It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Wants To Destroy The Moon To Stabilize Our Weather!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne All life has evolved due to the moon's orbit. Even women's menstrual cycles loosely follow the moon, and I doubt that's a coincidence.

Life has evolved despite the moons orbit.

source

The current "favorite" location for the formation of the earliest life is somewhere deep in the oceans, near a hydrothermal vent.

Whoops, yeah I said that weird. I meant a lot of life, after it had been around for a while, started evolving according to the moon, as in along with the moon. So the a lot life we have today is due to the moon, but life itself would have started anyway (moon or not). That's what I meant!
Just clearing that up.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
As per astronomer Dr. Sten Odenwald....

So far as anyone can tell, there would be no impacts on the issue of life on the Earth because, if ocean tides were important in getting life started by, for example, mixing up the so-called 'primordial soup', the solar tides ought to have been more than adequate to have done the same thing 3.5 - 4.0 billion years ago.

The axis of the Earth's rotation in space would point towards the same spot in the sky for 100's of thousands and even millions of years.

The Moon actually seems to stabilize the tilt of the Earth's rotation axis.

Significant effects on weather systems, circulation patterns etc.

But the bottom line is that no one is sure as to what would happen to Earth if the Moon went missing.

More...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Even with public knowledge of modern physicst there is concludion: MASS IS EFFECT.
Another law: everything is vibration and resonance.

With pumpim frequency in lorenz force tornado inside moon you can change trajectories of moon or any planet including Jupiter. There is "protection system" which reject + and + at close distance but we can even over ride it and create even colosion like fision of planets.

What we see is only natural frequency path matematicaly predicted. If change frequency od flux of centar galaxy (black hole) we can speed up rotation of galaxy and observe moge gama and x rays.

Well it way to primitive to send nuclear projectiles to moon. Way tooo primitive.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3rgY
Even with public knowledge of modern physicst there is concludion: MASS IS EFFECT.
Another law: everything is vibration and resonance.

With pumpim frequency in lorenz force tornado inside moon you can change trajectories of moon or any planet including Jupiter.
Well it way to primitive to send nuclear projectiles to moon. Way too primitive.

Hmmm.. Care to elaborate? How do you produce tornadoes on the Moon??? Hell! Why go to the Moon? Instead we can move the Earth away from the sun for cooler climes!!
Just a few tornadoes in the Earth's crust should do the trick, right? Wrong! Because it's a hare brained idea!!

Cheers!!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well there is allready tornado INSIDE moon, earth and every object in space. This tornado moves PLASMA into rotational field. It produce magnet poles by the way on one frequency.

The force which spin this is named LOrenz force. According to military document from DefensiveTechnical Informational Center in DOD it can be simple altered to move ecliptic path where ever is calculated.

You tought about wind tornado?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Not to get too far off topic here, but unless your target audience are middle school students, your post comes across (at least to me) as rather patronizing.

Sorry, if you took it the wrong way Matyas , but I did not mean to be patronizing. I just wanted to inject a little life into my writing, which maybe gets a little monotonous sometimes... I freely admit, I'm no best selling author, and I sometimes struggle with wording, and to get concepts and ideas across in a way that is accurate, but at the same time not off putting or boring for the reader - yesterday, the 4 posts that I put together took me over 7 hours to write!

Perhaps I am also guilty of trying to look at things from a child's point of view, which I can understand might look like I was being patronizing. Albert Einstein was one who advocated looking at things from this perspective, and asking the simple questions, that only a child might ask! Personally, I think that if more people took this approach, we would make even more progress.

"Little things", like how orbiting works still have the power to amaze me, and I hope you'll excuse me for wanting some of that enthusiasm to rub off onto those out there reading this forum who might not have come across these principals before.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent... back to the topic...

I have maintained over the years there is also an electrodynamic effect which keeps the Moon moving away from us at the rate of about an inch per year.

You have me on that one. I think I may have come across it too, but for the life of me, I cant remember it. I have a feeling this may be something to do with the build up of charge, which would probably be due to the solar wind.

It would also make sense to me, that because the Moon is constantly gaining mass due to collisions with meteoroids/dust, that its angular momentum would therefore increase, which would I think account for its gradual retreat. That is just a guess though.

Something else I would like to know is why the libation point is not the same as the barycenter. Could centrifugal "force" (not!) be the reason?

You sound as though you know more about this than me, so I'll leave this for someone else to pick up on hopefully. The one thing that does stick in my mind, is that there is more than one libation point - L1, L2 and possibly even L3. Now you've got me curious... I may have to have a dig around for some info on this later, but right now I just want to have a rest. It's been a long day, and I'm all googled out right now!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The force which spin this is named LOrenz force. According to military document from DefensiveTechnical Informational Center in DOD it can be simple altered to move ecliptic path where ever is calculated.

