It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, spitting in the face is crime, court rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well someone spitting on someone else is well disgusting and the person doing it should be arrested. How would you feel if i just came up to you and spat in your eyes? Seriously i don't see this as a problem.

As for people who drool because of medical problems, well they would be exempt, unless they spat on someone on purpose.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah Marge just wants to try and claim that a little drool would be taken as assault because she apparently refuses to acknowledge the law is a very old law with no over reactions or abuse by authorities.
Just trying to make an issue out of a non issue.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
You just seem angry, out there looking for a fight.

It takes a very good debatable person to make me angry and trust me you are not one of them.

And . . . you will never be . . .

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You just seem angry, out there looking for a fight.

It takes a very good debatable person to make me angry and trust me you are not one of them.

And . . . you will never be . . .

And considering your lack of knowledge in.. well just about every thing that comes out of your mouth, I would consider it an honor that I cannot stoop to your level of misconstrued facts, blatant lies, over emotional ramblings.

In fact, I would not consider my .. conversing with you a debate at all.. I would consider it more like a correction of every other word you put out there.

Also, to stay on topic.. you never said why your against this law.. Just out of spite?

[edit on 3/10/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Marge (and any other supporters) But for Marge mostly, as you are from Florida no?

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 784
ASSAULT; BATTERY; CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE

View Entire Chapter

784.078 Battery of facility employee by throwing, tossing, or expelling certain fluids or materials.--

(1) As used in this section, the term "facility" means a state correctional institution defined in s. 944.02(6); a private correctional facility defined in s. 944.710 or under chapter 957; a county, municipal, or regional jail or other detention facility of local government under chapter 950 or chapter 951; or a secure facility operated and maintained by the Department of Corrections or the Department of Juvenile Justice.

(2)(a) As used in this section, the term "employee" includes any person employed by or performing contractual services for a public or private entity operating a facility or any person employed by or performing contractual services for the corporation operating the prison industry enhancement programs or the correctional work programs, pursuant to part II of chapter 946.

(b) "Employee" includes any person who is a parole examiner with the Florida Parole Commission.

(3)(a) It is unlawful for any person, while being detained in a facility and with intent to harass, annoy, threaten, or alarm a person in a facility whom he or she knows or reasonably should know to be an employee of such facility, to cause or attempt to cause such employee to come into contact with blood, masticated food, regurgitated food, saliva, seminal fluid, or urine or feces, whether by throwing, tossing, or expelling such fluid or material.

(b) Any person who violates paragraph (a) commits battery of a facility employee, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

That is an example of a "no spitting" law - which also covers every other bodily fluid.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Never had a fly land in your mouth?
Never had a head cold?
Never started to feel sick and needed to clear your throat?

There's a difference between them and spitting in someones face. If you punish the first than their is a real problem. I seriously doubt that any of the people who support the first have not spat at least once in their lives. Yes it is rude but sometimes it is needed. Life is not black and white. Life is not so clear cut.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
No one said anything about spitting in general.. this is on people.. though there are places where the local law has it on the books that you cannot spit on public property - sidewalks..

A ban on spitting is impossible let alone stupid, no one has said anything about that.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Actually, I think that not only spitting on someone but also spitting AT someone is illegal.
Spitting at someone is a sign of extreme derision and can be seen as an act of assault.

This has nothing to do with liberal/neocon.

It's showing of a complete lack of respect and is a way of calling the other person out, to react, or start a fight.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is good, because Ive had experience with this, I had this strange dude come up to me in the streets, (I live in a pretty crap area in london) and started insulting me and repeatly spitting in my face, I told him to stop or else, I had no other choice except punch him in the face to stop him, after that he stoped and looked in shock and walked away.

Weird people in this world. And this is only one of many stories, I think in cities there are more weirdos.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

No one said anything about spitting in general.. this is on people.. though there are places where the local law has it on the books that you cannot spit on public property - sidewalks..

A ban on spitting is impossible let alone stupid, no one has said anything about that.

...but if you pay tax, why can't you? Technically it is your property as well. :-)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Lol Odium..

You pay taxes for sure, but that does not mean public land is your land. If the government says not spitting on public property then there is no spitting. Quite simply, you do not have any "right" to do as you please, especially spitting..

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Surely shoving someone on the floor and kicking them is likely to cause harm than spitting at them. That happens all the time and no one gets thrown away for that do they...

I guess there's a difference between physical and psychological harm, spitting on someone is pretty degrading. But still, pushing someone can cause both physical harm and psychological intimidation, if they're gonna charge people for spitting then they should charge them even worse for violence.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Lol Odium..

You pay taxes for sure, but that does not mean public land is your land. If the government says not spitting on public property then there is no spitting. Quite simply, you do not have any "right" to do as you please, especially spitting..

Why not?

