It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trouble With Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
this is very true - I merely wish to highlight the preposterous claims of rdang,
who seems to be some kind of christian fundamentalist radical - but without a brain

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
this is very true - I merely wish to highlight the preposterous claims of rdang,
who seems to be some kind of christian fundamentalist radical - but without a brain

Well, unfortunately, that seems to be the case for most fundies.
While I am Christian, in a weird sense, most who have been here since I first came onto the scene will tell you that I am one of Christianity's biggest critics. I don't know if I am a critic or if I just accept the flaws that Christianity has and others don't.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
Islam is a tolerant religion
who are you kidding? It is the most intolerant religion.In Muslim countries all other religions are considered inferior and are made to pay a special tax

Yes and Christians used to just kill nonbelievers.

Their is only one religion that uses jihad.Show me where in Christianity non christians are refered as "infidels"and must be made to submit,which is the meaning of Islam,

Just look at Christian history from the 400’s to the 1600’s, remember this thread is called the problem with Islam, so you have to show something specific to Islam and can not be coorilated to an other religion.

show me where christianity beheads non believers.

The Spanish Inquisition.

Show me where christianity condones the murder of children,suicide killers.

The Irish Troubles.

The STATED goal of the "radical muslims IS world domination,that is a fact.
So is Christianities, or have you never herd of missionaries?

If I was a Muslim I would be appalled at what a small majority was doing to the religion,but then again to speak out could very well be a death sentance.

Yet again, that is not Islam that is what the Islamic theocracies do. Every theocracy is the same in this respect and is nothing special to Islam.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I agree completely speakeroftruth - I too consider myself a christian, despite all its faults - I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that what it meant for me was to try and live by the commandments, and the teachings of jesus.
I have very little tolerance for organized religion - maybe this had something to do with being brought up as a catholic

I can do without the guilt.....

[edit on 5-4-2007 by budski]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Budski,I am with you. I am with you.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
so everyone on here is just going to ignore my point on islam being open to interpretation?

the thread is entitled "the trouble with islam"

well, is it a problem with islam itself, or in how people interpret it?

what is this specific problem with islam?

[edit on 4/5/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
so everyone on here is just going to ignore my point on islam being open to interpretation?

the thread is entitled "the trouble with islam"

well, is it a problem with islam itself, or in how people interpret it?

what is this specific problem with islam?

[edit on 4/5/07 by madnessinmysoul]

Sorry,
got sidetracked.....
I think that mans interpretation of ANY religious writings is always going to be suspect - whether that be for misguided reasons, or because they want to do so for their own ends.
I believe that the fault lies with man and the interpretation, rather than the writings (or teachings) themselves.
I had a friend from saudi, and she really opened my eyes about islam, to the extent that i made a bit of a research project out of it, and what I found was a religion very similar to christianity, in that it provided a framework to lead a good life, and i include being good to others in that.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Preposterous claims... funny you have to go back 1000 years to find fault with Christianity,what kind of sick brain supports the murder of innocents.Maybe one that still thinks it's in the middle ages.Anyone who worships a child molester would seem to have a sick brain,if they have one at all.Nice of you to support killing of children and to apologize for it. I on the other hand use my brain to tell the difference between what is right and morally wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Preposterous claims... funny you have to go back 1000 years to find fault with Christianity,

You might, me I need only go back to 1980
Jonestown
What to old OK how about 1993
Branch Davidians

what kind of sick brain supports the murder of innocents.

I don’t know why you don’t ask the Christian IRA

Nice of you to support killing of children

How about Iraqi children that were the inevitable civilian casualties after Christian president Bush ordered the attack on Iraq?

morally wrong.

