It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative vs. Liberal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I gots to know...

Seriously, I want to see where I stand. I feel overwhelmed by the Left on this board. But, maybe it is just that the Leftist's post stick out like a sore thumb for me.

Conservative here. My reasoning is simple... I believe that Conservatives have the moral compass that can keep this Country great. That, and I think Monica Crowley and Ann Coulter are just absolutely fine.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeeTwin

My reasoning is simple... I believe that Conservatives have the moral compass that can keep this Country great.

Funny LMFAO!!!
. Good one Vee Twin. You're a funny guy.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Funny LMFAO!!! . Good one Vee Twin. You're a funny guy.

Okay... while your laughing your back side off... why don't you stop, pick it up, and then answer the question, instead of trying to be a smartass?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Okay... while your laughing your back side off... why don't you stop, pick it up, and then answer the question, instead of trying to be a smartass?

Im not trying to be a smartass. I really found that funny as hell. I am neither republican or democrat. Both parties have flushed this country down the toilet a long time ago. By the way I really question your taste in women if you think Ann Coulter is hot. She looks like a guy dressed in drag. LMAO!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I am neither republican or democrat.

I never asked party affiliation. While, predominately, Conservatives line up on the GOP side, and Libs with the Jackasses...errr Dems... the two labels have definite lines between the core beliefs.

By the way I really question your taste in women if you think Ann Coulter is hot. She looks like a guy dressed in drag.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I never asked party affiliation. While, predominately, Conservatives line up on the GOP side, and Libs with the Jackasses...errr Dems... the two labels have definite lines between the core beliefs.

OK then I am neither liberal or conservative. I have a mind of my own and I dont see the need to lable myself one way or the other.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Then you need to have your eyes examined. LOL!

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith

Good one.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Interesting that someone comes aboard and says he is a conservative and then someone responds by saying that he is neither a Republican or a Democrat. A total apple and orange situation.
A conservative or a liberal can be in either parties. Especially nowadays, when the two choices are Republicrats and Democrats.
A conservative's views are based upon rugged individualism, reliance on self and local community rather than big federal government, believes the moral compass that was used by this nation for decades should not be tampered with, believes the government should tax less and interfere less, and that James Madison knew what he was talking about when he said this nation is not based upon any religion, but is based upon the Christian belief.
A Conservative also knows that Ben Franklin was right when he said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
A conservative can belong to either party.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The differances between the two may seem extreme but the fact is that most presidents are usually pretty moderate. They have to be able to work both sides of the table to get laws passed otherwise they will look like a failure. So in politics in America the differance between D and R is very slim.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I was raised in a VERY conservative family, my mom just marks off Republican down the ballot, never once reading up on issues or the polititians, just blind trust. I think most of washington is selfish and corrupt. I think political parties are obsolete. Politicians should know how to find the healty medium for their district, state and country.
But as to myself personally, I lean both ways depending on the issue...I'm a swinger!

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
... for those of you who are a little slow.

This isn't Repubs vs. Dems. This is Conservative vs. Liberal. Not party affiliation.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
We've been down this road so many times.

Most conservatives vote republican...most liberals vote democrat...that's a fact. You and TC are trying to separate the two when there is no separation. Will you vote Republican in the up coming election ??? Do you consider yourself to be conservative ??? You vote your side. While, you may not like the way your party is going they are still the conservative party in this country. If you are going to vote your beliefs on the issue you are going to vote republican...or like mommaship said--just vote a straight ticket because you can't stand anyone that's pro something you are anti. That's how people think here.

I'ma liberal in some ways and conservative in others. I care a lot about some of the pro's and some of the anti's. I pick the best one. Even though that's not what you wanted to know that's where this thread will end up. Its inevitable.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok quit trying to seperate the two just answer the question.

I am a Conservative Republican

Just answer the question.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ben Franklin was right when he said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

No no no. Marijuana is proof that God wants us to be happy. Alchohol is stuff that the government allows to be legal becuase it keeps the masses senses dulled, brain cells killed and keeps them all fighting with each other instead of fighting the system.

Being liberal is the being free to love everyone. You have to be liberally minded to accept everyone for who they are because that is right. Politics in America are all swaying to the right wing so it doesn't matter anyway. They are all puppets, it doesn't matter if the puppet on the right shares your beliefs or the puppet on the left does.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by earthtone]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am what I am, and I am what others wish to be for I am the best there is...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have a liberal viewpoint which (for me) is to say I can't help but see another's perspective, as well as my own. No matter my own interests, I can't ignore what it must be like to have an unwanted preganancy, be discriminated against, be unneccessarily jailed, be systematically poor, to NOT live in a "superpower"...etc. But having said that, I can sympathize with a conservative viewpoint as well.

I believe the 'natural' perspective is conservative. And for most of history, that has been both the majority and status quo. But, for me, once you learn the Earth isn't flat (for example)... you just can't vote for the Flat Earth party anymore (even if they do give you tax breaks).

For the most part, I tolerate the hang wringing paralysis of intellectual elitists like a Gore or most Democrats... but I'm also partial to the emotional purity and logic of LIBERTARIANS. "You're right, it is my money...so enough with the NWO crap on my dime."

I used to get Republicans better than I do now, but Bush is making it hard. Republicans (at one time) existed almost exclusively to fight The New Deal. Now they exist to give it to everyone on the planet but Americans.

But for the record, my signature is just a joke. It's the epitome of a traditional conservative viewpoint. :shk:

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by RANT]

top topics

join