say on the matter.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WellSee
So, SO. It's been over a week, any reply from the WA post yet? Just curious to see what they have to say on the matter.

I was just wondering the same thing.

So any reply?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
WellSee, Hat's off to you, great find.

Skeptic, Springer and fellow ATS members I know that this issue was addressed by SkepticOverlord, but I think that we should address this issue, this is clearly a blatant disregard to give proper credit and should be rectified by the Washington Post ASAP.

I for one, will be sending an email to them. I will work on the verbiage tonight. I am determined to get a response from them and a reason as to what happened and what they will do to correct the problem.

ATS is not just another conspiracy site, but a collaboration of great people, great minds, and a great respect for each other, that is the main reason I chose to become a member here. I will stand behind my friends here and do what is right.

Sincerely,

RT

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I just sent them this...

[email protected]
Attention: Nation & World
RE: No Attribution

We've encountered a story by someone who appears to be a staff writer, Rick Weiss, that has received some high degree of broad distribution.
"6-sided cloud confounds NASA"
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

The story uses information posted by our members at www.AboveTopSecret.com in this discussion thread:

I would kindly ask that you publish an update that indicates, at a minimum, AboveTopSecret.com as the originating source of the commentary in Rick Weiss' article.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Partner and Community Director
AboveTopSecret.com
The Internet's leading destination for alternative topics.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
People who use the acronym "MSM" are paranoid.

Everyone knows conservative talk radio emerged in response to the mainstreamness of the mainstream media.

Everyone knows the mainstream started following conservative talk for the different sharper viewpoint.

Everyone knows advertising follows the mainstream.

Everyone knows the mainstream media became conservative to attract the mainstream and advertising dollars.

Everyone knows the mainstream moved away from the media because they were too soft on the Bush administration before Iraq II.

Everyone knows the alternative Internet media emerged in response to the lack of response by the mainstream media to 9/11 and Iraq.

Everyone knows the conservative media harped on the alternative media for being ultra-left-wingnut liberals which they haven't been for years and years.

Today, the "MSM" is all over the map in a desperate effort to avoid being attacked by wingnuts.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Columbus
People who use the acronym "MSM" are paranoid.

Easy... it's just a description. If I would have said "MSM doesn't give credit to ATS in an effort to hide the truth about Aliens and bring about the NWO..." that could be called paranoid (maybe).

Also, everyone this and everyone is not a very strong argument, IMO.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join