It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take it or leave it, my ufo experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ok, after being here now for over 12 months i've decided to tell my ufo story.
Take it or leave it.
I've only ever related this experience to a very few close friends and i could tell they didnt believe me so i've kept it to myself ever since.

This was in about 1982/3 i think, i was 17 years old, and i was holidaying with my family at a place called Batemans Bay on the South East coast of NSW in Australia.
My parents shared a caravan with another family at the caravan park there and i think it was just before New Years Eve.
It was about mid morning and i went for a walk down along the beach, at the end of the beach there was a rocky cliff/headland that jutted out into the sea, there was a similar headland on the opposite side, the area was shaped like a horseshoe. As i'm clambering over the rocks, checking out the rock pools for crabs and stuff i felt this strange sensation, like after a particularly violent electrical storm, except its mid summer and the sky's clear.
The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and there was this static electric feeling all over me.
When i looked up and across to the other side of the bay i saw this large metallic looking shape just hovering, right above the end of the promitory. It hung there not moving, but shimmering sort of for about half a minute i guess and then just faded from view. It didnt take off, move or anything, just faded away.
To say i was freaked out would be an understatement, but for some reason i didnt rush back and tell anyone, my Dad was a cop and pretty straight and i could imagine his reaction.
I've pretty much kept this to myself for the last 20 odd years except for a few close friends who i think probably thought i was spinning a yarn or off my face.
I know what i saw that day and it is the reason i believe as i do today that we are not alone. I dont believe in all this reptilian/grays/nordics stuff because i dont have any evidence of my own to back it up, but i do believe that we are not alone, I know what i saw that day.
The object i saw was solid, metallic, the sun glinted off it, it would have been maybe 30 or 40 feet around i guess and maybe 10 to 15 feet in depth, sort of football shaped.
I can imagine people saying it was a balloon or whatever and i may have even believed that if it wasnt for the sensation i felt when it was there.
I have never felt anything like it before or since.

Sorry if my recollections are a little hazy but its been a hell of a long time since it happened and to be perfectly honest i havent thought about it alot over the years.
I'm now 41 years old, a father of 4, happily married and in a management position in a large multinational company. I'm not given to flights of fancy, nor have i ever been, i grew up in the outback of Australia for most of my early life and had never even considered the possibility of UFO's until that day.
Anyway thats my story, i dont have any evidence to back it up but i thought i would like to share it with you all now that i have been here for a while. Take it or leave it.

Thanks Mojo.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I believe you. This is how sightings normally happen and most people are not prepared. If people are prepared with a camera they are so awed by what they are seeing they don't take a picture.

As you say life goes on but you do remember and you will always wonder, "was it."

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi mojo. I've also seen 2 UFOs that had some kinda cloaking in action. First one was about 9 years ago when I was 16 and I saw an object fairly close, that then proceeded to move 'behind' a brighter part of the sky. Second one had some kinda flickering/background color mimicking going on. These are just short explanations and I guess I can U2U you the full reports if you want.

Point is, I'm interested in the 'fading away' aspect of your sighting. Can you describe that part as best you can? Did the fading seem to be 'movie' like, like it just became more and more transparent, or was there some kinda process to it all? Please use as many words as you can to describe what you can remember. I know it's been a long while, so I guess I shouldn't expect too much though.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Point is, I'm interested in the 'fading away' aspect of your sighting. Can you describe that part as best you can? Did the fading seem to be 'movie' like, like it just became more and more transparent, or was there some kinda process to it all? Please use as many words as you can to describe what you can remember. I know it's been a long while, so I guess I shouldn't expect too much though.

Hi Drexon, closest i can think of to explain the way it appeared to fade away is like you see on a computer with pixels, except that it wasnt that defined.
The object was visually sharp, then the edges just sort of blurred slowly and faded in towards the centre.
I reckon it took about 10 seconds from noticing the fade away from the edges to totally disappearing.
Once it left the static sensation left at the same time.
No sound, no visual stimulus when it faded out.
Its funny thinking about it after all this time.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and there was this static electric feeling all over me.

The object i saw was solid, metallic, the sun glinted off it, it would have been maybe 30 or 40 feet around i guess and maybe 10 to 15 feet in depth, sort of football shaped.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Seems like the fading, possibly exiting was accompanied by the sensation. The O'Hare sighting had some of these same characteristics.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Thanks for sharing this with us. Seems like the fading, possibly exiting was accompanied by the sensation. The O'Hare sighting had some of these same characteristics.

Not sure about that, though i have been keeping an eye on the O'Hare thread. I thought that object left at high speed and punched a hole through the cloud cover.

I mentioned the feeling as being similar to during a powerful electrical storm. I dont know if thats the best way to describe it, but i have nothing better to relate it to, that crisp ozone smell and the sharpness of the atmosphere. About the best i can do.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The similar items are the electric sensation and size. The ramp workers mentioned a similar feeling as it left. Sounds like you felt that right before it faded from view. The size of your craft sounds similar. I did not mean that your craft's exit and the O'Hare were the same. I should have clarified each point.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No worries.

Wasnt sure how you meant it. Like i said it was unlike any sensation ive ever felt before or since, hard to put into words. Another way of describing it would be like that buzzing sensation walking beneath high power lines, but not the same. Does that make sense?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing it with us! I believe you. I'm just not sure if what you saw is Alien or Military. I'm leaning toward alien.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing it with us! I believe you. I'm just not sure if what you saw is Alien or Military. I'm leaning toward alien.

Thanks, i dont believe it was of this earth.
Its actually been a relief to share it.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing Mojo
As stated above the static sensation is a common thing reported by eyewitnesses.There was another ufo sighting that came to mind when I read your post.It was also in Australia.Only the eyewitnesses reported the craft sucked up some water from the sea and then zipped away.Anyone know more about this?It was witnessed by alot of people.

join