It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My NFL Mock Draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Round 1
1(1) Oakland- JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU, 6'5, 255, 4.7
2(2) Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame, 6-3, 224, 4.7
3(3) Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma, 6-2, 220, 4.4
4(4) Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech, 6-5, 225, 4.4
5(5) Arizona - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin , 6-6, 315,5.2
6(6) Washington - Gaines Adames, DE, Clemson, 6-5, 261, 4.7
7(7) Minnesota- Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State
8(8) Atlanta (from Houston) - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
9(9) Miami- Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
10(10) Houston (from Atlanta)-Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
11(11) San Francisco- Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss
12(12) Buffalo- Marshawn Lynch, RB, California
13(13) St. Louis- Amobe Okoye, DT, Louisville
14(14) Carolina- Greg Olson, TE, Miami (fl)
15(15) Pittsburgh- Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska, 6-6, 292,4.8
16(16) Green Bay- Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee, 6-3, 210, 4.4
17(17) Jacksonville- LaRon Landry, S, LSU,
18(18) Cincinnati- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
19(19) Tennessee -Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
20(20) NY Giants - Lawrence Timmons, CB, Florida State
21(21) Denver - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State,
22(22) Dallas- Michael Griffin, S, Texas
23(23) Kansas City-Dwayne Bowie, WR, LSU,
24(24) New England (from Seattle)- Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
25(25) NY Jets- Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
26(26) Philadelphia- Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
27(27) New Orleans - Zach Miller, TE, Arizonia State
28(28) New England - Brian Leonard, FB/TE, Rutgers
29(29) Baltimore - Jon Beason, OLB, Miami (FL)
30(30) San Diego - Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
31(31) Chicago - Ryan Kalil, C, USC
32(32) Indianapolis - Justin Harell, DT, Tennessee
2nd Round
1(33) Oakland- Joe Staley, OT, C.Michigan
2(34) Detroit - Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
3(35) Tampa Bay- Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
4(36) Cleveland - Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
5(37) Chicago (From Washington through N.Y. Jets) -Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
6(38) Arizona - Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida
7(39) Atlanta (From Houston) - Aaron Sears, OT, Tennessee
8(40) Miami - Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
9(41) Minnesota -Anthony Gonzales, WR, Ohio State
10(42) San Francisco- Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
11(43) Buffalo- David Harris, ILB, Michigan
12(44) Atlanta - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
13(45) Carolina - Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
14(46) Pittsburgh - Lamarr Woodley, DE, Michigan
15(47) Green Bay -Tony Hunt, RB, Michigan
16(48) Jacksonville- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State, 6-3, 226, 4.8
17(49) Cincinnati - Eric Weddle , S, Utah
18(50) Tennessee - Tenard Jackson, CB, Syracuse
19(51) NY Giants- Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State
20(52) St. Louis- Rufus Alexander, OLB, Oklahoma
21(53) Dallas - Tim Crowder, DE, Texas
22(54) Kansas City- DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State
23(55) Seattle - Eric Wright, CB, UNLV
24(56) Denver -James Marten, OT, Boston College
25(57) Philadelphia- Tim Shaw, OLB, Penn State
26(58) New Orleans - Craig Davis, WR, LSU
27(59) NY Jets - Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State
28(60) Miami (From New England)- Jordan Palmer, QB, UTEP, 6-6, 229, 4.9
29(61) Baltimore- Daymeion Hughes, CB, California
30(62) San Diego -Steve Smith, WR, USC
31(63) NY Jets (From Chicago)- Ray McDonald, DE, Florida
32(64) Tampa Bay (From Indianapolis)-Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State

Feel free to let me know what you think?

Feel Differently??

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Pretty thorough job, there. I haven't (and I'm sure won't) take the time to famaliarize myself with every available player and each team's specific need, but just for sake of discussion-

I'm doubting the Lions take Quinn #2. I'm not convinced Millen's that smart. Kitna's like 75 years old and they could use a QB, but Millen will likely draft a wide receiver. Ginn from Ohio State maybe.

You've got my Colts taking Harrell the DT at #32. I think they'll take a defensive player, but I think they'll take a linebacker, what with losing Cato June to free agency. Yes, they also Montae Reagor to Philly, but Reagor was hurt (car accident) most of the year. Really like Montae, he's an all-around good guy and I'm sorry to see him go.

