It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do? (talked with guy, post #34)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You're right. My mistake.

The police are all GOOD, kind saviors of us all and it was completely insensitive and paranoid of me to think, even for a moment that they could have anything other then the purest, most altruistic motives at heart.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by KayEm]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Glad to hear it, Kay

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What business is it yours to tell the police in this country, what someone else is doing.

You can be sure i will make it my business to call the police and the FBI if i have enough evidence of some form of wrong doing.

A couple months ago I recieved an email telling me that there was a person in Africa who had my last name and could be traced as a member of my family. This person supossedly died and the sender of the email was saying that they would only get a percentage of the dead's man will when I finally got the money.

In the letter they said if i wanted to claim this will i had to pay for a ticket to some country in Africa and meet with someone there....

After reading the first two paragraphs of this email I realized it was an illegal scheme, did i just trash the email and laugh at it? nope. I know there are old folk and other people out there that would fall for this kind of illegal scheme, so i sent a copy of the letter to the FBI They responded a few days later and told me it wasn't the first time this person tried this, they thanked me and told me the proper authorities were already behind this case.

I see something like that or if I overhear someone "really" abusing their kids or wives, or i see someone doing some kind of crime i will call the police.

i don't spend my time looking over my shoulder or looking into people's houses, but if I accidentally see, or hear something i know is illegal, I am not going to stand by and let innocent people get abused or let criminals get away with any wrong doings.

BTW before you start yelling that i am a snoop in 15 years I have lived in the States I have only had to call the police or notify the proper authorities 3 times. In one of those times it was because i heard someone calling for help from a house, the door was opened just a bit. I saw a man tied up and his house ransacked and I called the police. (PS: I did not touch anything with my hands nor did i free the person as i would be tainting the crime scene)

If i see someone having some sort of a problem i will try to help them, that's what being human is all about.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

BTW before you start yelling that i am a snoop in 15 years I have lived in the States I have only had to call the police or notify the proper authorities 3 times. In one of those times it was because i heard someone calling for help from a house, the door was opened just a bit. I saw a man tied up and his house ransacked and I called the police. (PS: I did not touch anything with my hands nor did i free the person as i would be tainting the crime scene)

You should have just left him there, no point in tipping the police off on ya. After all, it is the police who are the real criminals.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Are there some police officers that are jerks? sure there are some, just like you will find in any other job. Does this mean that all police officers are bad? hell no. I have family who are police officers and they are great people.

If a police officer abuses his/her power you can always contact the police department and notify them of what happened. Of course, if your claims are false you are in trouble, just like if you accuse a regular citizen of something they didn't do.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

What business is it yours to tell the police in this country, what someone else is doing.

You can be sure i will make it my business to call the police and the FBI if i have enough evidence of some form of wrong doing.

I see something like that or if I overhear someone "really" abusing their kids or wives, or i see someone doing some kind of crime i will call the police.

i don't spend my time looking over my shoulder or looking into people's houses, but if I accidentally see, or hear something i know is illegal, I am not going to stand by and let innocent people get abused or let criminals get away with any wrong doings.

If i see someone having some sort of a problem i will try to help them, that's what being human is all about.

Let's discuss exactly what defines "wrong-doing" then. What is it to you, Muaddib ?

Is wrong doing something that your conscious and soul tells you is blatantly wrong, or is it simply something that's against the law no matter how stupid it is or how much pain the law causes.

For example...would you call the police on this guy ?

Man arrested for feeding Homeless

I want you to know that I bring this up for debate reasons. I really want to know what you think, Muaddib, because I can tell by your postings that you truly do mean well and care about other people. I just mean for you to see the distinction between a true wrong doing and something the law considers a wrongdoing (as in the link I posted) but which is really a reprehensible evil thing which causes people pain. I know you care about people which is why I ask.

I don't think you're a snoop per se. You mean well, rather then snooping simply because you have no life like a lot of other people. But please do take care to make sure of what you DO report. A lot of innocent parents for example have had their kids taken away because someone calls and reports they were being abused when in reality the kid was merely spanked for running out into the middle of the street.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

For example...would you call the police on this guy ?

First I wouldn't call that link as reliable, if this was true it would be on other more reliable websites.

There are enough places on the net where they just make up stories to attract people.

Second, if i saw a kid just being spanked for doing somehting wrong i would not call the police, even thou I believe there is no need to spank a kid, it is only my opinion. But if the parent hits the kid with a close fist or other object "really hitting" the kid, or i hear a kid/wife yelling from being beaten you bet i will call the police.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join