It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Viciously attacking 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow as I have been watching Fox News in the past couple days just by flipping through the channels and such. They have been very vitriolic with anyone who has alternative views on 9/11.

First off I seen Sean Hannity and his "Enemy of the Week" they claimed Charlie Sheen was the enemy on the week on caliber with Fidel Castro because of his involvement with a 9/11 conspiracy documentary/movie. THe way Hannity talked about Charlie Sheen it seemed like he was the one who flew the planes in the WTC. He also made it very clear if you dont believe the "official" 9/11 story then you are stupid and dangerous.

THen I accidently had my TV on with the O'reilly Factor on the air. He was talking about Rosie O'Donnald and here statements about 9/11 and the conspiracy. I dont agree with her and dont necessarily like her at all but dang he had the same view as Hannity. If you question you are stupid and dangerous and you should be shunned.

This is dangerous thinking people are using on Fox News. People should be encouraged to ask questions and for people to be forced to answer those questions. You shouldn't be called stupid if you asked questions and be banished if you dont follow the mainstream story. This sounds like Germany before Hitler came to power. Lets stifle the people who oppose the mainstream. I dont know what happen on 9/11 but their are definitely some questions that need to be asked and people who need to be scrutinized.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know exactly what your talking about, I was watching O'Reilly earlier. They dont give any credence to anyone who even questions what has been said about 9/11. Rosie wasnt outright claiming that this was a false flag. She simply said that there was some sketchy things going on with WTC7 that needed explaining. FOX news took it completely out of context and smashed ABC as well as Rosie. They need to look into the conspiricies more themselves, then I wonder if they would be offensive.

Perhaps this is part of a larger conspiracy to draw bad attention to anyone who questions. By putting Rosie in a negative light she is less likely to have any sort of influence over viewers that might cause the general public to start questioning things.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
I know exactly what your talking about, I was watching O'Reilly earlier. They dont give any credence to anyone who even questions what has been said about 9/11. Rosie wasnt outright claiming that this was a false flag. She simply said that there was some sketchy things going on with WTC7 that needed explaining. FOX news took it completely out of context and smashed ABC as well as Rosie. They need to look into the conspiricies more themselves, then I wonder if they would be offensive.

Perhaps this is part of a larger conspiracy to draw bad attention to anyone who questions. By putting Rosie in a negative light she is less likely to have any sort of influence over viewers that might cause the general public to start questioning things.

I agree with you on this!
This is not the first time Fox news has resorted to name calling on Rosie for her talking about 911.
The more the media keeps bashing anyone who ask question the more the public will see the media is trying to hide something infact I am already starting to see it now.
It just amazes what the news has turn in to.
A few years ago news only reported the news and nothing eles.
Now they are attacking people who ask questions.I am getting to the point that I want to turn my tv off!

[edit on 2-4-2007 by cashlink]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have seen this before on "news talk shows" such as these. I get the feeling these people have never even looked at the facts and just try to slam people for thinking out side the mainstream. Until it is proved to be a lie, people will be ridiculed ans talked dow upon. But, like people in history, until you succeed others will not follow you.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would like to see a TV show that is call TRUTH.
That would go after these talk shows and News organication and embaress
the H... out of them.
I have never seen so much media Debunking on 911 in my life.
Look at that Glen Beck show almost every night he is TRASHING someone
for asking question about 911.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
I would like to see a TV show that is call TRUTH.
That would go after these talk shows and News organication and embaress
the H... out of them.
I have never seen so much media Debunking on 911 in my life.
Look at that Glen Beck show almost every night he is TRASHING someone
for asking question about 911.

Despite that, Glenn Beck has been a pioneer in other areas. He is one of the few reporters who was consistently talking about the O'hare ufo when that was a big story. That doesnt mean its justified, people have to be very careful with what they support and dont support, just to keep their jobs. Maybe he secretly questions 9/11 all the time, just not publicly.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Alternative points of view contrary to the one party line will not be tolerated.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What do you expect from FOX the number one in propaganda. Hell. Even the O in the name FOX looks like a reptilian eye...and we all know what that points to...ya...you know..everyone knows.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Its not just FOX. I wanted to post this to raise the issue but any major news station and publication has the same stance on this issue. Criticize the person who questions no matter how valid their arguments are.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Come on guys, you expect the talking head drones of these stations to play nice with anyone who even remotely backs anything having to do with a 9/11 conspiracy? They're doing what their bosses want them to do by trying to discredit and smear anyone who would dare go against the status quo of that day, and it's going to be drilled into our heads whenever new information is discussed or another one of these public figures decides to voice any kind of discrepancies they discovery about it.

Just remember, mainstream media ALWAYS has an agenda, the voice and personalities may change but the philosophical origins that information permeates from will remain the same. Sometimes they'll threw us a bone, but it'll most likely already be chewed, swallowed and digested before it even gets to us.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by BrokenVisage]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A show w/ a segment called "Enemy of the Week" is accusing Rosie O'Donnel of being hateful.

