It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about what I call a mind Reboot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Was reading a post about OBEs and got to thinking about one of my own strange experiences.... Mainly I follow the UFO stuff....

Having experienced sleep paralysis a few times during a stressful period of work, I was working 3rd shift for a few months and every once and awhile I would experience sleep paralysis that would end up with my conscious self falling to the floor out of bed as my physical self remaining on the bed. First time or two I fought it, then realized I just had to go along for the ride.

This leads into my posting....

Has anyone had the experience, it only happens when you are alone, of something like a reset of time or consciousness? This is kind of hard to explain but say you are walking down the stairs and suddenly you feel like you just came back to consciousness after having been "away" for what seems like a long indeterminable length of time. I have this happen about once a week and when it does it only takes a fraction of a second but I feel surprisingly refreshed and energetic when I come to. That and I am momentarily disoriented and need to remember where I was and what I was doing. Happens in mid step.... If anyone knows what this is called or has had it occur to them please let me know so I can do further research (or seek medical help)....Not sure if this is related but the feeling is similar to coming back from a what I call a self-induced hypnotic state. Slow breathing, and looking up into your skull to the right...

Thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about its a like a quick boost of adrenaline it feels that starts from your head. i never thought about this much until you mention it.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvd500
I know exactly what you are talking about its a like a quick boost of adrenaline it feels that starts from your head. i never thought about this much until you mention it.

Not quite like adrenaline, that effects the whole body, but more like an immediate wake up.....

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It sounds fascinating. I wonder if it's possibly a hormone boost of some sort?

How long ago did this start? And how often in between the reboots?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They started following the periods of sleep paralysis back in 1998. I have not had anymore of the sleep paralysis though they only lasted for a few months. The "reboots" occur about once a week usually I am alone and walking somewhere indoors where I work. I see them as a benefit but wanted to find out if I was alone with this phenomena. I'm guessing that somehow my brain was altered by the sleep paralysis.

Funny thing is when a reboot occurs I have a mixed feeling of deja vu and seem to have almost remembered something important, like of great importance. Like some sort of enlightenment..... Bugs the heck out of me but I feel great afterwards, like I just woke up from a power nap....

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ever considered that your sleepwalking and because you practice astral projection your semi aware in this state and then you wake up fully?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
How old are you? have you never heard of Deja-Vu,don't worry we all get that.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wow, can you teach me?

I often have those "jolts," those kind of spontaneous spaz-outs that shake your whole body, but I never feel like I've just had a power nap.

Wish I could.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I get it in work somtimes. Like i feel kinda deflated and then all of a sudden i feel wide awake full of energy. Somtimes i have a wierd image in my head or an odd memory. so I put this down to a micro sleep, i think thats the correct term. I just assume that i've been haveing micro sleeps and then when i come around i for some reason feel energised.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Not sure this is the right topic and apologise for the hijack, but i frequently find myself kicking out or my whole body jolting a bit like an electric shock or a muscle spasm, mostly when alseep or in the in between stage

but whats even stranger is that i find myself for example when watching football on TV doing the same as someone is about to kick a ball, i know its happening and cant stop myself.. on minute just sitting there the next im trying to kick the ball for the person on the screen, really strange feeling and quite embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think I know what you are talking about, I used have that happen several times a day. It's sort of like a head rush, except it happened at random times, not just from standing up too quickly. Whenever it happened with me, I was usually walking, and then there was sort of a gap in consiousness, and I would lose track of what I was doing for just a brief second afterwards and get sort of a "high" feeling. The energetic feeling you mentioned went along with the dazed/high feeling.

I'm thinking that its just a mild head rush, maybe from a lack of potassium or some other vitamin/mineral. Either that, or possibly stress related.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. The Micro sleep seems to be the closest. I'm going to do some research on that.

Everyone was very helpful.....

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join