It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck-load of Marijuana Abandoned on California Highway

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If everyone here grew their own like a true patriot should, then they wouldn't need to worry about finding a stash on the side of the road.

To stay on topic...I am sure this will be yet another reason as to why I need to re-new my medical license this year.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Funny, I used to live in Ontario. There is alot of gangs there now, not the same place it was 20 years ago.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
Funny, I used to live in Ontario. There is alot of gangs there now, not the same place it was 20 years ago.

Ontario Ca?

Last I remember there were always alot of gangs there.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
IMO, the truck was found abandoned on the side of the road because this is how they move the shipments incrementally along the highways. anon drives the truck a few hundred miles, parks it on the side of the road, keys in, goes on his way...next anon comes along starts her up and on his way...only the last person knows where it is gong and only the first person kows where it originated.

Also coul be a honey pot...you bust this one while we get by with these 10 or 20 or whatever...

my opinion...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
For clarification,there is a city in california called Ontario. So,no this wasnt in ontario canada.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i see only two possibilities.

1. the driver somehow got a tip its not all that entirely unthinkable cause i mean he coulda had a scanner and picked up a report for a possible rental van full of sweet sweet chronic. and if no scanner a cellphone call something maybe his drop off was made and he got a call to just abort.

2. the driver started to get a little nervous maybe started to question why he/she went to school and now there driving millions of dollars worth of pot across the state or maybe there wife or kids or next summers widespread panic tour was flashing before there eyes..... he bails the truck calls his guy and says you come get it but woops the cops get there first.

in any other situation i can come up with its just too much herb to leave sitting there.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
... anon drives the truck a few hundred miles, parks it on the side of the road, keys in, goes on his way...next anon comes along starts her up and on his way...only the last person knows where it is gong and only the first person kows where it originated.

I'll buy into that explanation.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What can I do to destroy some of that myself. I'm in california already

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Kleverone, drive down past El Centro but not as far a Mexicali...and wait!
something is bound to come along

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang

Originally posted by kleverone

Kleverone, drive down past El Centro but not as far a Mexicali...and wait!
something is bound to come along

I have had one interesting week already, I might as well head down there

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

* In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. Plans were in the works to implement such programs; Department of Agriculture

* Quality paints and varnishes were made from hemp seed oil until 1937. 58,000 tons of hemp seeds were used in America for paint products in 1935; Sherman Williams Paint Co. testimony before Congress against the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act.

* Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.

* Hemp called 'Billion Dollar Crop.' It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.

Why then did it never get there... legally?

Because of William Randolph Hearst, the media tycoon, who also owned the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark and vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products and stood to lose billions because of hemp.

I can only say..... I did not know this.

Older now so don't touch the stuff, but from past experience and general perception, Hemp should never have become what it is today. One of the more milder drugs out there, and still gets the same ol' conditional bad rap.

With the 'semi-legalization' of hemp in certain areas, wouldn't it make since to try and approach the powers that be regarding the current benefits marijuana could offer society? There has to be enough evidence out there.

and khunmoon, excellent addition to you're already insightful thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Grailkeeper,
All the things you can make from hemp oil, you can make from mineral oils. To replace that you are up against the mightiest forces on this planet. That's why they invaded Iraq!

If you have read the link the snippet is from, you'll know Dupont (synthetics) and Hearst (wood-pulp) was behind the banning of marijuana, which effectively banned the cash-crop hemp. With very few people knowing they in fact were the same plant.

Only one thing can change this, education. Which we only can hope will lead to politicians who serves people and Gaia ...and not big corporations.

So yes, it is important to forward this information, to spread it to everybody we know.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
[In the UK it costs £20 for 3.5g. Then costs £100-120 for an ounce(28g).
I havn't smoked skunk for a few years though, as i'm in the army.

HOLY CRAP!

thats twice what it is here and for half as much! ($20 for 5g).

I guess the illegal immigration isnt all bad.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Actually, that's about the going rate for semi-high quality marijuana in the states SKUNK.

Xp, I'm willing to bet that the $20 for 2.5g is pretty seedy and dark green/brown.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Deleted.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by NJStomp]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJStomp
Yeah, here in NYC I only get the best. ....

To avoid a warn or getting b&, tr not to discuss personal use. Since we're dealing with cost of an illegal substance in the OP, general pricing may apply, but specifics to your personal experience can end up bad for you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by NJStomp
Yeah, here in NYC I only get the best. ....

To avoid a warn or getting b&, tr not to discuss personal use. Since we're dealing with cost of an illegal substance in the OP, general pricing may apply, but specifics to your personal experience can end up bad for you.

Peace

Sorry bout that, you are absolutely correct.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Anyone who lives in California, and purchases commercial, knows that this has already affected them, nevermind the prosecutions that have been going on for a while now.

I wonder how long before this affects the rest of the country?

[edit on 24-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
remember too that their street price is probably 25 for a little crappy baggie and thats how they make claims like "we removed 150,000 street deals estimated at 20mil" (figures purely as example and not taken from original article)

they love to hype up the drug busts so ppl actually think theyre doing good.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Keep in mind that the authorities ALWAYS overestimate how much the haul was worth to make themselves look better.

They busted an illegal growing operation in SF a couple of years back. I saw what they were taking out of the house on the news. They said it was 9000 plants worth over $5 M. The plants weren't even developed yet, probably worth less than $250,000 all together.

If they say it was worth $20 Million, it was probably more along the lines of $500,000.

Depending on quality, street value is around $4000 a pound. Which means the truck probably had around 125 pounds in it, give or take.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join