Unjustly attacking someone’s believes is morally wrong.
en.wikipedia.org...en.wi... kipedia.org/wiki/Branch_Davidian

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You can compare Islam to Christianity all you want, but when it comes to statistics the facts are indisputable. In the last 50 years there have been more terrorist attacks at the hands of Islamofasicsts than any other fanatical group. And this is true on a world-wide scale. I live in the present and that is my concern, not what Christianity did 1000 years ago. Now if Christians behaved like the Islamofascists and behead anyone that doesn't share their beliefs, then perhaps I would share your perspective, but this is clearly not the case.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
You can compare Islam to Christianity all you want, but when it comes to statistics the facts are indisputable. In the last 50 years there have been more terrorist attacks at the hands of Islamofasicsts than any other fanatical group.
And this is true on a world-wide scale. I live in the present and that is my concern, not what Christianity did 1000 years ago. Now if Christians behaved like the Islamofascists and behead anyone that doesn't share their beliefs, then perhaps I would share your perspective, but this is clearly not the case.

first of all, they aren't fascists, they don't want a state with absolute rights to kill or beat anyone.

secondly, if you look at the last 50 years of the world you'll see that the areas of the world that are predominately muslim are the ones that are also the most politically volatile.

can you show something that reflects that the problems are with islam instead of the political climate?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You can compare Islam to Christianity all you want, but when it comes to statistics the facts are indisputable. In the last 50 years there have been more terrorist attacks at the hands of Islamofasicsts than any other fanatical group.

Excluding Christians in the form of the IRA, Jonestown, Waco, the Aryan Nation, the Cross the Sword and the Arm of the lord, the KKK, the Serbian ethnic cleansing in the former Yugoslavia amongst others that will probably amount to about the same death toll of the atrocities of the so called “Islamofasicsts”, whomever they are.

And this is true on a world-wide scale. I live in the present and that is my concern, not what Christianity did 1000 years ago. Now if Christians behaved like the Islamofascists and behead anyone that doesn't share their beliefs, then perhaps I would share your perspective, but this is clearly not the case.

The oldest event on my list is Jonestown 1980 I think, so now do you share my perspective?
Oh yeah the Oklahoma City bombing, that was a right wing Christian group as well, does this mean that their have been more Christian atrocities as of late?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Are you the best apologist they have to offer? You mention Jonestown.Jones did not have the blessing of the church,he interpeded the bible in the same way the "radicals" do with the koran in their favor to kill children.OKC was done out of hatred of the Government. Waco, the Aryan Nation, the Cross the Sword and the Arm of the lord, the KKK, are minor,insignifcant compared to the slaughter of THOUSANDS of children,women,men in the name of jihad. I ask you what kind of sick brain supports the murder of innocents. The answer is crystal clear the Islamonazis.When these rabid diseased pig men get their souless hands on nuclear bombs they will devastate the entire world.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Are you the best apologist they have to offer?

I’m all “they” need

You mention Jonestown.Jones did not have the blessing of the church,he interpeded the bible in the same way the "radicals" do with the koran in their favor to kill children.

You see what I love is this, in this sentence you admit that its a “radical” interpretion of the Koran, not just Islamic followers reading it and doing what it said, no you said “radicals”
Now that would mean that the problem isn’t with Islam, but with “radical” Islam. Only this thread is not called “the problem with radical Islam”. No the title of this thread is “the problem with Islam”
Now this title could be taken two ways on the surface.
1) A theological/ spiritual/ logical problem with Islam.
2) A major problem that I have that is with mainstream Islam and can’t be correlated
With almost every religion on the planet outside of a small few.

Waco, the Aryan Nation, the Cross the Sword and the Arm of the lord, the KKK, are minor,insignifcant compared to the slaughter of THOUSANDS of children,women,men in the name of jihad.

Weren’t the Serbs on that list too?

I ask you what kind of sick brain supports the murder of innocents.

