It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I couldn't move or breathe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The first thought I had after this experience was that maybe It was sleep parylsis (spelling?) Anyway heres what happened.

I was laying on my bed just waking up but found I couldn't move, This frightened me but after a few seconds I thought to myself yeah this is sleep paralysis (My understanding this is where you wake up and can't move? correct me if I am wrong). So I lay there a few seconds more when all of a sudden I started to get really strong pressure on my neck like someone was strangling me, I couldn't breathe and started to panic. This is when I started to be able to move and I started thrashig around on the bed to try and stop the feeling, it then stopped.

This was one of the most frightening things ever to happen to me, the whole thing only lasted about a minute tops but I was so scared.

Any explinations? my house I believe is haunted (some of you may of read some other posts of mine a while back) but I have never felt a bad presence around.

Any help would be appriciated

many thanks

Alan

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It was simply sleep paralysis, feelings of strangulations are often commen during the 'nightmares', people can also think they are being attacked - there was one case I heard of that a man killed someone whilst asleep (but i'm not sure if the jury believed him)

list of symptoms

[edit on 8/3/07 by FudgeStix]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I experianced it once myself when I was a teen. Scared the hell out of me. To this day I often wonder if something from beyond wasn't actually trying to kill me.

Still, sleep paralysis has some very common traits and my episode was a classic. After reading up on it I don't consider it a paranormal episode anymore.

Your situation sounds like sleep paralysis as well. That is my impression anyway.

That doesn't mean I am right though.

Read as much as you can and educate yourself. Don't let someone else just explain it away and be done with it. You will only come to peace with what happened when you have satisfied your own mind as to what occurred.

Knowledge is the key to understanding it. I hope you seek the truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thanks for that I kinda assumed thats what it might have been but I never really knew what sleep paralysis really was, Thanks for the link.

I really hope it doesn't happen again it really was truely frightening

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That page gives pleanty of tips to help yourself come out of it if it does ^_^

I don't suffer from it myself, but I would assume going to sleep clam and relaxed would help prevent a second attack so try and get all the worries out of your mind
(maybe write a diary, or meditate?)

Although on another note, if you start spewing pea soup and your head starts whizzing round like a merry-go-round I'd start to think maybe it's time to call a preist

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've had this happen also in my teen years.I've also had dreams where it felt as something very evil was in my room and I felt as though I couldn't move.VERY SCARY!
I was also told it was sleep paralysis.I believe the most frightening thing that ever happened was a dream i had of an old hag perched outside my window staring at me and cackling.That one still bothers me,and that was a good 15 years ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Read as much as you can and educate yourself. Don't let someone else just explain it away and be done with it. You will only come to peace with what happened when you have satisfied your own mind as to what occurred.

I couldt not agree more than with this statement regarding some instances that are explanied as sleep paralysis. In this particular instance I think it was not sleep paralysis.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by corvuscorax18]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sounds alot like what happens when a astral parasite drains a sleeping victim. this kind of thing is fairly common and nothing more than sleep paralysis but since you said your house might be haunted theres a very small chance you have somebody that refuses to pass on and they drain humans to keep themselves alive. even if thats the case theres nothing to be scared of as long as you didnt feel an evil presence as the odd draining wont realy hurt you in any way and that small amount of energy could be keeping another living thing alive for several weeks

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Um in regards to the last post the part about not feeling an evil presence.

If it was a spirt, I was being strangled by an unknown thing, thats pretty evil to me.

But thanks for the input, I've never heard of an astral parasite though.

new topics

top topics

join