It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Amigos Interview - The UNCENSORED History Of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi UM....

Well.... from my perspective.... ALL THREE of the AMIGOS made significant contributions that have kept it alive.

Simon: With his passion for seeking the truth and wanting a vehicle to communicate with others with.

Skeptic: The passion for ATS initially and his uncanny business and marketing sense.

Springer: The passion for ATS initially too, but believing so much in it's concept that he blindly opened up his wallet to Skeptic and said "Just give me the figure and it's yours".

What didn't come out in the interview or was discussed, is that BOTH Skeptic and Springer were tremendously successful businessmen BEFORE the ATS thing ever came along. What I most respect about ALL OF THEM, is that they personify what Mulder's poster use to say on his wall of his office of X-Files..... "I WANT TO BELIEVE". I think that sums up the passion, the drive and the reason WHY ..... ATS has been as successful as it has been. As was said, the Google deal obviously was a GREAT THING to happen at the time...... but I feel that I know them all well enough to say.... that whatever sacrifice they had to make back then..... they would have done.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by and comment (and hopefully FLAGGED THE MUTHA AGAIN!)

Dave

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not bad.

I would have only posted those two words, but the automatic Gestapo said "with a short answer, you are not contributing to the post. "

Now I am?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
See..... my kind of member. Anytime I can get a "Not Bad".... I will take it and run with it.

Thanks for listening and for taking the time to make a post.

Dave

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Good interview. ATS is a labor of love for those guys. It was a good listen.

BTW, you are the only one I know that says f*ck as much as I do.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just kidding, Rabbit. It was GREAT, brilliant even. I loved it, every bit of it. I knew everyone would say that though. I wish I had heard you in 'Nam. I had heard of you prior to A.T.S. Glad you joined us.

Regards,

Glenn

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Thanks Avenger.....

Blaze..... you do realize that the F Bombs are part of the DR Persona don't you? If I let fly all of those all the time in my real life now at 58 ..... my wife would kill me
. Seriously though, in Nam I really did let them fly all the time as did every other GI I ever came across. It kinda became part of the package, if you know what I mean. Fans over the years just expect it. That said..... I DO enjoy slipping into the mentality I had back in Saigon from time to time.

Thanks for stopping in!

Dave

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Simon's just a baby! Half my age!

I was hesitant to listen because I wasn't sure what I would hear, but it turned out to be nothing to be afraid of!

Really Great guys! Thanks, DaveR.

"Dave Rabbit and the 3 Amigos... Nothing to be afraid of"!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hey BH....

Long time........ thanks for taking the time to come and give it a listen. It was a blast!

Dave

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hey dave just wanted to give you a
on the show... The three amigos show was very funny! Good stuff! Keep up the great work!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks Jagman.....

When I do an interview.... I really never know what to expect. Although Springer and I have done some, and I know what to expect from him (he is a GREAT straight man), since I had never talked to Skeptic and Simon before, it was a real crap shoot. I think all of them did a great job and definitely brought some light to how our site started and grew.

Thanks so much for taking your time to come in and make a post.

Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's even better the second time!

EDIT: Love the outro song

[edit on 27/3/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's kinda like watching a great movie..... you ALWAYS miss something the first time around.

Thanks for listening TWICE! (Too bad you can't "FLAG THE MUTHA" twice
)

Dave

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Dave, have you even visited the site? its T & C not "effin TOS or what ever the eff it is....."

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There's a sign up button but not sign out. Good for figures. BTW any time I've been pulled up for swearing in my posts seems to have been forgotten. Family site.......
Was any way. I just banned my kids. U just lost 3 members. This is like a tabloid. Or a showbag. Or a septic tank. They're all full of...

[Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please check your U2U's DuncanIdahoGholem - Jak]

[edit on 21/7/07 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Duncan, more adult language is allowed in podcasts so long as an Explicit tag is applied to the podcast.

On the Podcasts page for example, you can identify which podcasts contain adult material.

This was also made clearly evident in Dave's summary of the show:

WARNING – EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

Instead of spamming ATS with your childish remarks over and over again, perhaps a simple U2U to staff or message through the contact form should have been considered.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thanks Everyone....

AGAIN, as posted several times, THIS PODCAST with The Three Amigos is rated EXPLICIT.

LISTENER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

Dave

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What an awesome interview DR! Great work.

It was great to hear the candid nature of the exchanges on this podcast. I think that with the rules that govern the site, one tends to think that the Amigo's and any users are devoid of foul language. I found it unusually refreshing to hear multiple f-bombs from the Amigos in conjunction with the story of creation, ATS style.

Glad to hear that Google provided a nice safety net for Springer to come through and bail us out with his deep pockets

I was shocked to hear how early Simon started this. Hes 25!? Thats crazy.

Anyhow, great interview man. I really enjoyed it.

Mutha flagged !

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Gestapo huh, I got your Geheime Staatspolizei right here.

In all seriousness, there is nothing secret about the way the staff operates on this site, so "Gestapo" is a bit contradictory.

Oh ok, a word on the interview, outstanding, really it was great. I liked the end, not because you stop using the word Gestapo, but because of the themed sound track. Alright it was because you stopped useing the word Gestapo, ok. There I admitted it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thankyou for this Podcast, i was fascinated by the story. I had been a lurker for a long... long time before finally signing up, however, i never knew the ATS story.

I always thought it was SO as the head honcho followed by the others. But it was created by Simon as his baby at FIFTEEN
. Good on him.

I was also surprised at how late into the scene the three amigos were actually created, it was just Simon for a long time, SO for a little bit before Springer hi-jacked the group.

Good Work...

OH AND I FLAGGED THE MUTHA!

[edit on 27/2/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Very very Cool Commander Bunny! Errr.. Ooops… I mean Mr. Rabbit!
Great job Amigos….thanks for stickin’ with the dream for all us nuts!
Flagged the muther…..man
Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join