My guess is that they'll take Timmons, the OLB from Florida State with that pick if he's available.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Millen may be the stupidist man alive. He isn't going to be fired because the owner is such a hard headed

I think they might trade down and get a lineman, but I just can't see them taking one at #2, they could trade down if anyone wants Quinn.

God I love the draft possibilities. I bought "Head Coach" just so I could go thru drafts and adjust my rosters how i wanted them too. Couldn't wait for Madden last year. LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Not too bad. I really hope Detriot takes a WR. That would be the best.

Just to comment on the Pats 1st rounders, their my squad. I think if Reggie Nelson is still on the board for their first pick they will take him. I know they brought him in for a interview, and he would fit well into their system. Also, for some reason they like Florida guys. I also don't think they will take fullback from Rutgers. They really need some help at inside LB. But, they usually just draft the best available player when they have 2 picks in a round.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If Detroit took a WR I would be laughing so hard coke would come out my nose..

Of course Calvin Johnson is one of the most complete WR's since Roy Williams to come out of college.

But still they would get a lot of
:w::bash:
from their fans.

The Pats could go Nelson with their second pick. They really need to build on their secondary. Good call.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, I can only speak for the Texans and say that they are on the verge of signing Jamar Fletcher, CB Lions, so Leon Hall at ten is probably not going to happen, not that anyone in Houston wanted Hall anyways. I think you have LaRon Landry way too low. He would never make it past the Texans.

That being said, the fans here want excitement, Peterson, Ginn, Landry, or Okoye will be our pick IMO, preferably hometown boy Peterson, the second coming of Eric Dickerson.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just so you know that in my little fantasy world were a rich uncle died and I bought controling intrest in the Texans. 51 percent of the shares. Kept winning all the votes

I made trades and moved up and pulled a anti Saints-Ricky Williams and got a lot of draft picks:

1st round: Adrian Peterson/ Alan Branch / Michael Griffin

2nd round: Brandon Meriweather/ Justin Blalock/ Sidney Rice

I know its all
but I can have my fun. You can blame Madden and now that xbox: NFL Coach for that. I've always gone back over the draft afterwards and redrafted for my teams: Dallas, Houston, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, or someone who sucks and I mysteriously was put in charge of.

I also pulled some moves that had other backup qb's breathing down Matt Scuab or something like that's back. I'm not really sold on him. Can't be any worse than car. Should have drafted Vince Young like a said moron's. Man its like being an Oilers fan all over again.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'd love to get Blalock in the second round but unfortunately, as of right now, we don't have one this year or next. I think two second rounders and a first round swap was a little too much to give up for Schaub.

My feeling is that if there's not something real exciting there (Peterson, Ginn, Landry, Adams) at ten they'll trade down and try to get that second rounder back.

Way to go picking all the way through the second round, I wouldn't even have a clue. I'll see how you do against Kiper.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Of all the linemen Blalock is my favorite. 6-5, 350. He's a friggen house.

Personally I think Texas's O-Line is going to take years to recover from him. I know they got alot of good players, but he was old school run over a guy and step on his facemask as he blocks someone else into the turf.

PS thanks for the Love Dr. Love, draftime is almost as much fun as the season for me.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Is that the Atlanta Falcons are trying to move up to get Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech. A receiving phenom, who looks better to me than any WR coming out I have ever seen. Speed like a small sprinter, and Size like a big possesion receiver.

They are trying to give Micheal Vick someone to throw to who might actually catch it.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The Detroit Lions are probably going to go Defense and possibly pick up a quarterback in later rounds. They have 9 picks for this up coming draft.

If the Lions make a trade, the other team is going to have to give up a lot for the #2 pick. The NFL bases each selection on points so for the #2 pick it is worth 2600 points. In order to make a deal the other team has to come up with 2600 points.

www.sportznutz.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just saw a mock draft that had Detroit taking Calvin Johnson at #2. I know he's possibly the best WR to come out in a long time. But great or not I think the city my riot with another WR in the first round.

Dallas notes: A lock of mocks have them taking Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee. I just want to say I pray to god he's gone by then, so they can take Aaron Ross, CB, Texas or DeWayne Jarrett, WR, USC. As a fan I don't buy Meachem being all that.

**Mark My words DeWayne Jarrett will be a freaken stud WR in a few years. Everyone will look back on the draft and be
that they didn't take him. He's easily the 2nd best WR in one of the Deepest WR drafts in history.

new topics

top topics

join