Hahaha.

Well here's MY enemy of the week: Bill O'Reilly. Bill, you are a piece of human trash.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It truly is scary to see how vicious the media will be to someone that starts to ask questions or shows any dissent against this administration!!! But I guess we should remember that it was the decider who said "Let us never tolerate any outrageous conspiracy theories in regards to the events of the day" So what else should be come to expect from the corporate drones on that claim to give news on that network!!!!!

I think Rosie should be applauded for telling people to wake up and start seek out news from alternative outlets!!!! The MSM is a corporate controlled monster that seeks to shape opinions and views of the public!!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
They have been very vitriolic with anyone who has alternative views on 9/11.

Not really.

They have been exposing Rosie O'Donnel for the whack that she is. They didn't start when she started blabbing about 9/11 .. they've been having a fun time with her for a very long time.

Charlie Sheen? Well, the problem there is that Rosie O'Donnel started it. If she had kept her fat mouth out of the subject then Charlie Sheen might be treated with some respect. However, Rosie ruined it for anyone in Hollywood who might back the 9/11 conspiracies.

You DO NOT want Rosie on your side on any matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yep, when all else fails pull out old #5 "Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think Rosie is one of the most distasteful individuals I have ever seen but she is no fool and she should be afforded the courtesy to express her beliefs without character assassination. Just like other distasteful individuals Bill Or, Rush, Savage and Coulter who suck up the official story and tout it endlessly.

It seems strange that Fox the "macho" news channel would be such crybabies.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They are destroyers not enablers.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
However, Rosie ruined it for anyone in Hollywood who might back the 9/11 conspiracies.

So, did Judy Wood "ruin it" for any professors? I believe this comment is EXACTLY the goal of the attacks on Rosie... Discredit an entire segment of the population based on the words of a single individual, fortunately this tactic only works with stereotypers and, for lack of a better word, bigots. You do realize the INDIVIDUALS speak for THEMSELVES right? What if Rosie were black? Would she have "ruined it" for all blacks wanting to speak out on the subject?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Quicksilver
They have been very vitriolic with anyone who has alternative views on 9/11.

Not really.

They have been exposing Rosie O'Donnel for the whack that she is. They didn't start when she started blabbing about 9/11 .. they've been having a fun time with her for a very long time.

Charlie Sheen? Well, the problem there is that Rosie O'Donnel started it. If she had kept her fat mouth out of the subject then Charlie Sheen might be treated with some respect. However, Rosie ruined it for anyone in Hollywood who might back the 9/11 conspiracies.

You DO NOT want Rosie on your side on any matter.

Only thing is the Hannity segment was before Rosie started talking. I agree with you she is stupid as hell and has a fat mouth. I was mearly using her for an example. I think if anyone would have said what she said it would have about th esame reaction (not as much from O'Reilly because he is tryin to make it personal).

I think yall are righ this is jsut what the higher ups want us to hear. That scares me because who is telling O'Reilly's boss what to push??? How much is Hannity getting to push this subject.

Hmm thought that ran through my head. Maybe Rosie is working disinfo to discredit people like us who are really asking questions??

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
for me it is a fundamental issue of free speech.

i have a pts thread that explains me thoughts on rosie in particular here www.abovepolitics.com...

but to elaborate a bit in this thread, my basic issue with the news anchors bashing 911 CT'rs is this.

ok, freedom of speech is not a privledge it is a right. if rosie wants to give her view, so be it. if o'reilley wants to share a counter opinion, so be it.

the problem is in my opinion this. these people are using their celebrity, and their employers air time to do it. if an anchor is allowed by his or her employer to spew off their opinions, then that is tacit approval from said employer. eyah they can disclaim the statements all they want but hte bottom line is that if i work for ABC and i say i think 911 was an inside job then by default, if im allowed to CONTINUE to say it, people will start to think taht ABC agree's with me.

thing is rosie isnt a news anchor she's on a show thats all about opinion, so if ABC is going to let her express her opinion then more power to them.

news anchors are different unless they actually OWN the broadcasting company. in the world of news i always thought the goal was to be open minded and try to present facts, or if you are presenting opinions then you should at least have someone there to pose the alternative to your opinions. because, lets face it, opinions are NOT news, and shouldnt be presented as such in the media IMO. not without the opportunity for both sides to be presented.

hope that at least made some sense

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think free speech is good, but crazy talk? It's a no no...U can bet people will bash you for crazy talk...look at what happen to Tom Cruise...Don't you ever had that crazy friend that talks about nonsense and everyone around would ignore or make fun of?

Try debunking this Rosie.

www.debunking911.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow amfist its not really crazy talk there are credible questions that need to be addressed.

Your mindset is a very dangerous one. Call the people crazy who ask questions? The peopel who dont ask questions are the crazy ones. The ones that follow blindly are crazy. If you give me proof and answer the questions that are presented soundly and fully I will be more then happy to accept the official story.

top topics

join