It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resalat Tunnel (Front for new bunker?) (with pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
JULY 2006

The Resalat tunnel is opened ,It is an ambitious pet project for Iranian President Ahmadinejad .
but could this subteerainian tunnal linking 2 Iranian motorways be a cover for a government under ground bunker?

Opening of the Tunnel in Pics

This is purely theory hence I posted here for the truly amazing investigaters here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Looks like a fairly standard road tunnel to me.

However, what do I know, right?

Iran's leaders have built a secret underground emergency command centre in Teheran as they prepare for a confrontation with the West over their illicit nuclear programme, the Sunday Telegraph has been told.

The complex of rooms and offices beneath the Abbas Abad district in the north of the capital is designed to serve as a bolthole and headquarters for the country's rulers as military tensions mount.

The recently completed command centre is connected by tunnels to other government compounds near the Mossala prayer ground, one of the city's most important religious sites.

Offices of the state security forces, the energy department and the Organisation of Islamic Culture and Communications are all located in the same area.

The construction of the complex is part of the regime's plan to move more of its operations beneath ground. The Revolutionary Guard has overseen the development of subterranean chambers and tunnels - some more than half a mile long and an estimated 35ft high and wide - at sites across the country for research and development work on nuclear and rocket programmes.

Source.

I'd say it was certainly possible. However, Iran is a large country, and I don't know what the benefits of combining a project like this, with secret bunker construction would be. Would it not be easier to construct such facilities in remote areas?

Would it be a good idea to combine a civil engineering project with a secret military or government one?

new topics

join