It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mpakafo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There are so many ancient legends of supernatural beasts, but one in particular has stood out for me. If you ever intend to visit Madagascar and you stumble into a village of the Betsileo people I hope for your sake you're not a pale white man. Otherwise the people will run and hide and chrildren will scream in fear. Why would they be so afraid?

Because there are 'creatures' that have haunted them for generations. These creatures are humanoid vampires that drink your blood, and rip out your heart and liver simply to enjoy the taste. They are extremely tall with pale skin. They have long extra long legs and long thin arms and fingers. And they are called Mpakafo(heart taker) or Mpakara(blood drinker). I wonder what it would take for such an isolated civilization to start a legend that sounds so similar to the popular conception of vampires? They also remind me of cattle and animals mutilations, were they remove the organs and their description also fits modern visual alien perceptions. I wonder what their history really is. If anyone happens to know about these creatures, that wound be awesome as I am having a difficult time finding stuff on them online.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yeah, they sounds a lot like vampires. As Strangefires said, it's hard to deny the truth about vampires if an isolated culture has stories so similar.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The Mpakafo as they are called seems to just be inteligent, if you found a place where its basicly all you can eat, no one around to put up a fight, and im 6'4 and pale, i dont think ill be visiting there soon haha, if they dont know all about "our" vamps, by our i mean what we think of them, nocternal, 2 big fangs, pale, jet black hair, you know..what alot of poeple think. well if they dotn know about "our" ones yet still come up with a very similer i think this may be proof that they do excist, do any of the poeple know where The Mpakafo rest ?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here's a National Geographic link that goes into some detail about various folklore of Madagascar tribes- Link

The mpakafo description also sounds like Taltos, I'll have to look into that. I originally heard of them from my Anthropology textbook. The anthropologist describes his first encounter with this particular isolated tribe taking place in 1962.

new topics

top topics

join