It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's '2020 vision' to lead climate change battle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Europe's '2020 vision' to lead climate change battle

environment.newscientist.com

The key points are:
• At least 20% of energy used in the EU will come from renewable sources by 2020

• At least 10% of the fuels used in transport will be biofuels by 2020

• EU emissions will be reduced to 20% below 1990 levels by 2020

European leaders agreed to increase the emissions cap to 30%, if nations including the US, Russia, China and India follow suit. This is in accordance with the energy strategy proposed by the European Council's environment council in February.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is a great plan to help slow the Global Climate Shift

environment.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Great start...if only the US would comply!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Humm... I wonder if for the time that mankind has been on Earth some of them might have thought to perhaps stop breathing, or farting claiming they could stop past Climate Changes...

Anyways.... the geological record shows they never had any luck...

apc

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I dunno... the dinosaurs in the jungles of Antarctica switched to a low fiber diet and look what happened. Progress is a wonderful thing!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Slowing the climate change is what we are trying to achieve. They have already stated that it is impossible to stop this cycle...it is a cycle, but we increased the speed of the cycle and have exponentially increased its effects. Our goal is to bing that change into a natural spectrum of change instead of 2040 to 3040 or some long gradual change.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Noone can stop or mitigate Climate Change. there are bigger factors than mankind that we do not have any control over...

It is only in the minds of the desperate, and the "God complex types" who think that they can slow or mitigate Climate Change.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Remember...a lot of people here claim we can't even fight "drugs", remember the "war on drugs", or even terrorism.... If we can't even control other people, how can we control, stop or slow Earth, the Sun or the Solar System from following their natural cycles?...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Slowing climate change is possible. Since we have began forresting we have limited the amount of O2 being released into the atmosphere. We have created a negative recycle spectrum. We decreased O2 production and increased CO2 production. This creates an imbalance. When the earth is not in homeostasis or within the ranges of normalacy we end up throwing the climate cycle off in the wrong direction.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Slowing climate change is possible. Since we have began forresting we have limited the amount of O2 being released into the atmosphere. We have created a negative recycle spectrum. We decreased O2 production and increased CO2 production. This creates an imbalance. When the earth is not in homeostasis or within the ranges of normalacy we end up throwing the climate cycle off in the wrong direction.

The Earth has had 10 to 16 times as much CO2 on it's atmosphere as it has now, yet there was never a runaway Global warming effect...the planet never became another Venus or Mars.

It is also a fact shown by the geological record that CO2 increases in the atmosphere have been a cause of temperature increase. CO2 always lags temperature increases, and the Earth has been warming since the end of the last Ice Age and during what is known as the Holocene, the last 10,000-12,000 years.

When our oceans get warmer they released more CO2, Methane and other trace gases.

99% of Earth's atmosphere is Nitrogen and oxygen, the other 1% are trace gases. Of that 1% 95% is water vapor which traps twice the amount of heat than CO2. The amount of CO2, which is a trace gas btw, in the Earth's atmosphere is 0.04%. Mankind contribution of CO2 is a small percentage of that 0.04%

Our oceans play a bigger role on the CO2 absortion and release than forests do. In fact, it is our oceans which hold in store 98.5% of all CO2 found on Earth, and they recycle more CO2 than all forests put together.

We should be protecting our forests, like some countries are doing, but mankind is not responsible for the CLimate Change we are undergoing, or any of the past Climate Changes which have happened.

In the last 15,000 years Earth has had more than two dozen Climate Change cycles, many of them being abrupt Climate Changes.

I recommend the following powerpoint presentation to anyone interested to know some facts about Climate Change.
ff.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have different data here is what I have

en.wikipedia.org...

Very different from what you have there

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh right i forgot, wikipedia...the source of all truth...

And i can post the research done by thousands of scientists who disagree with the claims that mankind is responsible for Climate Change.

The causes of Climate Change are still very debatable even amongs scientists...but the "policymakers" changed the rules and named those who agreed with the claim that mankind is the cause for climate change as the "scientific concensus".....

The same policymakers that want to put a global tax to "help mitigate or stop Climate Change"....

Ready or not, here comes the global tax....

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
who said it was the end all be all. I have other data that suggests the same. If you look at US documentation Pre 2006 and Post 2006 the pre is what you have the post is what everyone else has. The US scientists were hired and fired based upon what the Bush Administration wanted to see. Our government lied to us to propogate high taxes on oil so we would keep spending and wasting.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov...

This is another source. You might want to check that. I'm not saying you're entirely wrong, but it has been proven that the US scientists have falsified data due to government payouts and other government tactics.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh right i forgot, wikipedia...the source of all truth...

And i can post the research done by thousands of scientists who disagree with the claims that mankind is responsible for Climate Change.

The causes of Climate Change are still very debatable even amongs scientists...but the "policymakers" changed the rules and named those who agreed with the claim that mankind is the cause for climate change as the "scientific concensus".....

The same policymakers that want to put a global tax to "help mitigate or stop Climate Change"....

Allright but can't you see the good points here, especially for the oil,carbon energies which accelerate cancers process in the big cities accross the globe because of the co2.

Maybe these directives will not have the effects expected on the climate but hey this is good news still...for our health at least.

And why in the hell the US won't join us on this?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov...

This is another source. You might want to check that. I'm not saying you're entirely wrong, but it has been proven that the US scientists have falsified data due to government payouts and other government tactics.

The people who falsified data where people like Mann, whose Hockey Stick Graph has been used to claim that mankind is at fault for Climate Change.... Mann made a dissapearing act of two Climate Change events in our recent past so that the claim that Climate change is being caused by man could be taken seriously...of course, he forgot that there were several other scientist who would see through his rigged data.

I can show you data from Russia, Spain, New Zealand, Africa, even from the U.S, among others, and research done by scientists from those countries all who say Climate Change is a natural cycle, and we have had warmer and more abrupt Climate Changes in the past without the help of mankind.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This will end in a stalemate anyhow. No matter what evidence is put forth you have made your decision. I'll stick to my data and you stick to yours.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Global warming is about making people feel guilty. While the leaders of this revolution are hipocrits ( Al Gore heating his huge house

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
BTW Al Gore uses "green energy". You should look at what his powersource is.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well... I thought it was starting to be accepted that co2 emissions are an effect not a cause of global warming. Besides, the whole co2 emissions argument it redundant, we're already past the brink apparently... So how is reducing emissions going to help? We need to create mechanisms to control the climate instead. Big task, but it would be worth it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join