It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were WTC towers weakened to assist demolition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I saw a 9/11 related TV show, I think it was the Zembla piece, where the claim is made that in order to bring down the Twin Towers, every single supporting truss to frame joint would have to have been cut at once on each floor. (By frame I mean the framework of vertical pieces in the outer shell of the building.)

However it occurs to me that if the people who did the job were professional enough, they may have considered weakening the floors to just the minimum strength, and they would have had the engineering data needed to do that. That is, given the weight of a floor and the strength of each truss-to-frame joint, cut enough so that it's just above the brink of collapsing.

In addition, in the videos I've seen depicting the truss-to-frame joints show two bolts per joint. Surely they would have removed one of the two everywhere they could, to the extent that they had the time & resources to do so.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Zilax]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zilax
In addition, in the videos I've seen depicting the truss-to-frame joints show two bolts per joint. Surely they would have removed one of the two everywhere they could, to the extent that they had the time & resources to do so.

I think you're on the right track but not with the bolt issue. I don't know anyone who would enter a building and physically take out 1/2 of the connections of where that person is standing.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I remember reading once that Frank Greening thinks that many of the bolts on the perimeter columns were removed, and thus the perimeter columns fell apart so easily during collapse. This is a guy that backs the official story (with unreasonable mathematical models
).

I thought it was absurd at the time. I've had more time to get used to the idea but I still haven't seen any real evidence of it, only a curiosity as to how the perimeters actually did come apart so easily.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I believe the firemen who made itto the upper floors in the South Tower reported walls on several floors being breached.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It is thought Thermate charges preceded the actual demolition, and explains the orange/red dripping substance seen coming from several locations around the towers before the collapse.

Their function in demolition is to weaken the structure; this certainly is worthy of greater investigation.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zilax
I saw a 9/11 related TV show, I think it was the Zembla piece, where the claim is made that in order to bring down the Twin Towers, every single supporting truss to frame joint would have to have been cut at once on each floor. (By frame I mean the framework of vertical pieces in the outer shell of the building.)

And nobody noticed that going on?

new topics

top topics

join