Serb death squads and the IRA, two fine Christian organizations

The answer is crystal clear the Islamonazis

I liked Islamofascists better, Nazis are over used in insulting.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well the interesting thing about that list you created is that they are mostly isolated conflicts. Now if you were truly interested in researching your very topic of Islamic terrorism vs Christian terrorism in recent history, going back about fifty years, you would have to take a look at a compilation of incidents occurring in and outside of the nations that these organizations are originally from. The issues that the IRA, KKK, Aryan Nations and Kosovo attempted to resolve, in their own manner, were statistically within their own countries.
Islamic fundamentalism does not acknowledge any boundaries. Their fanatical ideals are already embraced by a large portion of the muslim population, this can be reflected by the fact that their governments operate under Islamic law and that it is applied in every aspect of their societies. Their ultimate goal is to have the entire world ‘submit to Islam’. Of course they will have to work at that for the next few centuries, and they have already started on it. On their list of enemies to conquer are countries and individuals that advocate western ideology.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The issues that the IRA, KKK, Aryan Nations and Kosovo attempted to resolve, in their own manner, were statistically within their own countries.

Statically yes, but not completely with in their own boarders. The war in the former Yugoslavia started as a civil war, latter it was a international war with ethnic cleansing.

Their fanatical ideals are already embraced by a large portion of the muslim population, this can be reflected by the fact that their governments operate under Islamic law

This is a logical fallacy, just because the government operate under a particular set of laws does not mean that the majority agree, I cite American anti-drug laws, they’re on the books but the majority of people are either against them or don’t care.

Their ultimate goal is to have the entire world ‘submit to Islam’

This is true to extremist Muslims only, the average person does not care what we think or believe

Of course they will have to work at that for the next few centuries, and they have already started on it. On their list of enemies to conquer are countries and individuals that advocate western ideology.

And I will fight them every step of the way

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
During the "conflict" with the IRA, there many FROCKED priests who harboured, supplied and helped treat IRA bombers and gunmen - this was true on both sides - ever heard of the reverand Ian Paisley?

Now if this is not christianity supporting terrorism, what is?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Anyone who worships a child molester would seem to have a sick brain,if they have one at all.

And thus, rdang proves beyond doubt that he knows NOTHING about Islam, and this surely leaves him open for it to be said without any chance of defense that all he is, is a hate filled little bigot, with a small mind and a broad tongue.

And just in case you are wondering rdang, I am in fact talking about the fact that Muslims DO NOT WORSHIP MOHAMMED. Mohammed was a Prophet, according to Islam, not a Deity.

I on the other hand use my brain to tell the difference between what is right and morally wrong.

I'd ask for my money back on that brain of yours if I were you. You bitch about hate yet you practice it freely. I put it to you rdang, that you are a bigot, and probably a racist. You are a hypocrit, and you have nothing to peddle but hate and distrust, even on issues you have proven to be less than well informed on.

Why so angry? Do you blame all that follow the Koran for 9/11? See, I reckon that is the root of most of this Islamophobia with you clowns. You think everyone who is Muslim is automatically a subsctiber to the Al Qaeda philosophy. That is you misguided and petty view though.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Can we please, please please, stop with the personal assaults?

In case you all haven't noticed the powers that be are getting more than a little tired of it. If you disagree with someone, just say so and why...that's really all you need to do.

Islam is a religion that espouses in general, submission to the will of Allah, nothing more or less. The various interpretations are by men, both evil and good. I don't know every Muslim on Earth, but the ones I do know are good god fearing folk who just want to worship as the please, live their lives quietly. They, like most Christians, are not blood thirsty zealots. To tar an entire religion for the actions of a few is wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Text You can compare Islam to Christianity all you want, but when it comes to statistics the facts are indisputable. In the last 50 years there have been more terrorist attacks at the hands of Islamofasicsts than any other fanatical group.

erm....... the jews bombed the British out of Palestine. Americas support of Israel has kept the holocaust alive and well and relocated it to Gaza

...the Nazis were christian.

Bush & Blair are christian and responsible for how many deaths again??

and we know all about the catholic priest and their "hands on" approach to choirboy maintenence!!

Islam is no more no less violent than any other religion - at least they do not interfere with young boys

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join