It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Sleep Disturbance - Decieving ET Tech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well following the current influx of dream related posts I thought I'd post an 'experience' I had as a child which only recently came to fruition. I've remembered the incident since it happened but never acknowledged it as anything more then disturbance in my sleep at night. I'm still very much undecided.

Anyway I'll try to keep it short...

I was approximately 10 years old and went to bed as normal. During the night I opened my eyes to see my whole body spasming. I was literally shaking in the bed but subconciously felt extremely calm. Furthermore both my mum and dad were at the end of the bed. They stood there facing eachother in a very rigid, emotionless manner as my mum looked at my dad and said 'he's doing it again'. Soon after I fell back to sleep.

Anyway I've always dismissed it off as merely a disturbance and some form of sleep paralysis. Everything in the 'disturbance' seemed relatively logical.

However, I recently casted my mind back to incident and the room and one HUGE inconsistancy stood out, my bed (in reality) was facing at a completely different angle to that during the incident! (towards my TV and wall not full length mirror wardrobes). Now this on the surface might not seem to make much of a difference but has raised a number of questions regarding the experience.

- If I had 'woken up', why was my bed at a new 90 degrees angle?
- Why was my body spasming yet I felt reassuringly safe?
- Why were my parents at the end of the bed acting extremely emotionless and rigid?

Interestingly I dont recall seeing any reflection in the mirror

I'm still positive it was merely a sleep disturbance but there is now a significant doubt in my mind over exactly what was happening. Regardless of what you may feel the experience was, here are some questions I've been pondering.

-Is it possible to witness something so horrific (specifically as a child) that your mind creates its own environment in relation to what you find reassuring?

-Could ET possess technology that makes the abductee invision they are in bed, safe at home - relative to the environment they were last in?...

-Could ET possess some form of 'shapeshifting' technology that replaces their physical appearance with that of any human being, in my case my mum and dad?

[edit on 3-4-2007 by kolo_heights]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Is it possible to witness something so horrific (specifically as a child) that your mind creates its own environment in relation to what you find reassuring?

The mind can do amazing things. Everything from psychosomatic illness, to multiple personality disorder can be created in the mind in response to circumstances that one finds unable to handle through more common coping mechanisms.

Could ET possess some form of 'shapeshifting' technology that replaces their physical appearance with that of any human being, in my case my mum and dad?

This is just my opinion. I have no proof, nothing to back it up really:
I don't know if it is a matter of technology or not, but I feel that there are beings out there who may appear to us in a form that is readily acceptable to us. I believe this because of my own personal experience. If you want the whole sordid story, I'll be glad to U2U it. It's only a story and it still doesn't provide any proof or even any evidence, so I never bother posting it.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes I'd be interested in your story, emperical evidence isn't everything in this world...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This sounds like a condition called Sleep Paralisys, read more about it here:

en.wikipedia.org...

I have it myself, and its just the mind still sleeping but your kindof awake so the mind makes up you sorrounding since you still kindof dreaming. I have "woken up" in the bedroom of my childhood even though I dont live there anymore etc, only to realize that I am still a sleep. Its only the mind that plays tricks on you

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Acharya]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok, this is strange. You were talking about the ET's being able to "shape shift" into something or someone we'd feel more comfortable to see.

This will be a quick gist of things that I'd like to share. (Sorry to break off from the main post, but I think it is relevant)

In 1994-95 My grandmother spotted a UFO by the stars doing some amazing acrobatics. She yelled for me and my grandfather to see. We looked out the back door up to the sky and we saw a little white light zipping back and fourth, up and down.

After watching for about 3-5 minutes, both grandparents stepped back in, but I stood outside watching it from our backyard. (There's a large wooded area right out back.)

I heard someone walking in the woods out back and saw what looked like my mother. (I was twelve at the time, I'm now 25)

I felt very "at ease" like I wanted to go to her, "she" was just standing there looking at me. I can't explain the feeling I got from it. I just felt assured and at complete ease. But I didn't go. And after about a minute just standing there, I started feeling uneasy like the "flight or fight" instinct coming into play. So I quickly did a 180 and rand inside.

First off, we were in Georgia when this happened. My mother was in Texas doing a job interview.

So heres my thoughts about that night.

1.) I may have just imagined it all, as I was only 12 at the time, it could have been a tree that just looked like a person (and me missing my mother could explain it.) But that doesn't explain the emotions.

