It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians: Iran nuke plant to be delayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

MOSCOW - The state-run Russian company building
Iran's first nuclear power plant said Monday that the reactor's launch will be postponed because of Iranian payment delays.

Russian media reports, meanwhile, indicated that the Kremlin was growing tired of Iran's nuclear defiance in the face of
U.N. Security Council sanctions, with three agencies citing an unidentified official warning Iran to cooperate and stop playing "anti-American games.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It strikes me as VERY strange that Iran, flush with oil money, is defaulting on payments to Russia

I wonder if it is an excuse to delay the distroying of Iran's nuclear plant and bomb -er- civillian uranium production-
(sorry, I can never say that without laughing)

Could it be that Russia KNOWS the plant and associated areas WILL be distroyed and so they don't want the fuel there-as bombing a fueled reactor-I BELIEVE- would be like exploding a dirty bomb.

LINK

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Could it be that Russia KNOWS the plant and associated areas WILL be distroyed and so they don't want the fuel there-as bombing a fueled reactor-I BELIEVE- would be like exploding a dirty bomb.

Unfortuneately, yes. In order to destroy the reactor they would have to punch through any containment buildings they would have around the core. so unless they were to collapse the reactor in on itself in such a way as to seal in the radiation there would be radiation blown everywhere. And I dont see how the could collapse the reactor in such a way unless they used ground penetrating tactical nukes and avoided hitting the core as they did it.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

By Guy Faulconbridge

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Iran's isolation over its nuclear ambitions deepened on Monday as Russia, its closest big power ally, announced indefinite delays to a joint nuclear power project and accused Tehran of abusing its goodwill.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

I get one of 2 possible things from that.

It could be just as it states or it could be more attempts at isolating Iran politically and more to the point, to the American public.
The reason is the American public would probably be MUCH less inclined to want to declare war on Iran, if both Russia and China were directly, militarily -as in Russians in Russian jets for example- involved.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It looks like the russians dont want to go to the mat with their iranian cronies on this one.is it really a great surprise?

new topics

top topics

join