It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photograph Of A UFO On The Moon??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This pic looks pretty intriguing. Is this some kind of reflection or an actual UFO?
If it was then NASA would undoubtedly have 'erased' it. Or is it another NASA slip-up?

Can someone help check out with the original NASA pic?

The picture deplicts a moon buggy, astronauts, and an object flying in the horizon. I can not guarantee the authenticity of the picture.
trash86d 1/3/07

Here..

jra

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Why such a small photo? Why not using a photo from one of the many official sites that contain high res images? Why doesn't it mention which mission it's from?

I've skimmed through all the surface colour images through Apollo 15, 16 and 17, as they were the only missions to have the Lunar Rover. I didn't see a pic like this. I'm not ready to call this a fake, but things aren't looking good. I'm going to keep looking. One thing though, the horizon does look odd and even edited.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
jra asks of course some good questions. I'd throw in a few of my own but the astute members here should be able to rip this one apart pretty easily.

The main thing I immediately noticed was the lack of similar compression around the object itself compared to say the compression/artifacts around the buggy and the rock mound. When the gamma is enhanced (even just mildly) the ufo gives 'me' the impression of being a cut-and-paste job. The compression/artifacts shouldn't have 45 degree side-angled walls in comparison to say the ridge line and space which has some but not to the same amount.

Also are we to assume that the strong lighting isn't illuminating the structure with the same intensity as everything else on the moon. Strong shadows under the buggy and the astronaut leads one to believe that the sun is over head casting a shadow to the right. I don't see any shadows at all from the craft unless the small spot on the side of the mountain is supposed to be from it. If so, then this would mean that the ufo's position is above the ridgeline and would be enormous in size, and yet there is only a small shadow (if indeed that is what it's suppose to be). If the object were much closer to the buggy/astronaut then the object is smaller and should cast a very defined shadow vissible somewhere near the 'rock-structure'.

I also can't rule out that the astronaut and buggy hasn't been pasted into this area also.. as the compression looks pretty much to be in a square-based area too. Of course all of this is conjecture from my point of view and we could be just seeing a very poor compression/artifact-ridden photo... But I lean towards hoax or to be politically correct... some artist's creative expression.

To verify this, I would think that someone here could easily find the matching photo (albeit this one's probably been cropped and reduced from the original) and ground floor layout from NASA here:

www.apolloarchive.com...

So here's three photos to help make up your own mind, the photo used is from the provided link by mikesingh's first post. I'm including (1) original (from the other site) and only zoomed/cropped with no enhancement. (1) that's been inverted to a negative and finally (1) that has been Gamma enhanced.

(Edit of typos and added the NASA archives link)

[edit on 10-3-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

jra

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Not a fake. It was probably just the size and heavy .jpg compression that made it look odd. The UFO how ever I'd have to say, is fake.

From Apollo 17
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Higher res
www.hq.nasa.gov...

[edit on 10-3-2007 by jra]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Oh, come now. This photo is obviously proof positive of alien activity on the Moon, and NASA's failed attempt to cover up the biggest story in history! Why if it wasn't for the diligence of the OP, we might never know the real truth about aliens and their UFOs and their obvious and huge constructions on the Moon, Mars, and all the other objects in the Solar System. I mean, you almost can't take a photo of anything and NOT see clear and unambiguous evidence of the truth of Aliens from Beyond the Stars and their incredible activities! I mean, it's so absolutely clear and unabiguous beyond a shadow of a doubt. You don't have to be an expert to see what's right there in front of your very eyes as absolute and undeniable PROOF!

Or something.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Not necessarily a fake, could it not be the Earth?? thats what it looks like to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
That's not proof.

That's a poorly photoshopped photo showing some weird blur. There is no reason why the governent couldn't airbrust that out. Hell, I did in 5 seconds using photoshop:

Hell, lets see if I can make my own hoax picture:

Well, my hoax picture looked crap, but it took me about 10 seconds! It goes to show that you shouldn't beleive random pictures posted all over the place. Heck, I bet you, you can find the original of that shot without the edited in UFO!

