It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds, bees, frogs, and fish. All dying. Anyone else worried?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
>There really isn't much else I can do.

I agree

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I agree these events are worrisome. Is the end of the world or the age near that I don't know. What I do know is even if the end is nearing I will still plant my trees and flowers. I will still take care of my backyard and I will still enjoy the sun and the rain. I will still recycle and conserve as much as I can. I will still love God and my family. There really isn't much else I can do.

Really, there isn't much we individually can do.Anything that could have been done, should have been done 30-40 years ago. I think that the fact that there is a current change in consciousness, if you will, is accelerating everything.

About all you can do is sit back and watch it all play out. It will be, what it will be. For better or for worse, it's going to happen however it's going to happen.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I think that the fact that there is a current change in consciousness, if you will, is accelerating everything.

Yes but, do you believe in the collective consciousness of mankind?

Are we bringing this upon ourselves in more ways then one?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Well, as I view everything in the universe as essentially being "alive," I think this even goes beyond man. Yeah, man has in a sense brought all of these changes on himself, but, the other "realms" if you will, are reacting to the pulses that our consciousness is sending.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There is more than just the conciousness of mankind, whether some people want to admit it or not the universe, or multiverses are full of life, different lifeforms. Some might look like us while others are probably not anything like us. Only the arrogance of some among mankind makes them believe we are the only ones that exist in the universe/multiverses, or that everything revolves just around our "higher lifeforms".

As for your question whether we are bringing what is happening to us, imo we are not, everything that is happening has been decided to be this way a long time ago, and our true selves, the immortal part that exists in each one of us agreed to be part of what is happening now.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

As for your question whether we are bringing what is happening to us, imo we are not, everything that is happening has been decided to be this way a long time ago, and our true selves, the immortal part that exists in each one of us agreed to be part of what is happening now.

That is probably true to some degree. Although, I think it's happening a bit faster than what we bargained for.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

That is probably true to some degree. Although, I think it's happening a bit faster than what we bargained for.

How is that so when in the past it has happened faster?

The current Climate Change/Global Warming event started in the 1600s, temperatures have been rising since then. The geological record has left evidence of abrupt and dramatic Climate Changes occurring within a decade in the Earth's past and those Climatic Changes were more abrupt and brought change faster than what we are seeing today.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, Muadibb, I don't view what is happening as bad. I don't think the earth has ever experienced the changes it's experiencing now because consciousness didn't influence the global changes in the past.

Most of the changes that occurred in the past were just "mechanistic," if there is a such of thing, occurrence.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
www.binaryresearchinstitute.org...

if you ever get a chance to watch "the great year" its worth taking a look at. the whole video was on google but i think they took it down. i think maybe all of the things happening may have something to do with this.

"A wonderfully done, broadcast-quality DVD presenting both historical and scientific evidence for an even grander cycle than the planets rotating around the Sun."

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well, Muadibb, I don't view what is happening as bad. I don't think the earth has ever experienced the changes it's experiencing now because consciousness didn't influence the global changes in the past.

Most of the changes that occurred in the past were just "mechanistic," if there is a such of thing, occurrence.

And exactly how do you know that?

There are cultures in the Earth which say mankind has been around a lot longer than the "western version of history" states, as an example the Vedic scriptures of India state that mankind has been around for at least a million years. They also state that mankind during that time in the past were involved in nuclear wars which destroyed parts of the middle east and India.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

And exactly how do you know that?

There are cultures in the Earth which say mankind has been around a lot longer than the "western version of history", as an example the Vedic scriptures of India state that mankind has been around for at least a million years. They also state that mankind during that time in the past were involved in nuclear wars which destroyed parts of the middle east and India.

Well, I do think that ancient cultures were much more advanced than what we give them credit for. And humanity probably has been here for quite a while. According to the book Forbidden Archeology there have been remnants of civilization found dating back 800,000 years. now, if this is true, then it sheds light on a bunch of issues.

However,I think we are getting way off topic. So, I will desist.

I will address what I mean though. I don't think that man has ever experienced an awakening such as what humanity is currently experiencing.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here in SE Texas, at our place, we have had 20 inches of rain this year. Last year was pretty dry. We have lots of frogs now due to water filling up all the ponds.

Have not seen as many bees this april as compared to last.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I will address what I mean though. I don't think that man has ever experienced an awakening such as what humanity is currently experiencing.

How exactly do you know that?

One might say that during the past when mankind existed as tribes such awakening was more common since mankind was more attuned with nature no? At least that's what some people believe.

The only thing that separates mankind today and mankind from 1,000-2,000 years ago is technology, and even then there are scriptures of ancient cultures which shows mankind knew quite a few things in the past which have been attributed by the "western world" to only having been discovered in present times.

As an example the Vedic scriptures describe in detail the atom, in the Mahabharata there are descriptions of flying machines, machine guns that were used in the past and other marvels of technology which in the western world is believed to only have been invented in the recent past.

So exactly what makes the current time any more important or more enlightening than the past?

Is it because Climate Changes? They have been happening on Earth for most of the 4.2-4.5 billion years it has existed.

So what then makes the current time any better or more enlightening than the past?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi SpeakerofTruth

Stormdancer, most people say that wormwood was probably the Chernobyl explosion in the 1980s. It seems that some events in the bible have been written out of sequence. I don't know if it was done that way to purposefully confuse or not, but it certainly seems that has happened.

There is an example of the waters on a smaller scale being (wormwood)bitter in the old testiment. I think it was Moses who was commanded to place a tree or plant into the water, which soaked up the minerals in the water and stopped in from being bitter, or undrinkable and it was drinkable again.

