It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Food Recall Expands;Will human food be next?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No adverts for purchasing melanine scrap yet, but here's an advert to sell their "special powder" to increase protein levels by 160% - 300%.

HP Protein Powder - by Xuzhou Anying Biologic

Reasonably making use of NPN and reducing the production cost of feed factor, HP Protein Powder is a good additive to supplement the shortage of protein resources in animal feed applications.

Use Methods:
1. For poultry feed: adding 2% is capable of increasing protein by 3.2%-6.0%.

2. For cattle/sheep/pig/fish/shrimp feed: adding 3% is capable of increasing protein by 4.8%-9.0%.

3. For raw materials such as Fish Meal, Meat and Bone Meal, Bean Meal, Rice Protein Meal and other protein feed ingredients: adding 1kg of HP Protein Powder per hundred kilos can improve protein by 1.6%-3.0%.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I had to take my dog to the vet yesterday because he is getting sick from eating chicken. The tainted pet food products are now in the poultry supply. He's home now and ok. They had to rehydrate him and he is on some meds for a short while but now I'll have to switch to organic chicken.

My dog is allergic to dog food so he has always eaten a special diet of boiled chicken, brown rice and veggies (with additional nutritional supplements added). This recipe was approved by my holistic vet and he's very healthy on it.

This whole thing really has me very concerned. I don't see the food poisoning ending anytime soon. In fact, this is merely a ramp-up of what's been going on for years.

If you're not aware of what's really going into the food supply, the water supply, and the products we use every single day... check out my post here: Theory: Mankind is Growing Stupid

And the pet food industry is just as shocking:
The true horrors of pet food revealed: Prepare to be shocked by what goes into dog food and cat food

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Truly, it's not just the pet food.......the list grows and grows........why is no one doing something to stop this??!!

www.truthout.org...

In four months, FDA refused 298 shipments.

Dried apples preserved with a cancer-causing chemical.

Frozen catfish laden with banned antibiotics.

Scallops and sardines coated with putrefying bacteria.

Mushrooms laced with illegal pesticides.

Keep reading, the article is rather long, and it just gets worse!! Here's just a small part of it.....

Despite those violations, the Chinese government is on track to get permission to legally export its chickens to the United States - a prospect that has raised concern not only because of fears of bacteria such as salmonella but also because Chinese chickens, if not properly processed, could be a source of avian flu, which public-health authorities fear may be poised to trigger a human pandemic.

Last year, under high-level pressure from China, the USDA passed a rule allowing China to export to the United States chickens that were grown and slaughtered in North America and then processed in China - a rule that quickly passed through multiple levels of review and was approved the day before Chinese President Hu Jintao arrived in Washington last April.

Now the rule that China really wants, allowing it to export its own birds to the United States, is in the works, said Richard Raymond, USDA's undersecretary for food safety. Reports in China have repeatedly hinted that only if China gets its way on chicken exports to the United States will Beijing lift its four-year-old ban on importing U.S. beef. Raymond denies any link.

Why in the name of sanity would we want to import their chickens and why let them process ours?? How much could a company possibly save by shipping a chicken carcass to China to have it processed and then ship it back?? Chicken farmers here only make a few cents profit per bird.....how in the world can a company justify wanting a cheaper source so badly that they would literally 'kill' us for a few pennies??

If we don't do something about this, they (China or whoever) will never have to fire a single shot.....we will all be poisoned to death long before they arrive...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
ANOTHER!
Monkfish.
Sometimes known as "poor man's lobster"
It's not Monkfish!

The FDA analyzed the fish and confirmed the presence of potentially life-threatening levels of tetrodotoxin, which isn't found in real monkfish.

The above toxin is found in puffer fish.

The FDA says the mislabeled fish were imported from China by Hong Chang Corp. of Santa Fe Springs, Calif. Consumers concerned that they may have purchased this fish should contact their retailer and ask if the product was received from Hong Chang Corp.

Here is a little info on the toxin

tetrodotoxin
so, again, yes..human food is next.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by spacedoubt]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join