It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pages and Site Structure...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

New Structure And Pages For All Boards

We've had some big changes today that help create a bit more separation between ATS, BTS, and AbovePolitics.

First, the secondary boards now have the same style of new flag-built home page as ATS... your flagging on BTS and AbovePolitics determines the content, and placement of content on the new home pages.

New BelowTopSecret.com Home, Old board home page still works

New AbovePolitics.com Home, Old board home page still works

On the left of the new home pages is a menu with the list of forums. These take you to the forum overview pages that display content based on flagging, replies, and views.

We also have some new pages on ATS that will eventually appear on the other boards. These new pages display the top-flagged and hottest recent threads in each forum.

Examples:
Aliens & UFOs Overview
Aliens & UFOs Top-Flagged Threads
Aliens & UFOs Hottest Threads

Edit: Fixed link.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Are this changes affecting the favorites listing? I am getting duplicates of all my favorites.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Are this changes affecting the favorites listing?

Nope.

There is an old bug I haven't been able to track down in the legacy XMB code dealing with favorites.

Try deleting the favorite, then re-subscribing.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the the info on the problem . . . I already deleted them but it did not help . . . I am just going to ignore the duplicates . . . until the problem is fix.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Old board home page still works

That link is broken. Needs a space removing. Just thought I'd point it out.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
That link is broken. Needs a space removing. Just thought I'd point it out.

It's fixed up now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think those pages are really great. Very handy tools.

Dae

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It's fixed up now.

*sighs* Everytime I see your avatar a little flutter of appreciation makes itself known to me, Adama Jr. in that pic makes me swooon.

*clears throat*

Yes, the changes SO made are pretty cool

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It takes a few minutes to navigate yourself, but after that its pretty plain sailing.

Nice job Overlord

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Is the Recent Posts supposed to only bring up News and Board questions?? That is what is happening to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The New Pages Don't Reflect My Login Status

None of the three flag-driven home pages for ATS, AP and BTS seem to think I'm logged in.

They all show me the "Join ATS" and "Log In" buttons on the menu bar.

The things is, I am logged in, and when I click on a story link, it shows me as being logged in still.

Except for AP. When I click on story links there, I get a 404 error because the link is trying to take me to "http://www.abovepolitics.com/forum/thread*" instead of "http://www.abovepolitics.com/thread*" (i.e., the AP posts aren't in a legacy /forum directory like ATS).

BTS doesn't have this problem. so whatever was done for the BTS story links should work for AP.

Anyway, when you're not busy...

top topics

join