It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, so you want to ban gats!??!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ok so people want to ban guns, and how will the world be? Well nobody will have guns........except cops, soldiers...and BAD guys! Ha, I can't believe there are even people intent on that, disarming will only affect the good guys, the bad guys will still have them! And that will make a weak population, unable to defend itself. If a gunman enters your house, you will have to wait like 10 minutes for a cop to show up and by then you will be dead...I seriously can't even believe some people want that,,,me personally would like to see this kind of scenario:

A robber comes to rob a bank, everybody in the bank pulls out their .45s and blast his punk ass

that's what I'm talking about, isn't the whole motto "power to the people"?
How will a person have power, at least to defend himself without a gun? With a knife? Well he better be good at throwing it cuz the bad guy will have a gun. I would like to see some good arguements to this from those who think otherwise.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well I've already got a solution...

Just get a typical watergun, load it up with flammable chemicals, put a torch at the end of it and light it. Pull the trigger and voila! You got a homemade flame thrower. Of course it's only good for close range, but its affective...

gprime.net...

/7A

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
lol, I saw youtube videos of those things being used.....if guns did get banned, I will NOT surrender the guns that I am gonna get soon, for nothin, but I don't think they would get banned because its totally not logical.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You need gun control, but people should still be able to own firearms...

You ban all guns, then only criminals who most likely would have gotten the weapons illegally anyway would have guns.

This is a problem in England where they have strict gun laws.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well I was talking about what would happen if all guns were banned, not gun control,, and gun control would be effective if criminals could get their hands on them less, and innocent civillians more.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
as of the 70's ( the last time i checked ) the last bank robbery in wichita fall ,TX. when off with out a hitch until the robbers back out of the bank into the street where they were shot and killed by citizens on the street. no police action was brought against the people it was not even considered. as to waiting 10 min for the police where i live try waiting up top 2 hours. wasco county is as big as some eastern states and only has a total of 12 deputies to serve all of it. the thing people don't understand about cops is that they not only can't protect you they have no legal mandate to do so. think about it for a minute and you'll see why. how many cops would it take to protect you and everyone else where you live. every other person would have to be a cop! outright banning of guns is stupid and against the best interest of a free people. all you have to do is ask your self a simple question " do criminals obey the laws " pretty hard to figure out, at least it seems to be for the gun ban crowd. here is the last little question plus a statement, if you were going to do something that you knew would really be against the best interest of the people and would really make them angry, would you want them to be armed. now for the closing statement: gun control is about control not guns.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
yeah exactly

and cops in my experience not only don't protect, but harrass, for me they've only been another thing to worry about, not a thing to stop my worries

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
cops good or bad have never been the problem at best the cops are the arm of the government and just about every where they act as the powers that be wish them to, for the most part. the problem is the idea that we as a people should defer our right to self defence to a third party and sort of sit there being beaten and robbed till the official bearers of arms and force arrive to cover our body with a tarp and then go about finding the killer and most cops really do want to find them either for the protection of the potential next victim or for the glory of catching the perp, but you still dead and the official justice has been served, aren't you happy.

top topics

join