It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photographs -

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The forum lost my previous post due to a duplicate subject!!

The following photos are cropped images of the originals, but are otherwise unedited. They were taken in the early hours a few years ago whilst out photographing asteroids.

I had the photos examined forensically by a friend who determined that the object is clearly not part of the camera, or a lighting anomaly etc.. At the time of taking the photos, I was not aware of the object until later when I viewed the photos on my computer (later that night).

It is clearly external to the camera, as you can see its reflection as it passes through the lens elements. Any ideas??? The camera used was a Nikon CoolPix 5700, 5.3 MP digital camera. These are max resolution images. Note the bright color dots are CCD noise.

It appears on two consecutive frames, taken 2 minutes apart. It does not appear either before or after these two frames. The first was taken at August 3rd, 2003, 00:50:00.

I haven't been out with the camera since.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
There is not enough information to go on... right now all I see is a dot or so. The images are too small to analyze.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
if you dont know what a star is then i guess this is a ufo too you but stars dont fly so its techniclly not a ufo lol im just messin with you man but seriously you cant post pics this small it seems like your posting them small on purpose just so we cant tell what it is and i think its a star and by the way stars will look like there moving over a period of time because of the earth rotating and i think thats what you have here if your talking about the red dots on your pics. you should be more specific as for what we viewers are suppose to be looking at. oh wait a minute your talking about the cloud looking thing in the pic well if you didnt notice it when you took the picture what exaclty were you taking a picture of. and since you didnt see it before you took the pic its probably something with your camera your friend is wrong. unless its a ghost flying around the stars it could happen right? lol

[edit on 8-3-2007 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Am I in the right forum?!

I know what a star is - I'm an amateur astronomer.

I'm asking as there is NO explanation for what this/these are. As I said, I had the photos examined forensically and it is not the camera.

I know this doesn't fit the saucer-shaped description that you were probably expecting, but it sure doesn't invalidate it. I hope someone who will take this far more seriously will appear soon.

@kroms33 - how do you mean "all you see is a dot"??? If the image appears as a black square, you need to turn up the brightness on your monitor and/or brighten the image in a paint app.
As I said, these are unedited photos, so many appear rather dark (especially if you are viewing using a CRT monitor).

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"""I know this doesn't fit the saucer-shaped description that you were probably expecting, but it sure doesn't invalidate it. I hope someone who will take this far more seriously will appear soon."""

when i see someone post something about a ufo i dont expect it to be a flying saucer from outer space with aliens in it. i expect it to be exactly what its called a "unidentified flying object" and if you want me to take you more seriously get some better pictures man come on i could go out side tonight and take a picture of the sky and probably point something out in the pic and say hey ufo photograghs. sorry i just dont see any thing it looks like the camera was messed up or something i mean how could you not see this before you took the picture. you did say you didnt see this before you took the picture right wouldnt that mean something messed up with the camera and you still didnt answer my ? what exatly were you taking a picture of in the first place

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The original image is huge (it is why I cropped it - it would have been 3008x2000 otherwise!!).

I didn't see it, most likely because this was tripod mounted and a 30 second exposure. My eyes are good, but not that good. In addition, the view finder is digital, not optical, and it doesn't have the best resolution in the world (it is why I stated the camera make/model).

As I said, I have had this forensically examined, and it is NOT an anomaly with the camera - the point of me getting it examined was to determine this, either way.

I knew it was a bad idea to post here - if you can't help, please refrain from posting.

and if you want me to take you more seriously get some better pictures

That's impossible, and you know it. I have two frames from 4 years ago. That is all. Using ESP, should I summon the craft again so I can photograph it in broad daylight?
For christs sake.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
im not trying to be rude but you said it yourself that you knew you shouldnt of posted this here. i mean if you yourself think that you shouldnt of posted this here then you probably must of thought that you gonna get replys like mine and kroms because your photos are not big enough. all it looks like is clouds man

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry..... I know how it looks, but I can't do anything about it. All I can suggest is you enlarge them in a paint app. In fact, I'll do that post the edits. BRB.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
The original image is huge (it is why I cropped it - it would have been 3008x2000 otherwise!!).

I didn't see it, most likely because this was tripod mounted and a 30 second exposure. My eyes are good, but not that good. In addition, the view finder is digital, not optical, and it doesn't have the best resolution in the world (it is why I stated the camera make/model).

As I said, I have had this forensically examined, and it is NOT an anomaly with the camera - the point of me getting it examined was to determine this, either way.

I knew it was a bad idea to post here - if you can't help, please refrain from posting.

and if you want me to take you more seriously get some better pictures

That's impossible, and you know it. I have two frames from 4 years ago. That is all. Using ESP, should I summon the craft again so I can photograph it in broad daylight?
For christs sake.

when i said get better pictures i mean make these bigger maybe. and are you telling me you think this is some sort of craft. and still you never answerd my question what were you taking pictures of in the first place maybe you could give these kinds of details so that someone could help you

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here they are; hope you can see them OK!

I resized them by 300% and brightened/sharpened them.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I was out photographing asteroids (did I say that??). My first post was more concise but the forum lost it and I'm getting tired.

It is the middle of summer, in the middle of the night. Clear skies. The shot was wide-angle, general shots of the sky, as I spend time examining the photos afterwards, looking for asteroids (I even get the odd satellite occasionally).

This thing is way off the scale though!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
these arent very clear but now that its bigger dude it doesnt look much like clouds it almost looks solid. it looks like a freakin asteroid

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
you were taking pics of asteroids well i think you did man lol this looks like an asteroid to me how did you think this was a ufo dude im pretty sure some expert is gonna debunk this soon i really think its an asteroid im almost 95 percent sure it is i dont know tho im no expert or a Astronomer. plus you said you were taking pics of asteroids i mean i think thats what this is it makes sense doesnt it

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It is way too big for an asteroid, and only appears in two shots. It should appear in them all; it does not.

I had considered an asteroid, but it is too big.

If it is an asteroid, great! Mystery solved.

Is it??

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ok lets look at the facts here. you were out taking pictures of asteroids and as soon as you finally blow the pictures up i finally see it and it looks like an asteroid. im pretty sure yea this is more then likley an asteroid the fact that you made the pics so small in the first place makes me think you were trying to pull the wool over are eyes. and how in gods name could it be to big to be a asteroid whats the biggest asteroid ever recorded i dont know but i bet you its bigger then this [edit on 8-3-2007 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe send a U2U to JRitzman (sp?), or post them in his forum and ask for his opinion ?

Lex

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

WHAT?! OK..... Complete original image, only brightened. The object in the center is a tree, and that fuzzy thing behind is cirrus. The tree is 8 ft in front of me, and is 10 ft tall. The lens is set to 28 mm focal length.

EDIT: PhotoBucket resized it to 1024x768. Happy yet?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Maybe send a U2U to JRitzman (sp?), or post them in his forum and ask for his opinion ?

Lex

Thanks - I'll see what he says!
Who is he BTW?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow. That looks like a UFO you found! If it we're an asteroid it's to big to be one that close to the Earth. Is it not?

/7A

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Wow. That looks like a UFO you found! If it we're an asteroid it's to big to be one that close to the Earth. Is it not?

I'd say so, yeah!! I know what asteroids look like - this is waaaay too big (hence why I'm asking). I've sat on this thing for 4 years, because of the criticism I thought I might, and have, received.

Just to re-cap, in case anyone missed it:

* I only have two frames
* They are 4 years old
* I know what an asteroid looks like
* It is too big
* It only appears in two frames.
* It only appears in two frames.

Asteroids don't just appear in two consecutive frames then disappear again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join