2.) It could have been someone else out in the woods for whatever reason, and I just thought that "he/she" looked like my mother

or

3.) It was a ET who had changed his appearance to that of my mother to try to coax me out there to get a.) abducted or b.) killed or c.) contact.

I just thought I would share my experience, as I do believe they have the ability to change their appearance to what they'd like. (Although it is probably just a mental projection to us to trick us.)

But I was twelve, and you know how kids are! But even though, I remember it like it was yesterday as I had trouble sleeping for a month.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

- Why were my parents at the end of the bed acting extremely emotionless and rigid?

You didn't wake up - you had a dream. And your parents weren't your parents. They were dream characters (which tend to act oddly). Later in your life, you got interested in UFOs and now things in the past are cast in that light. If you'd become not interested in UFOs, but in angels or something else instead, this instance would have been interpreted in THAT light instead. Not that I'm saying this wasn't an important experience. I've had a couple dreams that changed my thinking for YEARS.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
This sounds like a condition called Sleep Paralisys, read more about it here:

en.wikipedia.org...

I have it myself, and its just the mind still sleeping but your kindof awake so the mind makes up you sorrounding since you still kindof dreaming. I have "woken up" in the bedroom of my childhood even though I dont live there anymore etc, only to realize that I am still a sleep. Its only the mind that plays tricks on you

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Acharya]

Yes I have myself been a victim of sleep paralysis. It's a strange phenomena I feel we have yet to completely understand. From what I understand when the subject has sleep paralysis they do literally 'wake up', however are unable to move or speak as there body is seemingly asleep (at least this is the form I've experienced)

Regarding my experience however, I've never had a dream where the environment is exactly that of reality (except in my case the bed being at a different angle).

There is a good chance I may have dreamt of waking up but when I did wake up my general surroundings and physical being seemed too real for me to be in a dream state. Furthermore I've never had sleep paralysis that has invoked uncontrollable spasming.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
1.) I may have just imagined it all, as I was only 12 at the time, it could have been a tree that just looked like a person (and me missing my mother could explain it.) But that doesn't explain the emotions.

2.) It could have been someone else out in the woods for whatever reason, and I just thought that "he/she" looked like my mother

or

3.) It was a ET who had changed his appearance to that of my mother to try to coax me out there to get a.) abducted or b.) killed or c.) contact.

I just thought I would share my experience, as I do believe they have the ability to change their appearance to what they'd like. (Although it is probably just a mental projection to us to trick us.)

But I was twelve, and you know how kids are! But even though, I remember it like it was yesterday as I had trouble sleeping for a month.

First of a very interesting story, thanks for sharing...

Similarity wise that is exactly the emotions I had when initially waking up, feelings of inner peace and calm. When I've had sleep paralysis before (from what I recall I never had it as a child only a few times as an adult) I have never felt calm, quite the opposite infact. Furthermore my whole body was spasming, which yet again, one would feel I would be horrified (especially as a child)

Furthermore regarding your initial point at the age of around 12 I had a bad experience with my brother regarding a figure, though my feelings were of complete uncontrollable fear at the time. It sounds revelant to your experience so check it out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel as kids we are more inclined to experience strange phenoma. Be it a part of the human brains development (or deconstruction) to conform to society, many individuals have perplexing experiences which are hard to comprehend. This experience was distinctly average compared to new experiences I've had so why I in particular remember it is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yes, i've had sleep parylisis too. Some abductees claim having figures sitting on their chest.
When i had sleep parylisis i was exploring the alien phenomena alot more..what could be the cause?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

You didn't wake up - you had a dream. And your parents weren't your parents. They were dream characters (which tend to act oddly). Later in your life, you got interested in UFOs and now things in the past are cast in that light. If you'd become not interested in UFOs, but in angels or something else instead, this instance would have been interpreted in THAT light instead. Not that I'm saying this wasn't an important experience. I've had a couple dreams that changed my thinking for YEARS.

This is a highly relevant and plausable response. This is what confuses me though as this in particular wasn't that important to me. It hasn't changed my thinking and while I have gained a strong interest in ET and other paranormal events, this certainly wasnt the catalyst for them.

Why I remember this dream is beyond me, though the realisation of its inconsistancies were relatively profound. If the experience was a dream of me waking up, then I still cant explain the complete feelings of inner peace and calm though my body was spasming.

But what if one is destined to explore and uncover their past?

join