It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Army medic quits over troop care problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Top Army medic quits over troop care problems

www.reuters.com

The U.S. Army's top medical officer has quit, officials said on Monday, making him the third senior figure to lose his job over substandard care of troops wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A senior U.S. defense official said surgeon general Lt. Gen. Kevin Kiley had been asked to request retirement by acting Army Secretary Pete Geren. Kiley made the request on Sunday and was immediately replaced by his deputy, Maj. Gen. Gale Pollock, the Army said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wramc.amedd.army.mil
www.cnn.com
www.usatoday.com
quote.bloomberg.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Wounded Soldiers Endure Deplorable Conditions at Army Hospital
Problems at Walter Reed to be Investigated

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The deplorable conditions of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington need to stop now, We have a duty to help those that have fought hard for our freedom. How can we possibly treat our heros this way?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thats nice.... a top medic, someone who should feel obligated to help his fellow troops anyway he can. If not for the country, at least give those who are fighting a chance of having some decent care.

I dont blame him, I just think he is only adding gasoline to the fire by leaving.

He should at least stay for the sake of the wounded troops.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think that it is the job of the Surgon General of the United States to be responsible for the actions of his subordinates. I think that any legal fallout needs to be directed squarely to this guy.

It is horrible to think what our brave soldiers have to go through if they are wounded in battle. A purple heart wont help you get over your injuries.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I think that it is the job of the Surgon General of the United States to be responsible for the actions of his subordinates. I think that any legal fallout needs to be directed squarely to this guy.

It is horrible to think what our brave soldiers have to go through if they are wounded in battle. A purple heart wont help you get over your injuries.

Why are you putting the blame on this guy - it's obvious to me he's just one of the fall guys. It's all a reflection on the current state of the US Military.

Another morale booster for the soldiers aye?

The only way the Military will be able to provide the warm bodies for the future is through the coming financial collapse (poverty draft) and the illegals (green card soldiers). Who in their right mind would join today?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Why are you putting the blame on this guy - it's obvious to me he's just one of the fall guys. It's all a reflection on the current state of the US Military.

The reason I am so hard on the SG is because he is ultamately responsible for those under his command. In a chain of command it is those that are in charge that are responsible for the actions of those they command. It is as simple as that. This also would send a clear message to those that are in command to be on there best behavior. No soldier should have to deal with such horrible conditions they are heros they follow orders and die for our country. We need to be moraly outraged by the conditions our heros have to endure.

top topics

join