It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do? (talked with guy, post #34)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Remember that its in the shepherds interest to have the sheep monitor each other.

There is no govenor anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by Flinx
These terror alerts are doing exactly what they intended...to keep us scared and parinoid.

Somehow it strikes me as funny talking about being paranoid on this web site....

Heh....true.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You did the right thing in reporting it-- luckily I live near a military base--they would jump on that info in a heart beat!

Remember:

S-tay
A-ware
F-acing
E-vil
T-erroristic
Y-ap

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by groingrinder
Yeah Starbucks is a symbol of capitalist oppression and overindulgence.

It's a f'in coffee shop!

I'm sick of starbucks slammers, its about the best quality coffee, muffins etc you get over here, and its priced very well compared to the other locals, i know people who work there and love the treatment they get.

You know, its possible for a business to be a sucess due to the good standards rather than screwing everyone out of cash, but then again, nobody likes a winner

It is a corporation for christs sake!! Nobody gets to the top of corporate America without screwing the little guy. You do not get to be the size of Starbucks by being nice, or playing fair, or giving your employees benefits and stock options and retirement plans. You do not get there by paying your workers an equitable wage.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
In social situations simple logic should prevail folks.

Don't get involved. But if you do and I would not blame you then ask questions.

Honest people tell you what is going on and shifty people well they won't...

then you know what to do.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
See, the problem was that I thought it was odd when I heard it. Then I get into the car, and turn on WYLL, and there was a guy talking about the orange alert, and that he was upset with it happening, because what can he do? What can any of us do to help prevent a terror attack from happening?

That started me thinking "Wow, I actually could do something." I couldn't believe someone would be that stupid as to talk about their terror activities in a Starbucks, but then terrorists think they'll win this war. That was why I posted my first message here on ATS. DM convinced me, with his comment to the effect of how will you live with yourself if something happens and you did nothing.

When I called the cops, I was immediatly transfered when I said that someone mentioned on a phonecall that something exploded. So obviously they had some kind of system set up, and all but the cop that came to see me (really didn't expect that!) took it very seriously. The cop who came to see me took about 25 minutes to show up, and wanted me to go to Starbucks with him and ME to ask a few questions and finger the guy if he was still there.

I didn't think much of it because, being in the computer industry, we refer to software bugs trashing the software as "blowing up", but he never said blow up, he always said exploded. That was another odd thing.

But I do agree, we have to fight the man all the time. Everything the government does is to make us, the people, miserable and slaves. Because the government hates all of us.
(that was sarcastic, btw)

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
nice to see the soviet-style system working in the good old USSA.

Spy on your neighbors, schools teach your children to say your activities, this country is going to hell, it really is.

did you think that maybe he was a trader? waiting for his stock pick to explode, and when it didn't he knew he'd have some pissed off investors?

What business is it yours to tell the police in this country, what someone else is doing.

I will not do it. I am not a spy for the corporate U.S. I am a free person, not a slave, and i will fight to the death, to keep as such.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I'm sick of starbucks slammers, its about the best quality coffee, muffins etc you get over here, and its priced very well compared to the other locals, i know people who work there and love the treatment they get.

You know, its possible for a business to be a sucess due to the good standards rather than screwing everyone out of cash, but then again, nobody likes a winner

Sounds like a South Park episode...

I'm glad you reported it....probably nothing, but better safe than sorry...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
nice to see the soviet-style system working in the good old USSA.

Spy on your neighbors, schools teach your children to say your activities, this country is going to hell, it really is.

did you think that maybe he was a trader? waiting for his stock pick to explode, and when it didn't he knew he'd have some pissed off investors?

What business is it yours to tell the police in this country, what someone else is doing.

I will not do it. I am not a spy for the corporate U.S. I am a free person, not a slave, and i will fight to the death, to keep as such.

I was excersizing my freedom of speach just as he was. And no, I don't know if he was a trader. I didn't know anything. THAT was why I made the phonecall.

And so you would not call the cops, or "spy" on your neighbors? If you saw some sick f*** raping a woman in an alley, you wouldn't call the cops, because what business is it of yours? It's sad that people have become so incredibly paranoid, but try to cover it up by calling others the same. I've never done anything like this before, with one exception of calling the cops on the guy living above a shop I worked in for beating his wife nightly, but will do it again.

We expect the cops and FBI to prevent these crimes, but we will do everything in our power to stop them. Hmm, good plan...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

I was excersizing my freedom of speach just as he was. And no, I don't know if he was a trader. I didn't know anything. THAT was why I made the phonecall.

you say free speech, but when did you call the cops for? he said something, uhhhhh......

