It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline again flirts with $3 mark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Gasoline again flirts with $3 mark

news.yahoo.com

SAN FRANCISCO - Gasoline prices have jumped above $3 a gallon in some parts of California and Hawaii, and may hit that level in other parts of the country when the busy summer driving season approaches.

"It kills me," said Gloria Nunez, 53, as she filled her Ford Explorer SUV at a San Jose gas station. Nunez, a clerk for a communications company, has started working a couple hours of overtime each week to help soften the blow.

"All of a sudden you kind of have to watch your pennies," she said.

Analysts say drivers should brace for more increases in the coming weeks. Crude oil, which makes up about half the price of gasoline, is trading above $60 a barrel. Higher demand, refinery maintenance and fears about springtime shortages are also driving up prices, particularly on the West Coast.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
wcbstv.com

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well, well, well, I thought Democrats were going to do something about high gas prices. That was one of their issues leading up to last November...remember? Now we see that it wasn't Republicans that were controlling the price of gasoline in this country. We also see that libs really don't give a damn about the "plight" of the people they claim to represent. The price of gasoline, as with any other commodity, is controlled by the market where supply and demand rules. Therefore, when the supply isn't there, the prices go up. Without enough refineries and places to drill here at home (can anybody say ANWR or China) to secure supply we will continue to pay high prices as we are held hostage by lunatics from Arabia and Venezuela not to mention left wingers and their idiotic policies. Now, I must ask all the left wing extremist environ-mental whackos in the country this question: who is really responsible for high gas prices that are choking people. Could it possibly be those who are also choking our supply?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo...we will continue to pay high prices as we are held hostage by lunatics from Arabia and Venezuela

I wasn't aware Hugo Chavez is setting the price of oil...if that is what you are implying...

Actually it is because of a post in another forum I did that caused the spike. You know, psychologicals in the market. Sorry!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is very interesting since the U.S has been in control of the oil supplies for quite sometime in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by MooneyBravo...we will continue to pay high prices as we are held hostage by lunatics from Arabia and Venezuela

I wasn't aware Hugo Chavez is setting the price of oil...if that is what you are implying...

Have you ever heard of the oil embargo of the 1970's? You can read about it here. I am saying that, since the U.S. imports approximately 75 % of the nearly 21 million barrels of oil we use each day from Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and other countries, they can hold us hostage using oil as a weapon. Opening up sites like ANWR and the coasts to oil drilling won’t eliminate our dependence upon oil imports but it will reduce the percentage from the 70’s to a lower number.

Sources:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo

Well, well, well, I thought Democrats were going to do something about high gas prices. That was one of their issues leading up to last November...remember?

The do it by trying to pass legislation for 'green' fuel. Not holding Arabia for ransom. Technology takes time.

Now we see that it wasn't Republicans that were controlling the price of gasoline in this country.

The CEOs of Exxon/Mobil, etc aren't republicans?! fooled me

We also see that libs really don't give a damn about the "plight" of the people they claim to represent.

In my view, 80-85% of everyone in Washington are there for a free ride, and don't care about their constituents. Not matter the party. Crying about 'lib' this, 'conservative' is stupid. Look at a bigger picture.

The price of gasoline, as with any other commodity, is controlled by the market where supply and demand rules. Therefore, when the supply isn't there, the prices go up.

That's half of it. The other half is pricing among competing executive big shots. It happens in every business. And it's illegal. But white-collar criminals never get in trouble.

Without enough refineries and places to drill here at home (can anybody say ANWR or China) to secure supply we will continue to pay high prices as we are held hostage by lunatics from Arabia and Venezuela not to mention left wingers and their idiotic policies.

Now wait a minute. I thought we also get oil from Canada...Are they about to put a choke-hold on us as well?

Also, what exactly is a left-winger, and explain why you believe they have idiotic policies. It seems to me, Bush is constantly flirting w/ Arabia. It's his and his friend's decision to buy from Arabia. They don't have to. Now that's idiotic.

Now, I must ask all the left wing extremist environ-mental whackos in the country this question: who is really responsible for high gas prices that are choking people. Could it possibly be those who are also choking our supply?

Why don't you ask someone who makes between 5-10 billion in profits ever QUARTER. They're scamming people w/ their high oil costs. Not the countries they buy the oil from.

[edit on 3/9/2007 by Arcane Demesne]

top topics

join