It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Mars images show a 2 km black triangle. This looks very odd.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hey all I have been primarily a world image freak for the past 5 years or so since the Google Earths and the Nasa World wind programs have been out. Well I took a break from my Moon imagery gathering in Mr. Lears moon threads as Ive spent hours looking at minute details on both that at my earlier Google earth NK military images in past threads.
Well Im on the Mars Nasa globe just randomly picking an area zooming into max without blur and what do I find but one hell of a Black Triangle that measures roughly 2 km. It is such a plain triangle shape that it is startling and looks similar to hand made or ??? made and not condusive of the surroundings at all. Well folks take a look. Also you canfind these exact images as I by using the pic files names as their coordinates in World Wind Mars. Any info or insight appreciated.

Edit:To view the huge images of the thumbs below simply copy the Image shack link next to each pic below into your browser.

[URL=http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6241696w5054383nwn0.png]
[/U RL]
[URL=http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6241696w5054383n2td8.png]
[ /URL]

[edit on 14-3-2007 by VType]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Totally inclusive.

- Too low resolution, its not certain its a clear triangle shape. There can be lots of variations not displayed.

- Its all a matter of size. See the little black area beside it (closest on the right)? That's a triangle too.

But granted, its something I would like to have a high resolution shot off. Do keep in mind that you can see basicly anything in these shots. That shadow at the edge of the screen at the bottom? It could be the shadow of a Terran battlecruiser from Starcraft!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey VType.

can you post the source for these pics,ie,links to the origional,
i'd love to have a closer look.

Cheers

AoN

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
Hey VType.

can you post the source for these pics,ie,links to the origional,
i'd love to have a closer look.

Cheers

AoN

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

Ok info for the images is as follows. I took screenshots off of the Nasa World Wind Mars viewer and then posted those un touched images on my Imageshack. To view them in their large size you can copy the link next to the pic's and paste it in your explorer or just go to the Nasa Mars viewer yourselves and look for the coordinates which are also my images file names in my first post. They are for public viewing on my Imageshack btw and can be downloaded or expanded for further study.
I find it hard to mistake this very well made triangle form with blurry imagery and shadows or even missinterpitation. And after analizing them in Paint shop pro the triangle is even more pronounced and shows a deffinate staight edgedness to it and is not like Any other annomolies Ive seen in all my Moon and Mars imagery so far. Nope its definately a black Triangle and not and accident or trick of light or shadow IMO. I may have too have some of the moon imagery experts take a look at this as well.
img141.imageshack.us...
img141.imageshack.us...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yikes this post sank quick.
I dont know but the first photos definately show quite a clear and straight lined pyramid on the ground as is Not a shadow or trick of a shadow or even an obscurely grainy photo. Ive had Zorgon from the Lear Moon pic's take a look and he agree's there is one hell of a triangle without a doubt.
Also if you expand the pic just below and to the right of the black triangle there is another nearly samesized triangle structure which seemd to be camoflaged or buried and is stangely similar to the black triangle in the pic's. The full images or even a good paint program can show much more profound details. And the dissinterest of these photos has me miffed btw.
These images are from Nasa Mars World Wind viewer imagery and is desktop screenshots and for the cooridinateds of these annomolies or structures for varification can be found in the images names in the first post above next too the thumbs pic's or can be found in my image properties screen.
Cmon folks these pic's are quite revealing and Ive yet to find another shadow instance on Earth the Moon or Mars imagery that is a near perfect triangle like this.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
shouldn't we be talking about the huge black rectangle in the picture? that's quite obviously an unnatural artifact
... so who made it?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Actually the black rectangle is the Nasa measuring tool box. If you look close you can see measurements within. And it is not present in the black and white image of the same above. Also the Triangle measures about 2 km from tip to tip.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i went to the coordinates on WWM and the area the triangle is in is called "perepelkin". i googled-imaged this martian region and found these relatively clear images of it (though not high-res). they all include a triangular shadow, that looks similar. in the last 2 you can see the ground underneath.

ic.arc.nasa.gov...
ic.arc.nasa.gov...
ti.arc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 14-6-2007 by macchipazzi]

[edit on 14-6-2007 by macchipazzi]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
nothing to see here. Move along

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well even though this triagle pic is Not blurred beyond recognition and shows a great detail of stright lines and is a heck of an Nasa image annomolly. It hardly gets a sniff around here as anything viable by both UFO'ers and Mars enthusiests alike. Go figure.

top topics

join