It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Triangle UFO caught on Google Earth *image*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You can tell its an indentation in the ground. The pattern of the ground continues on the supposed UFO.

Although it strangely resembles a shadow but of course you'd be able to see whatever was casting the shadow wouldn't you?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The only way for someone to tell if the item exists on the ground or not is to have someone who lives around that area drive over there and look.

It seems to be in a remote area in Australia - near Badgingarra National Park. I would suggest asking some of the Australian users if any of them live around that area - and if they wouldn't mind taking a peak.

This would solve the mystery very quickly.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's a game field. Someone on YouTube said they looked it up. And it's on the ground. Those lights are flames and you can see the shadow of a torch or pole coming from under it. It also has the same texture as the ground.

Scratch that gaming field thing, it was on another site, I believe. Someone said it somewhere, but I'm not sure where. They said it was a field for some sport that began with B, I think...

[edit on 11-3-2007 by EBE 17]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Looks like the Belgium UFO to me. We have members here that live there since you have the coordinates maybe they can find the location with GPS.

?????????

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Even if it was a semi-transparent object flying it would have a shadow, and there isn't any shadow from that object visible.

The fact that there are more areas with that colour around that place also makes me think that this is just a darker ground area.

And this is not on the middle of a desert, this is some 100 miles North of Perth.

PS: just one more thing, Google Earth has an option to show the information of the photos. This photo was taken in 2004, you can see the information here.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
According to the Google Earth Hacks site it's part of the Emu Downs Wind Farm..

7 "marks" on GE, 7 wind generators in the photo, in the same configuration..

case closed?

I suspect that the "fire" effect is some form of light reflection from the blades?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Anyone who's spent a bit of time Google Earthing outback Australia can tell you that's some kind of land-use pattern. Definitely no ufo there imo. If you want interesting stuff in the area check out the Eschalon base near Geraldton or the enormous antennae array at NW Cape, both operated by the US Govt & NSA iirc.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Land use in the form of a wind farm perhaps?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Actually, it can be seen on the digitalglobe 2/8/07 8 meter photos. Really does look like a pattern on the ground. The arrangement of the light spots is quite interesting.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Pardon my potential ignorance due to lack of use, but isn't everything on Google Earth a 3D rendering anyway? As far as I'm concerned that inherently makes all images suspect.

/tn.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut
Pardon my potential ignorance due to lack of use, but isn't everything on Google Earth a 3D rendering anyway?

No, the buildings are a 3D rendering, the photos are commercially available satellite photos.

[edit on 11/3/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Even if this triangle is on the ground it doesn't mean that it isn't one of the flying triangles that have been reported from time to time. Things that fly do land on the ground at times, like airplanes.

The thing that does indicate that this is simply a darkened feature of the terrain is, as some have pointed out, the continuation, in the triangle, of the pattern in the surrounding terrain. I thought that pattern might have been a simple artifact of the satellite imaging process. If that patten is the actual appearance of the landscape, then either the triangle is a simple darkened feature of the terrain, or it is a semitransparent form that is suspended over the terrain. As I mentioned earlier, it would have helped considerabley if the satellite were capable of video recording so we could have seen if the triangle was travelling over the area.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't think it's a ufo but I can always be wrong. Looks like a shadow of a tower or antenna in the middle of it. I see roads or paths leading in and out of the place. I also found another triangle shape at Badingarra National Park just off Brand Highway. Cool pic though, I've added a place mark to my google earth, thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
After sussing the Google Earth picture out quite a bit, my oppinion is it definately isn't a UFO...OR IFO for that matter. I'm quite sure it's on the ground. The orange spots are carefully lit fires. The inconsistancy in their size, unique movement caused by wind etc, gives the fire away. The terrain within the triangle is very similar to the terrain surrounding... just darkened. Perhaps sprayed/painted with some type of chemical.

Definately no flying object here... whether it's a hoax or just something weird those Aussie's do is the only 'conspiracy' here.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Navieko]

I concur,

I thought instantly at first that the "lights" looked to me like fires. It's been known that farmers will burn their fields to "renew" them for upcoming planting seasons.

I'm still stumped on why they would zone off and mark a triangular shape for burning, however.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
looks like another scam ufo photoshop job to me . but just m2c .

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Did nobody read my post?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I grew up on farm land. Every time winter would come around the farmers would burn the lands so that next season it would grow more produce. Kinda like when a forest fire happends after awhile it would be even greener then before.

My guess is that is what that looks like. Looks like the triangle shape is the shape of the field. Very cool find. nice post.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This type of thing is interesting..... as it does appear to be a propaganda stunt...
The interesting part being to execute this effectively you would either have to know when the satelite was going to be imaging this part of the world (and have considerable manpower and resources to sqander on an otherwisw pointless exercise) or have access to the files ETC.. so they could be doctored ETC... but either way it seems to be more trouble then the average prankster would be willing or able to achieve.....
My guess would be either a prank by someone with access to the satelite data on which google earth is based or a NWO propaganda stunt....
And if this is the case then who ever is behind this one really lacks imagination...
But then again it would probably be in there interest to regularly stage lame hoxes.... like those two hicks with sticks and string that were "behind" all the fantastic aray of mathematically precise and scientifically inexplicable crop cirles which pop up vertually every day around the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This not very likely to be a hoax since hoaxes are done in ways that will be sure to be seen by many people and Google earth is not the place for that to happen. The chances are extremely high that no one will see anything that you set up in a remote area to be recorded by a satellite.

Also, the elaborate and precise crop circles that are found mostly in England are completely different from the crude and simple flattened patches of grass that those two "hicks" claimed that they made. Even with the best equipment available, and all the time anyone may want nobody can make those precision crop circles.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
You can tell its an indentation in the ground. The pattern of the ground continues on the supposed UFO.

Although it strangely resembles a shadow but of course you'd be able to see whatever was casting the shadow wouldn't you?

I agree, you can see ground features "thru" the pattern...

The only question is... can UFO's be translucent?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join