Seems intriguing! Can you point me to the site where I can get more gen on this? The DTIC in the DoD is not responding. So let's have the link. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well there is allready tornado INSIDE moon, earth and every object in space. This tornado moves PLASMA into rotational field. It produce magnet poles by the way on one frequency.

You tought about wind tornado?

I remember reading about this... Lorentz force

Although I had no idea you could move the path of a planet. I think what we are discussing is Magnetoplasmadynamic thrust?

animation - Lorentz force on an electron beam

edit: Bo0!

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Selmer2]

Dae

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hey, I missed this post, sorry!

Originally posted by wswbkbroiler
Agreed, I too couldn't find an article saying that it helps us avoid articles. However, the moon is 1/3 the size of the earth, and therefore the is the chance that they would hit it instead of us. At least we have some protection instead of none.

The 1/3 the size of earth can be quite misleading, take a look at this image, its the best one I could find that isnt too big and will make the screen scroll.

Looking at it like that you can understand why its not considered protection from meteors and the like.

Why would you want to take the chance to eliminate all life from earth?

I dont! I wasnt agreeing with the article the OP posted, in fact I havnt read it, I was comenting on what other posters believed would happen if we 'lost' the moon.

That may where life started, however now we live on land. I doubt any land animals can live next to a hydrothermal vent underneath hundred of pounds of ocean pressure.

True, but if you think about where a human life started in the womb, it does not relfect on where it lives its life. I personally see life evolving (if it did) in this manner. Where it starts has no bearing on where it lives and finishes.

Exactly, that is why we should take that chance. Also, didn't you guys see what Byrd wrote? This guy died in 1999. This is probably a hoax, or a older theory than it claims to be.

I agree we should not take any chances like that until more is understood. As I said, I havnt read the article in question, only what other posters have said.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by mikesingh
Professor Alexander Abian, a mathematician at the University of Iowa says it's the only way to rid the world of scorching heat and arctic winters!

Well, he's certainly gotten lively after his death, then. He died in 1999:
en.wikipedia.org...

Funny that since there was a Sci-Fi about this very subject called...

Space: 1999 Background
Imagine, if you will, an Earth where history did not write that we pulled back after the Apollo missions to the Moon; that we did not turn giant leaps forward into tiny, hesitant, almost backwards crawling motions. Instead, imagine history wrote that after we took those first few steps, we continued taking more, even bolder leaps, expanding lunar exploration, sending ever-increasing numbers of missions--robotic and human-crewed--into the rest of the solar system.

Disasters only increased our international resolve, especially after a brief but nearly catastophic war that vividly reminded us of the value of life, and prompted unprecedented multi-cultural, international cooperation that sped up humanity's progress into space.

By the year 1999, humanity had invented new and more powerful spaceships (including one type named in honor of the first manned lunar lander--"Eagle"), partially domesticated the forces of artificial gravity, taken up permanent residence on the Moon, and was on the verge of launching the first people beyond the confines of our solar system. We were also dealing with the difficult problem of what to do with massive amounts of nuclear waste. Years before, we had begun storing it in special dumps on the far side of the Moon.

This is where Space: 1999 begins.

As the countdown to the launch of humanity's first extra-solar spaceship continues, a new commander is sent to Moonbase Alpha to deal with a deadly situation threatening the launch; while no one is aware that another, more sinister countdown is already underway, one that is set to reach zero much sooner, and affect far more than the mission. People have been dying on Moonbase Alpha, and the new commander quickly finds the very adminstrator who assigned him to deal with the situation has also been obscuring its severity.

Once it becomes clear that the warning signs point to an overlooked form of chain reaction building up in the nuclear waste dumps, they try to stop it. The futility of their attempts becomes horrifyingly clear in the light of a sudden false dawn of an enormous nuclear explosion, which in its minute-long burn acts as a tremendous engine, propelling the Moon out of the solar system, to begin an incredible--however unexpected and involuntary--journey of discovery. They become castaways on a fast-floating island--a Moon they can rarely control--encountering alien beings and forces, as well as other human or no longer quite-so-human castaways.

Source:www.space1999.net

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Space: 1999 looks awesome. Martin Landau? Really now. I wonder if it's available on DVD?

This thread reminds me of the MR. Show sketch "blow up the moon" from '97. I wonder if they got the idea from this guy.