I messed around in Photoshop and managed to create my own planet:

I bet you some of you guys would beleive it were real.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Why are there no tire tracks from the rover? Did it just float there?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
howcome theres no zoom on the camera?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'll tell you what though, the Original High Res photo (NASA Release) totally looks to have the sky photoshopped to be jet black. I think they did this in all of there Moon Landing photo's to curb future attempts at bringing out anomalies when the technology became good enough to do so, like today for instance. It has been no secret for a long time that the camera catches things the eye cannot see and through the years Im sure photo experst have taken photos from a decade before, examined the picture, and found things that were NOT visable using the technologies available at the time the original photos were taken. All that being said this is most likely a fake, but I sure would LOVE to get my hands on all the Moon pictures with the background sky in original condition. I have at least what I personally believe to be proof positive (pictures) that NASA blacks out the sky in all their older moon pics. I even have to NASA released images of the same picture, both with different NASA file log numbers and under amatuer scrutiny shows quite well that the first release has the sky blacked out and the second release (most likely released on accident years later online) has the sky intact in its original condition. The best part about the pictures Im talking about too is that in the second release there appears to be a HUGE oval shaped anomaly with a smaller circle shaped anomaly to the upper right of it. It is a picture with the moon lander in it, the American flag and an astronaut. It so far is one of my PERSONAL favorite discoveries that I have made myself. I can provide it if anyone wishes to examine it for themselves. I have posted it once before but it gained little attention do to the fact that the thread it was in was a good 100+ pages long. I would actually like to get a few of you to scrutinize it with/for me to help identify the significance of it and possibly help identify the large anomaly that NASA was OBVIOUSLY trying to cover up in its original photoshopped release.

Good day ATS

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Such an obvious fake: The moonlander cameras werent even capable of taking such small and digitally compressed photographs.

If it would have been of equal quality and size of the original, then *maybe* I could believe in a NASA chop of the sky. But when its this bad, no.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by merka]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think if anything it might be lens flare. Here is another shot with a similar artifact in the sky
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I don't think you made a planet in photoshop - I think you did the lens flare for the sun in photoshop and perhaps the starts on the backdrop, but you did not create that planet in photoshop... if you did, please tell me how LOL. I am sure you used some other program (like a 3d modeling software) to render that planet.

But as for the OP question - I think someone could have easily placed that into the photo using photoshop... it wouldnt take that long to do.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I don't think you made a planet in photoshop - I think you did the lens flare for the sun in photoshop and perhaps the starts on the backdrop, but you did not create that planet in photoshop... if you did, please tell me how LOL. I am sure you used some other program (like a 3d modeling software) to render that planet.

No. The only tool I used was Photoshop. I used a texture for the moon then spherised it, put it in that picture, added lighting effects, blue ambience and atmosphere. Then I added the sun and stars from a star texture I found.

I beleive they do allot of space artwork the same way.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It has weird pixels around it. I definately call fake/Photoshop.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That's from JPG compression, take any photo, and save in JPEG form, and compress HEAPS. The Pixels will then look really messed up.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
That's not proof.

Hey! I visited that planet in my photoshop flying saucer! Thanks for the humor.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh, it's very possible to make a planet like that, and better, in Photoshop.

Start here for a tutorial on how to do so.

gallery.artofgregmartin.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GNOarmy

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
That's not proof.

Hey! I visited that planet in my photoshop flying saucer! Thanks for the humor.

Is it just me, or does that planet look off (i.e., not completely spherical?). Like the shape of a grapefruit.... maybe its just me and I should go to sleep.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The photograph of the object taken during Shuttle mission STS-64 on September 15, 1994, over Massachusetts, resembles the 'UFO' on the Moon.

1972, Apollo 16, Moon Mission Dates: April 16-27, CDR: John W. Young,
CMP: Kenneth Mattingly, LMP: Charles Duke, Importance: Explored the
Moon's rocky central highlands. NASA archives (photo No AS16-109-17804)
Mission Apollo 16 on the Moon. Astronaut Charles Duke photographed
collecting lunar sample at Station 1. The 'UFO' is seen at just right of top center.

1972, Apollo 16, Moon Mission Dates: April 16-27, CDR: John W. Young,
CMP: Kenneth Mattingly, LMP: Charles Duke, Importance: Explored the Moon's
rocky central highlands. NASA archives (photo No AS16-109-17804) Mission
Apollo 16 on the Moon. Astronaut John Young on rim of Plum crater gathering
lunar rock samples. 'UFO' at top right.

These of course look like lens flares/reflections to me. Not the sun or the Earth for obvious reasons.
Or are these photoshopped? If so, why?

More here...

new topics

top topics

join