It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would have been your response?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What would have been your response (in President's Bush's shoes) to the letter received at the White House from the President of Iran? Here is the full letter.

I think (correct me, anyone, if I'm mistaken) that the only response this letter received was stony silence...

df1

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
What would have been your response (in President's Bush's shoes) to the letter received at the White House from the President of Iran? Here is the full letter.

My expectation is that I would never have received such a letter because we would not have invaded Iraq and the US would not be acting in a threating manner toward Iran under my administration.

Upon taking office I would respond with something like this:

Mr. Mahmood Ahmadi-Najad,
President of the Islamic Republic of Iran

It was brought to my attention that you wrote to my predecessor and that you did not receive a response from him. I extend my most sincere apologies for this oversight.

In response to your concerns about my country's military presence in the Mideast, it is my intention to alleviate those concerns by immediately starting the process of removing US troops from Iraq. To that end I have already dispatched two personal envoys, one to Iran and the other to Saudi Arabia to meet with you and Prime Minister ABDALLAH bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud to discuss possibility of your respective countries replacing the departing US troops with your own peace keeping troops. Additionally I have ordered our Naval forces in the region to assume a defensive posture.

As for your nuclear interests. So long as your country does not behave in an intimidating or hostile manner toward the interests of US, the US will behave in like manner toward Iran.

If you have any other questions or concerns call (202) AT PEACE

Sincerely,
df1, POTUS

[edit on 19-3-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There really is no answer. If one is going to claim to be a Christian, then a question such as this:

Can one be a follower of Jesus Christ (PBUH), the great Messenger of God,

Feel obliged to respect human rights,
Present liberalism as a civilization model,
Announce one’s opposition to the proliferation of nuclear weapons and WMDs,
Make “War and Terror” his slogan,
And finally,
Work towards the establishment of a unified international community – a community which
Christ and the virtuous of the Earth will one day govern,
But at the same time,
Have countries attacked; The lives, reputations and possessions of people destroyed and on
the slight chance of the … of a … criminals in a village city, or convoy for example the entire
village, city or convey set ablaze.

cannot be justifiably answered. A true Christian cannot reply to such a question because those acts are against everything that Christ taught. There are many,many millions who masquerade as Christians who commit these atrocities, but they only deceive themselves.

For if a man cannot be slapped on a cheek and him turn the other so it be slapped as well, then he has no part with Christ.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It is not possible to place ourselves on the receiving end of that letter as none of us are responsible for the decisions that are questioned in it content. I will say this; anyone who makes an attempt to discuss openly the issues facing the world deserves their voice and ideas be heard regardless of the fact that I do not perceive Ahmadinejad to be the most forthright of people. At the very least, he deserves our ear when voicing his concerns.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I very interesting letter.Thanks for posting it.

I'm not surprised that it recieved nothing but silence from the White House,and Bush probably never even saw it!!

It asks questions that politicians cannot answer without revealing their true purpose in the Middle East.Plus,it questions the existance of the violent state of Israel.Never a good thing to do,it upsets the US government for some reason!

But i agree with df1.If i was in charge,i would never have let the situation fall into such chaos and Iran would have nothing to fear.

It seems everyone except those in charge knew that,once Saddam was removed,the country would end up in such a state.(and lets not forget Afghanistan!) If the invasion/conquest of Iran goes ahead,will they still be able to use the excuse of bin Laden and WMD?? I have seen pictures in the press of uranium mines in Iran,which brings up 3 important questions.How do we know its a uranium mine?? How do we even know its in Iran!? Can the "civilised" and "stable" country of America,the ones only ever to use nuclear weapons in anger,be allowed to dictate to other countries about the use of WMD??

Anyone with half a brain knows these countries do not have WMD.why? because we wouldn't allow their technology to reach such a point!
bin laden may be dead,we do not know.and if he is still used as an excuse then you have to ask;Saudi Arabia has the largest concentration of Al Quaeda members than any other country on the planet! why is war not being declared against them??

The sad truth is,the US,and Britain for much longer,have been involved in the politics of the Middle East,its nothing new.a site called timelines.com gives lots of information about our decades long meddling of these countries....And we wonder why the "extreme" muslims want to rule the West!!

....Sorry for going a lil off topic,hope you don't mind

top topics

join