It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq to Import Refining Equipment from Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Iraq to Import Refining Equipment from Iran

uruknet.info

Press TV - Iraq will pay $64 million for importing equipment from Iran to upgrade one of its refineries.

The equipment will be imported to upgrade Najaf Oil Refinery located in 150 km south of Iraqi capital city of Baghdad, a provincial official of Najaf has said.

A provincial delegation from Najaf has visited Iran where they talked with exporting Iranian firms over the issue, Ali al-Esaavi said without referring to the date of the Iraqi trip.

Najaf Oil Refinery was opened near the Shia shrine city of Najaf with a modest capacity of 10,000 barrels per day early October 2006.

Standing as the second refinery opened by Iraq's oil ministry since April 2003, it is aimed at meeting the local needs of the inhabitants and factories of Najaf province.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If you were looking for another reason why our troops should come home, I think you will have one after reading this.

another snip form the link
Iraq has also proposed Iran to help construct power plants in Iraqi region, which is being assessed by Iranian officials at the time being.

Furthermore, Bank Melli Iran (BMI) will open a branch in Baghdad and other cities southern Iraq, which is a move to boost banking ties.

The signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) early March during a visit of an Iraqi ministerial delegation to Iran is another measure of Tehran and Baghdad to develop bilateral ties.

uruknet.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/4/2 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
O.K. So I'm having a wee-bit of trouble understanding if that's significant?

Iran may eventually gobble up Iraq but so be it until the oil flow is threatened, slowed or stopped to the west.
Acting on premise of future trouble when acting directly interferes with another Country's ability to make it's own decisions is rapidly becoming extinct -- I think.

I'm far more concerned with extremists who are raised to hate and to what length they, supported by their Country or others, may go to create extreme havoc in the free western world. Oil used to be the major concern..now it ain't. Bicycles are still available in a crunch. But at least it's a LIVING decision.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Iran doesn't have enough refining capacity to even meet its own needs, it has to import refined petroleum products even though it's a big producer of crude oil.

This doesn't make too much sense to me. Plus the value of the deal ($64 million) seems miniscule.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

O.K. So I'm having a wee-bit of trouble understanding if that's significant?
Dallas

My sentiments are the fact that our servicemen/women plus billions of US taxpayer dollars went into Iraq right or wrong to liberate the people of Iraq from their dictator Hussein, there should be some deference
shown on the US's behalf concerning Iran at this moment.

There is enough problems with extremists from Iraq and Iran causing mayhem and fatalities in Iraq without having the Iraqi government make business deals while our troops and their people suffer...

[edit on 2007/4/2 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"...There is enough problems with extremists from Iraq and Iran causing mayhem and fatalities in Iraq without having the Iraqi government make business deals while our troops and their people suffer... "

Seems to me the deaths of Americans, Britons and other Iraq invasion supporting Countries involved should have never occurred. And in the end, without a crystal ball, more hatred is directed from some toward the west. Some -- inferring WMD walk-in capability. The USA has neighbors, North and South.

Get the hell out of Iraq, get on with the next United States President and do the darndest to make peace throughout this world. Not suggesting extremists should be ignored or left to their own devices -- Fxxx no, HOLD their Country responsible.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Get the hell out of Iraq, get on with the next United States President and do the darndest to make peace throughout this world. Not suggesting extremists should be ignored or left to their own devices -- Fxxx no, HOLD their Country responsible.
Dallas

So you do agree with me, Get all of our troops out of there, this particular piece of news only helps to convince those that may side on continuing this senseless waste of our fighting men/women along with innocents who are being sacrificed on a daily basis.

Make no mistake, the extremists will continue to do what they are doing whether our troops are there or not, the targets will just be different.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's a bongled-up mess JacKatMtn. I suggest Pelosi's over in that area to learn but more? More importantly, to suggest reason's on the horizon, after the next US Presidential election's done and the incumbent been sworn into office.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Iran doesn't have enough refining capacity to even meet its own needs, it has to import refined petroleum products even though it's a big producer of crude oil.

This doesn't make too much sense to me. Plus the value of the deal ($64 million) seems miniscule.

I was about to say the same thing, but then If you think about it, more then likely they are using Iran as a go-between possibly to purchase from China or Russia. Maybe the price seems a lot lower because of who they are buying from? If they bought it from a US corporation the price may be quadruple that.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Yes I think that's on the mark djohnsto. Iran has decades dealing with a liberal power within and the next a spiritual one.

All in all, NK and Iran are dangerous and perhaps it's better to strike an accord with'm or deal with'm in a more destructful manner before destructive becomes more of a local word?

Dallas

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is just apart of the political games that the government of Iran is playing. Iran needs to be seen as a friendly neighbour in order to deflect attention away from the fact that the government of Iran is aiding the insurgency on some level.

top topics

join