It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mary Magdalene Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
groingrinder -

Depends on what you are after, if it is writing of authors or journalists debunking Mr Brown there are a few links I have:

Short commentary by a good Professor: marty-center.uchicago.edu...

A good review : ncronline.org...

or

A good reading on the Gnostic Gospels: www.iclnet.org...

And of course the writings of Our ealry Church Fathers:
www.newadvent.org...

There is much information out there . Not long ago I was fallen away from the Church and returned after reading and studying the Church Fathers, now I spend my life serving the Chris and His Church and would love to share anything and everything I can....If you need anymore suggestions please ask.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Silly catholics, they think they're praying to the virgin Mary.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Silly catholics, they think they're praying to the virgin Mary.

Catholics pray to the virgin to intercede on their behalf, not to venerate her as a God. Much like you would ask your mother to help intercede on your behalf with your dad.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the links meter3. I fell out with the Catholic church many years ago. I could not bring myself to go to mass after I found out about the Inquisition and then the slavery of natives in the new world all in the name of property, wealth, and power.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
You're correct. Mary Magdelline wasn't a prostitute, trust the Catholic Church to create one eh? I heard she wrote a few of the books as well, and the Church didn't like the fact that a Woman had enough brains to do that and yes, they defamed her along with a lot of other women. tsk tsk on the Church!!! In the Gnostic Gospels it states that Jesus kissed Lazarus on the lips, does it mean he was Gay? Well, who really knows all i know is that half of it's true and the other half is crap. 50% ain't bad though

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
heh, it would be kewl if you were jesus. You'd probably look hot to a lot of women and get easy poontang and the ones who might not like you you could just tell them if they have sex with you you'll give them salvation and then I could have sex with almost any woman I wanted. Or i could give them anything they wanted for that matter. what woman wouldn't resist? being god and jesus I could easily make myself have a dick big enought to satisfy any woman. hehe.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was scared my post might be worthy of a lightning bolt from God at me, but after reading the above I feel a little better.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexJones
heh, it would be kewl if you were jesus. You'd probably look hot to a lot of women and get easy poontang and the ones who might not like you you could just tell them if they have sex with you you'll give them salvation and then I could have sex with almost any woman I wanted. Or i could give them anything they wanted for that matter. what woman wouldn't resist? being god and jesus I could easily make myself have a dick big enought to satisfy any woman. hehe.

I'm keeping my distance from you, your scary

If you were Jesus, i'd probably kill myself first.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk

Originally posted by DaTruth
Have you ever wondered why certain books of the bible were left out?

You must have watched that special on the History Channel too eh?

Yep i did and was mad as hell

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I like all of your replies to my post except AlexJones, I think you have issues dude. Get some counseling

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
IMO...the whole subject is pointless. Jesus Christ never existed. He was a fabricated tale to seal the people of different belief systems into one...Christianity.

The basic story of a born of god, crucified hero is repeated over and over again in mythology.

Some facts.

The word 'Mary' 2000 yaers ago was a title given to women of royal blood.

Jesus was a very common name , a nickname, not a formal name, in those days.

The person that Constintine based his myth on was an Essene who drew to much attention to himself.

As you know from the dead sea scrolls, the Essenes were a radical religious group with radical beliefs.

There was man named Jesus. He was as Student. He was a spiritual healer. And he was a teacher. This story telling of Jesus laying hands and healing is only part true. They also turned his teachings around to their benefit.

They claimed that Jesus could heal cripples, lepers, etc. This is untrue. Jesus only did Spiritual Healings. And Jesus loved Creator.

Jesus did healings that may have been more intense. But they were still just healings. When people found out about this, they did not understand. Jesus was hung on a cross just as many other men were for their beliefs.

Phimes

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm not really sure how relevant this is to the topic, but the reason why many books were left out was due to the council of nicea in 325 a.d. were many "christian branch" leaders convened and decided upon which books to include and exclude, in order to satisfy the need and coincide with every "christian branch". Off topic, but did anyone else know that the catholic church, is the only religion that has diplomatic representation.

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Text

i have been studying this subject at school and i agree that mary was not a prostitute and that the church chatsied her

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Logic alone, after much study, points towards there never being a Jesus, Mary, 12 disciples, etc. The lack of any supporting textual evidence from his time about any of them is notable. But... if Yeshua Bar Joseph, Jewish Rabbi of the Nazorean sect of Essenes, lived, then as far as I am concerned, Mary and him were an item. But, that is where Mr. Brown and I part ways. He either did not read many books I did, or else chose to dismiss much that I found to be likely theories. It looks to me like his goal was not figuring out the most plausible course of events, but his questionable guesswork and assumptions are baseless, so high sales are the best guess I have for this amateur dime store novel. If I wrote a book on the same topic, it would be much different, and be based on much more substance. John the beloved is, imo, a woman. That is just a theory, but it fits, it answers many long standing puzzles, and it looks like Leonardo agrees with me. The bible led me to that conclusion, and it was nice to see John painted as a woman in the last supper. Why people assume that means the figure is Mary is beyond me. But, I disagree that the Epistles are older than pre-Markan texts, and I do not agree that the Cathars were unseemly. Contrarily, I like their doctrine.
Cheers,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join