It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help!!! RS is in need! I have a wart under my nose!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It is horrible! I can't take it! I have a wart that hella sticks out, it is betwean my nostrils, under my nose, it is ruining my life, makin me look bad, and is just horrible, plus it hurts, for example when I touch it.

So I went to the doc. First they used Nitrogen and added a lil amount to it. I went home. A lil piece broke off. A very small one. But it grew back! It is now even bigger! I came back to the doctor, he gave me bad news, I can use meds to make it go away within 6-9 months or go to the dermitologist, but the soonest they will see me is in 2 months! That is UNACCEPTABLE! Yes, I've had it for quit a while, but with the bad news of today, I am pist. Also, I ripped it off once a long time ago, like when I first got it, and of course it grew back then. I don't know what to do, I must get rid of it within a few weeks, it is horrendous, in fact when I walk down the street now, I wear a bandage. I just a few minutes ago tried to burn it off with a cigarette, to no success, except getting those disgusting gasses in my eyes and nose, and making my nose hurt, I just read that you arn't supposed to do that either, so I'm not messing with it, I'm in dire need of a solution, please my fellow ATSers, if you can help me, please save the pimp.

Thanks to all in advance!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
crap, I went to my grandmother for help, she ripped it off with a string, what's gonna happen now? Will it grow back? We applied a Russian antibiotic called Yodina, its supposed to be better then rubbing alchohol.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh no. You poor thing!! Your grandmother ripped it off with a string?? OWWW.

If you keep ripping it off, it'll leave a permenant scar.

I say wait it out even though I'm sure you don't want to. The more you mess with it, the more noticable it'll be for you and everyone else.

You should listen to your dermatologist. He's the expert, you know!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh man that sounds like a horrible place to get one.

Now I`m not suggesting you try this,but this is how I got rid of the only one I`ve had,about 15 years ago.

It was on the side of my middle finger at the last joint,it grew to about 4mm diameter and three high,I got sick of it being there.

So I got a Stanley box cutter knife and heated the blade red hot on the stove at home and the only way I can think of explaining what I did was to melt the little mongrel off,I pressed down on it with the hot knife about four times,until the burn was level to the skin.

Once the burn healed there was only a small scare and the wart has never returned,maybe all other warts are scared to show themselves to me now?

Under your nose would be a painful spot to try this,so cant you try something from a chemist?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The problem is I can't even see a Dermitologist for at least 2 months, its a shame I'm sure he would've had some good info, that's why I'm relying on my fellow helpful ATSers,,, thanks for the replies though, the knife thing sounds interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
thanks for the replies though, the knife thing sounds interesting.

I cant imagine doing it successfully by yourself,so in your case if someone was to help you with it would be the way to go.If your desperate that is.

Plus If you were to try burning it off,I wouldn`t use a knife or a piece of metal the size of the box cutter I used,use something with the immediate surface area as to the size of the wart,you would probably burn other parts of your nose otherwise,not to mention the heat from it will make the job even more awkward being on your face.

There are a few things you can buy from a chemist to treat them,have you looked for something to buy and try at home for yourself?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Be careful not to permanently damage yourself.

Even if your grandmother pulled it off go ahead and make that dermatologist appointment if its gone you can cancel it a few days beforehand. If its not and it has came back then you have your appointment ready.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If not for Shar`s post above I would have missed your post about your Granny.

I would not trust ripping it off,like you have already done.

Same as the Doc did for you,if you dont get it all I think it will grow back and maybe even bigger.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
if it does grow back, by the time it grows back I'll probably be able to see the dermitologist, lol, thanks for the replies guys, very helpful

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You can not simply "rip" a wart off.

The cause of a wart is actually beneath the surface of the skin and you're taking off what's on the surface.

You take it off, it comes back. Period.

The Nitrogen is generally the best way, however often times it takes more than one treatment to get rid of it completely. If that doesn't work there are alternatives such as having it removed surgically which generally involves cutting it out and cutting the surrounding tissue as well.

Only problem is, that's typically done for plantar warts on the foot... yours is in a bit more sensitive area.

In any event, don't do this yourself.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I went to my grandmother for help, she ripped it off with a string,

Waaaahahahahah!!! Gotta love those wacky babishkas. Old school all the way.

You know, duct tape works (no kidding) but unless you're talking about a wart on the hand, I don't think it's a good idea. Walking around with duct tape on your nose would probably be more conspicupus than the wart.

A salicylic acid treatment (like "Compound W") works pretty well. The sad thing is that warts are caused by a virus and might come back, no matter what you do.

So from now on - no toad sniffing. And I'd suggest not telling "string theory granny" if you get a rash on your winkie.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
LOL! Yeah, babushkas are so old school, lol,,,,yeah, I'll go to doc and talk to him, he subscribed a treatment for warts, but it will get rid of em in 6-9 months, but I guess I'll use it on " the crater" left from the wart.......lol, no I don't sniff toads, Doc told me its natural for young adults to get warts, damn, why on the nose? A pimp cannot walk around with a wart on his nose, that's against the pimp book, lol

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i am in the same situation getting it removed in 2 weeks arghhh cant wiat that long sik of it ppl are like whats that on ur nose looks like a rice crispie e.t.c i know u posted this a long time ago but did u get it removed??? please help
its doing my head in :@

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

Warts are horrible so here's a tip that will work. Try to place a cottonball with apple cider vinegar on the wart overnight for several nights. Make sure the ACV has "The Mother" in it, just read the label. It's going to hurt but it will work. Just keep doing that everynight and eventually the wart will turn black and fall off. It may take up to a week to two weeks but the wart won't ever return after that. I would avoid any more treatments until you try this because a lot of times the treatments that doctors give are ineffective and the warts come back. Also, try not to stress yourself out about it and try to visualize the wart turning black and falling off and most importantly your skin healing. That's the best advice I can give. Let us know if it works.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
LOL i nearly fell of my bed laughing reading your post.

Maybe thats why you have it because you have been "pimping" too much... :
:

On a more serious note, I can commiserate with you. I had one on my knee and the doctor froze it off. It never grew back. It sounds like yours is a nasty one and should probably book in to see a dermatologist if you haven't already.

If you have, how did it go?

peace out

[edit on 2-3-2009 by misswanderer31]

new topics

top topics

join