And so you would not call the cops, or "spy" on your neighbors? If you saw some sick f*** raping a woman in an alley, you wouldn't call the cops, because what business is it of yours?
that is different, i can see what is happening, you ONLY had suspicions, you COULD NOT know what the conversation was. i could have been about a science experiement.
It's sad that people have become so incredibly paranoid, but try to cover it up by calling others the same. I've never done anything like this before, with one exception of calling the cops on the guy living above a shop I worked in for beating his wife nightly, but will do it again.

We expect the cops and FBI to prevent these crimes, but we will do everything in our power to stop them. Hmm, good plan...

i don't expect the FBI to protect me, or even the local cops, i will protect myself, as long as everyone did this, we would be in a hell of a safer world then now where only certiain people are "safer" then us.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

you say free speech, but when did you call the cops for? he said something, uhhhhh......

I was using free speech, he was using free speech. It was my choice to call the cops, because his use of free speech could have been leading to something much much more sinister. And you expect to protect yourself? How would you have protected yourself if you were in the trade towers on that fateful day? Yell at them?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I was using free speech, he was using free speech. It was my choice to call the cops, because his use of free speech could have been leading to something much much more sinister. And you expect to protect yourself? How would you have protected yourself if you were in the trade towers on that fateful day? Yell at them?

yep, you've been brainwashed, some free speech is beeter then other free speech. that what you wrote.

some free speech is freeer than other free speech.

Going to hell people, you are being brainwashed, here is proof.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yep, I've been brainwashed. I don't agree with BeingWatchedByThem, and don't think the government is out to get me. Maybe one day I'll free my mind and agree only with BeingWatchedByThem...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am from Europe and we are generally very upset about all kinds of spying and we consider the panic and patriotism in the USA as foolish but anyways I think you did right the way you did it.

I really doubt that the US leaders set the security level to orange just that they can do christmas shopping without much people around - there was a reason and this should cause all people to be aware that there are might be some individuals who want to do harm.

It could have been somebody testing out fireworks or similar, most probably it was but never leave out the simple solutions. It's not hard to say more you want when a friend calls you on mobile and talks about something private, at phone most people think they are just in a one to one session with the other side but especially using mobiles in public you let others know what you talk about. But most people don't consider that, probably he didn't as well, so as long as there is a realistic terroristic threat to the USA and such a suspicious convo, tell the police.
Better warn 10x and 9x for nothing as being afraid of pointing the finger to those.

It is not like he will be send to a Hotel California managed by the CIA

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Interesting follow-up to this story. I saw the guy I reported at Starbucks just now. He was actually fixing something back there. I said, "Hi" to him, and told him the story.

He gaffawed for almost 45 seconds. He told me he remembered the call, a coffee house had kept calling him about their steam....Don't remember the word he used, but the store was run by a russian family. They kept pestering him and pestering him about it, but he was on call at starbucks. When he yelled "Has it blown up yet?!" They said "yes", and then it became a coffeehouse emergency. He also told me the reason he remembers the incident was because he was joking with his friends about, due to the heightened alert, he was sure he was going to be picked up by the FBI. I got a laugh, and a story to tell y'all, and he got a laugh and a story to tell his friends. It all worked out, after all

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
lmao! lol man thats funny glad it was nothing

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
No, actually if it was bothering me THAT much, I would have asked the guy what he was talking about.

Yeah, and at that point, you become the hostage. I think NOT.

JJ~~you did the right thing. If more people did the right thing, we'd all be better off.
It can't always be, Hey, left the other guy do it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
FYI for those of you who didn't follow this when it first came up, it was a while ago, maybe about 2 months that this happened. The fact that the guy remembered, too, says a lot...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As George Carlin says "never EVER do anything to help the police"

You may now know that it wasn't anything to be worried about, but you reaped yourself a nice little bonus, Dude....The attention of the cops. Now they'll be thinking YOU'RE the one who's up to no good. Doesn't matter that you're innocent, they've got somebody new to pick on.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
As George Carlin says "never EVER do anything to help the police"

You may now know that it wasn't anything to be worried about, but you reaped yourself a nice little bonus, Dude....The attention of the cops. Now they'll be thinking YOU'RE the one who's up to no good. Doesn't matter that you're innocent, they've got somebody new to pick on.

Ahh, my friend, I have a lot more respect for the integrety of most police. I've grown up with them, and know many personally. Never, ever, ever has one of them even insinuated that they check out contacts who report crimes. And I've done so, on many occasions, from car jackings to attempts at burgulary to domestic abuse. I'm not going to let paranoia get in the way of preventing the victimization of an individual.

And for the record, I've never been harrassed by the police.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join