Everything in revalations is yet to come, it has not happened yet, so Chernobyl would not have been what that scripture was refering to.

The picture of the fishes are real. I wanted to post it for a while, but I don't see an upload button, maybe I am just missing it.

The sad part about the pole shift is that it's been known since 1920's or so, when prof Charles Hapgood came up with the theory.

I am not surprised that the governments of the world do not want this getting spread around. I really do agree that it might cause more choas than it's worth. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

I wrote a paper on this theory in college, the reaserch was fun to do, and I think this theory will explain a lot of the things to come. I think the enviornmental things that are described in the bible, could well come about due to a pole shift. I also think that a lot of what we are seeing is because of an upcoming pole shift.

I think the global warming is happening, but then so is global cooling. Where I live April was like December and December and January were like spring.

It's May now and things are just warming up, I am monitoring it, but what really assounds me is that more is not being reported about all the little nature die off's, creatures disappering. Then when it is, there is always these lame reason, like oh a bug, a virus, something that these birds ate, etc.

Also with the 28,000 pelicans that disappered in 2004, was there ever any news on them? That many big birds just can not dissapear can they? Unless they all did a nose dive into the ocean, and then would we not see the bodies?

I have read on some of the links where small birds did nose dives into the pavement, like they thought they were going into the water. Which again means that a lot is dependent on more than sight, it's their sense of direction, which is being thrown off.

At this stage, I would like to see more mainstream info about this, but at the same time, if it only causes panic and confusion, and maybe choas, what's the point.

I mean can you imagine if the governments of the world tomorrow said, we have been wrong about global warming, it's happening, but the cause is not man made, it's a natural earth cycle that is happening and we can do nothing about it. Expect species extintion, diseases resistant to medication coming back, and massive earth changes such as tsunami's, earth quakes, tornado's huracains, draughts, etc. Oh but keep recycling those can's.

Some people would remain calm and go about their lives, others would just freak out and the government is all about maintaining control. This theory takes control out of thier hands, it renders them powerless to control society or protect it, and many would act out accordingly. So it's not a theory that is likely to get a lot of main stream play, even if it needs to.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
Everything in revalations is yet to come, it has not happened yet,

Well, I can't say that I completely agree there. Of course, I don't necessarily think that the "end times" are going to be what most people have concocted in their minds it to be.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
definitely a worrisome topic, but what can one do if this process is already in affect?

we're taking the right steps towards cleaner energy and transportation, the only problem is that it will take decades for this conversion to fully transpire. hopefully the earth doesn't get too pissed at us in that amount of time.

i wouldn't be surprised if there was some minor ELE in the near future, but i don't think it will be the end of life on the planet(especially humanity, we're stubborn lil bastards)

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101Everything in revalations is yet to come, it has not happened yet

you're basing this assumption off of a 2000 year old fictional story meant to help people in their day-to-day lives by telling stories with relevant morals?

some old nutjob with a vendetta against the romans writing stories about their downfall in a cave while in exile has no bearing on the events of the present

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

>The bible describes a big change in the world, not the end of it.

in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up

Maybe this took place on Mars ?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
HI Sacreligion.

you're basing this assumption off of a 2000 year old fictional story meant to help people in their day-to-day lives by telling stories with relevant morals?

some old nutjob with a vendetta against the romans writing stories about their downfall in a cave while in exile has no bearing on the events of the present

I am guessing we are going to have to wait and see. However they once said Troy was a myth and someone believe it enough to use the mythical writings to find the city.

I am going to focus on the the things that are happening now with the birds, bees, enviornment, and if they happen to fall in line with what some old nutjob said in a cave then so be.

For the record, I think they have every bearing on the present time, or some enough will. However we are each entitled to our own opinions. No one can get someone else to believe something before it's their time to believe it, see it, or accept it. I have leant that, and I am happy to leave each to their own.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
www.netalive.org...

Layers of rock with relative distances from the crack were oriented different ways to become magnets. While the lava cools, the rock orients itself towards the magnetic north. Well, turns out the magnetism of the poles CHANGE over the course of around 2000 years. In other words, magnetic north is sometimes north and other times south depending on the period of the earth's history.

Nobody knows why the magnetic north switches sides every 2000 years or so, but this was used like the rings in a tree to determine the age of rocks away and near the crack which supported Hess's theory that we use today. We've been so used to magnetic north for so long, it hasn't crossed our minds to think it hasn't always been that way. In fact, we are long overdue for a magnetic reversal. It has been 6000 years since the last one.

Scientists suggest that the magnetic reversal is happening now! Over the last decade, the magnetism has reduced by 10%, and at this rate, magnetism will be nonexistant within 90 years or so. Who cares right? Well there has been a very noticeable trend of extinctions and evolutions associated with these magnetic reversals. Half-way when the magnetism is 0 on its way to reversal, there won't be anything to block the sun's rays, and the UV rate will be incredibly high. This is why, they think, that the ozone layer is being depleted slowly.

So yeah might be "interesting" times ahead although I wouldnt start going out committing mass-suicides and/or joining the doomsday cults...

The news comes at an opportune moment. The Earth's magnetic field is showing worrying signs that it is about to reverse again. Not only has the magnetic north pole wandered by 1100 kilometres in the past 200 years, but its strength is dropping at a rate of 5 per cent a century.

"This is the fastest decrease since the last reversal 730,000 years ago," Lesch says.

Hmm one dude says its once every 2000 years we and we are overdue by 4000years from it and another says 730,000 years ago? wow I guess its a conspiracy afterall? =D

[edit on 21-5-2007 by Gonjo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join