It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair warns Iran on 15 seized sailors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Blair warns Iran on 15 seized sailors

news.yahoo.com

British Prime Minister Tony Blair warned Iran on Sunday that the fate of 15 British sailors and marines seized off the Iraqi coast was a "fundamental" issue for his government, as Iran suggested the group may be put on trial for violating its waters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UK troops captured by Iran

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
An ongoing story about Iran, the US, and Britain going toe to toe. Now the storyline being played out is extremely similar, IMO, as that took place when Hezbollah held troops from Israel.

Hang on to your hats, it's going to get bumpy!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wonder what Iran is going to demand behind closed doors to the British. I know that when the Chinese forced a US plane down for the same thing, they demanded a public appology, but then again the Chinese Government allowed officials from the US to visit and after all was said and done, the China was welcomed by the US as a full trade partner. So I am curious as to what lengths that the Iranians will go with the UK to get on their side or what they could possibly hope to achieve with this.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Is this a repeat of the Iranian Hostage Crisis that happened in 1979?

The US military wasn't able to get the American hostages out of Iran then, now is Britain going to be put in the same boat? Is Britain going to be the one to initiate a military strike against Iran with the US and Israel backing them?

I'm certain that things are going to take a turn for the worse very soon. The actions taken recently by Iran taking the Brits captive, is the fastest growing issue that I've seen in quite some time.

top topics

join