How do they manage the land? How do they up-keep the land? They use money from taxation. They use money from the public - the Government does own the land, but people own the Government.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Just because you pay taxes does not give you any rights.

Your rights are rather limited as a matter of fact.. sure you have your free speach and such, but when it comes down to abusing public land or doing something the general public would deem unnescessary or disgusting, no you have no right.

You can take this issue into so many other issues, for instance Schools are paid for by the voters.. but inside peoples constitutional rights are limited rather severally .. teacher says shut up, you shut up or you get detention.

In cities if you speed you get a ticket. You pay for the roads don't you?

If you punch someone you get arrested for assault. Its your right to hit someone though, you made the choice no? Doesn't mean your allowed to do it.

Many cities have ordinances that state if your grass excedes a specific length you can be fined. It's your grass, you paid for the land, for the house.. and its your right to grow your grass to what ever length you please. Doesn't mean your allowed to.

A right is essentially your ability of free-will that the government cannot impede upon at any time for any reason. You are however very much so responcible for your actions.

You can't even kill yourself, its a crime.. but its your life, your body.. your tools of execution.. and its your right to try.. but your responcible if you fail.

There is a strong line between being allowed to do something, meaning someone grants you authority to do it, or to be able to do it with out consequence.

A Right is something granted to you by what our government and the Western world would deem "god given" meaning all humans are entitled to it.. mostly it covers self expression such as freedom of speech, electing, and self protection, arms, but all have limitations.. you cannot shoot someone and get away with it.. you cannot throw racial slurs or insult someone, plagarize, lie cheat or steal with words.. you will be held accountable.

Your rights are yours, so long as it is done responsibly.. the thought that you are allowed tot do what ever you please and the government has no right to stop you is an illogical immature approach to society. Spitting on someone is not a right, nor is it a right to spit on public property if the city says you can't do it.

Unless you can find it in the constitution that says "And thee shall be able to spit on handrails"

apc

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They should meter the spit. Pure saliva shouldn't be a problem. Higher than 50% mucus qualifies as a crime.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Lol Odium..

Quite simply, you do not have any "right" to do as you please, especially spitting..

And there you have it people, the kind of mentality that is robbing the rights of the people in this nation.

Is not about spitting or urinating or doing any other obnosious society nasty tagged behavior in public, but is about control.

That is what many are failing to see, stupid laws as an excused for human behavior manipulation.

Pity.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
They should meter the spit. Pure saliva shouldn't be a problem. Higher than 50% mucus qualifies as a crime.

Interesting, that will also means that sharing bodily fluits will qualify as a crime, with this stupid laws been allow to be enacted.

No more kissing people.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Lol Odium..

Quite simply, you do not have any "right" to do as you please, especially spitting..

And there you have it people, the kind of mentality that is robbing the rights of the people in this nation.

Is not about spitting or urinating or doing any other obnosious society nasty tagged behavior in public, but is about control.

That is what many are failing to see, stupid laws as an excused for human behavior manipulation.

Pity.

If you want to approach this like a 4 year old sure, I suppose your right.. if you want to act like a grown up now, its about responsibility..

Apparently you are one of those that believe all actions should go unjustified and that all people have the right to do as they please.
Why am I even bothering to argue with someone who has such shallow minded views..

The LOCAL government saying you should spit on public property sure is keeping me in control... I see the spit police every where! I know your far beyond "grown up" but it is amazing how many decades your mind has apparently been left behind.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If you want to approach this like a 4 year old sure, I suppose your right.. if you want to act like a grown up now, its about responsibility..

Can not have it your way right? insulting is a way of intimidation when your point is not agreeable by everybody.

Apparently you are one of those that believe all actions should go unjustified and that all people have the right to do as they please.

Like you said people has not rights

Why am I even bothering to argue with someone who has such shallow minded views..

Again, I rest my case, is your way or the highway so anybody else that is trying to make sense of this stupid law is either a child, stupid or shallow.

The LOCAL government saying you should spit on public property sure is keeping me in control... I see the spit police every where! I know your far beyond "grown up" but it is amazing how many decades your mind has apparently been left behind.

Again showing your true colors when debates can not go your way or others are tying to bring a conspiracy to the issue.

Like I said this about control, stupid laws that are made to control human behavior through manipulation and deeming them criminal

But the reality is that it comes down to no making any sense when people are so outrage about bodily fluids but we as humans share them in more ways that can be also call disgusting and less sanitary.

If you can no take criticism on your views or you point then you have some problems.

Pity.

littler laws like this that any person is aware that certain behaviors in public are view in society as unacceptable should be a matter of education not a matter of government geared control by the means of laws.

And that is my personal view and my personal opinion of the this issue that will bring a string of consequences.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Please debate the topic and not each other.
There's no need for the growing number of comments aimed at each other's posts.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 11-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join