I couldn't find the full skit on youtube but they did have this short excerpt from it featuring C.S. Lewis Jr., the mainstream music advocate for moon destruction.

Pretty hilarious skit, I know I laughed my ass off the first time I saw it. The scientists end up rethinking their stance when a chimp asks them "why" in sign language. It cracks me up.

Jesse

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Once it becomes clear that the warning signs point to an overlooked form of chain reaction building up in the nuclear waste dumps, they try to stop it. The futility of their attempts becomes horrifyingly clear in the light of a sudden false dawn of an enormous nuclear explosion, which in its minute-long burn acts as a tremendous engine, propelling the Moon out of the solar system, to begin an incredible--however unexpected and involuntary--journey of discovery. They become castaways on a fast-floating island--a Moon they can rarely control--encountering alien beings and forces, as well as other human or no longer quite-so-human castaways.

Source:www.space1999.net

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

Wow! That was a super idea for a sci fi flick!! I think I should develop it into another sci fi thriller!! Hitching a ride on a Moon gone berserk and going where no man has gone before!! Explosive adrenalin rush to say the least!!

Cheers!!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Funny that since there was a Sci-Fi about this very subject called...

ARRRGH!!! BAD FLASH FROM THE PAST!!!!

I actually watched that show (desperate for scifi after Star Trek went off the air, and being a fan of Martin Landau), and it was... ghodsawful even though I didn't know much about science back then.

I calculated how much uranium you'd need to blow the Moon out of Earth's orbit, and even with my bad math, it came out to be well over 10 million tons of U235.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Wow! That was a super idea for a sci fi flick!! I think I should develop it into another sci fi thriller!! Hitching a ride on a Moon gone berserk and going where no man has gone before!! Explosive adrenalin rush to say the least!!

It was horrible.

Trust me on this one. I would have sued to get those hours of my life back if I could.

In order to have the Moon go all those places in that timeframe, it has to be able to travel at Warp 20 (which it wasn't doing.) It was kind of "Lost In Space" meets "Bonanza" with all the plot sophistication of the worst of children's cartoon shows.

And I'm being kind.

(and I wanted "Maya" to go fall in a crater somewhere and never be seen again.)

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It was horrible.

Trust me on this one. I would have sued to get those hours of my life back if I could.

(and I wanted "Maya" to go fall in a crater somewhere and never be seen again.)

Yeeehahahaha #LOL#

I don't think I've laughed so much for ages

I never said it was a good series
)

Even Blake's 7 kicked space 1999's behind
)

the main problem was the story line was soooo completely flawed that it was frankly child like.

The special Fx were good though for the time... remember we are talking 1970's here.

I wouldn't have dredged the old memory out of my psyche if it wasn't for the relevance of this thread
)

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Gerry Anderson (who produced Space: 1999) should have stuck with puppets instead of live action! I thought his series "Thunderbirds" and "Captain Scarlet" were much better than "Space: 1999" -- even with the puppets.

Anderson did make a very good live action series about 5 years before making "Space: 1999" -- It was called "UFO" and took place both on Earth and on a secret moon base in the futuristic year of 1980. It was about a secret organization (S.H.A.D.O.) whose job it was to protect an unsuspecting Earth from an alien invasion (although the "invasion" turned out to be only one or two alien ships at a time, so their job wasn't that difficult). All in all, "UFO" was a pretty good show and worth looking for on DVD or download.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You bunch of absolute arseholes, The Moon will destroy you all!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mikesingh

I'm reviving this strange thread, to add recent and relevant content. (I never knew our Moon was such a target!)

smallbusiness.yahoo.com...
COULD WE BLAST THE MOON OUT OF ORBIT? WE ALMOST DETONATED A NUCLEAR BOMB IN THE 1950s
"What would happen if the United States Air Force detonated a nuclear bomb on the Moon? In the late 1950s researchers actually considered that exact premise. What they determined is that a standard A-bomb would only create a “microscopic” explosion on the moons surface.

"So could we actually blast the moon out of its orbit? According to the military’s study, it would take somewhere in the range of 10 billion and 10 trillion megatons of TNT to cause the Moon to leave its orbit. Putting that number into perspective, the most powerful nuclear device ever detonated was the the Soviet Union’s “Tsar Bomba,” which yielded the energy equivalent of 50 megatons of TNT. If we detonated every single nuclear bomb on the planet we would still only generate 7,000 megatons.

"If you are worried about the moon leaving Earth, you should know that it is already edging away from our planet, but at a very slow rate. On average, the moon floats 3 or 4 centimeters further away every year."

edit on 12-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nonsense - I don't believe it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join