It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I once read/heard cant remember where or who told me but i heard that monkeys were so clever that they wont talk because they know that they will be made to work if it is found out, Can anyone back this case up

Please dont taunt me over this its just something i heard

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sounds plausible. Koko the Gorilla was probably shunned for her using sign language. She's the sell-out of the primate world.

Anything for a kitten.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No, that's not true. They can't talk because they don't have the physical structures to enable them to talk... just like you can't hang by your tail because you don't have a tail.

There's good explainations, but they're long and involve linguistics and neurophysiology and physiology. Linguistic research (Choamsky and others) suggests that the base language of non-humans is fairly small and the number of ideas they convey to each other is small.

Recent genetic studies show that humans diverged from the hominid lineage with a genetic variation that allowed them to progress more quickly in the areas of hearing and (oddly enough) smell. Chimps simply can't hear the phonemes (which is another reason they don't have a sophisticated language.)

There's a bunch more to it than that, but you probably don't need several courses worth of animal psychology and anthropology and linguistics dumped on you.
dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Monkeys? No way. But I did read (I think in So long, and thanks for all the fish) that dolphins CAN do this, and know that if they started chatting with us, we'd make them work more then we do now.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I believe humans are to busy arguining with each other and starting wars riots etc to notice anything like this and dont take the time to actually test the animals

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sounds like you have been watching too many episodes of planet of the apes... if you want to look at some intelligent research on human/animal communication.. look at current dolfin research..

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
Sounds like you have been watching too many episodes of planet of the apes... if you want to look at some intelligent research on human/animal communication.. look at current dolfin research..

No i honestly dont watch them type of junk movies hardly watch any movies nowa days all TV sucks nothing is realistic no more, But i think these animals are clever and very funny i once went to the zoo and it was feeding time for the Monkeys or Chimps, Cant remember
And the person who was feeding them chucked some bread or what ever it was into them and 2 Monkeys/Chimps were fighting for it then i saw one of them pick a stick up and literally beat the # out of this other one

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   

No, that's not true. They can't talk because they don't have the physical structures to enable them to talk... just like you can't hang by your tail because you don't have a tail.

Gonna have to concur with Byrd here....

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
IMHO, if that is what it took to stay out of work monkeys are the smart ones here wouldn"t you say.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
to Hazard Toxic...

yes, myself too...

Look up Legends & Fables of INDIA

...somehow the cows learned about the monkeys tricking humans & you can see how it turned out...

top topics

join