It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People have Faith in Aliens/UFO's why not God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi Flyer,

I can post many miracle videos being performed if you would like to see them. A simple Google search can show lots of physical theoretical evidence if you want. I know the Internet is full of them!

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Shouldn't we be as skeptical of miracles being performed on the www. as UFO films?

I am.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The main problem with God is, You cannot prove he is real but he can prove he is real to you. You experience God, you don't prove him. Love is just the same. If I asked you to prove you loved someone, you can't because you experience love also, you can't prove it.
As for God being real and doing things today, you would only have to go to a church and see the gifts and fruits of the spirit being used. I have prayed for and seen many great things happen. Sometimes instantly before my very eyes.
You are going to say "why isn't it on the news then, why don't we hear about these things".
Thats easy, because you will think they are ten pence short of a pound, probbley like you think I am.
It makes me laugh when people say that God is not real especially when they havn't asked Jesus to come into thier lives and to let him show you that he is real. You do have to have a little faith first though.
Also I don't think all 2.1 billion christians believe on faith alone, I know a lot do though.
Cheers
John.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T
Hi Flyer,

I can post many miracle videos being performed if you would like to see them. A simple Google search can show lots of physical theoretical evidence if you want. I know the Internet is full of them!

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Ashley_T]
It wont be proof of god because if it was, no one would be questioning it.

Weird stuff happens, you may think that its proof of god when someone recovers from a supposedly incurable disease, I just think there's a medical explanation.

It doesn't mean its true just because its posted on the internet either. Also, how can you have "physical theoretical" evidence?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here's an example of an amazing supernatural miracle that occurred in Zeitun, Egypt. Here's a photo of what appeared there.

While all in America were watching the the Chicago riots at the Democratic Convention, or viewing live war zone broadcasts from Vietnam or were being mesmerized by the Watergate hearings on television, the Mother of God was appearing for tens of thousands to see in the land of the pyramids at a Coptic church constructed to commemorate the area in Egypt where she had come with Joseph and Jesus when they all fled from Herod. Starting in April, 1968, her apparitions of light changed the lives of thousands. Her appearances at Zeitun were astounding. She was seen by more than a million people. The apparitions were broadcast by Egyptian TV, photographed by hundreds of professional photographers and personally witnessed by Egyptian President Abdul Nasser, an avowed Marxist. The apparitions lasted for three years with numerous unaccountable healings recorded by various medical professionals. The local police, who initially thought the apparitions were an elaborate hoax, searched a 15-mile radius surrounding the site to uncover any type of device that could be used to project such images. They were completely unsuccessful.

members.aol.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
yes all of you that beleave in religion no mather what religion your in, did any ones of you ever had any prouf of god's existance, can't you understand that most of the past war is du to religion , that most of the religion had always treat women like #, how many kids have been abuse from the christian , that most of the story that are about religion has been prouf impossible by the scientist . some people need to beleave in something to live their lives .... where was god yesterday when all these kids died in the fire in the US. iwhere is your god and what as he done to save all the kids from starving to death ,from saving them from genocide, did anyones had seing any god around darfour to protect the people... if l was a god l would kill the killer before he kill, l would erase all the bad from the planet so people cant live a safe life . there is no god for me , l live and will die just like any animal on this planet... l beleave in my wife and kids and my friends and it all l need to live my life

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I just have 2 things to say:

1. What if God doesn't exist? (And don't give me the worthless "BUT HE DOES!").

2. There is a higher chance of finding aliens than finding God. And by finding God, I mean in a present 3 dimensional human form, possibly imaging Jesus.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Volatile]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thread starter: Hi-diddly-ho neighbourinos!

Board: Go suck a bible, Flanders!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Here's an example of an amazing supernatural miracle that occurred in Zeitun, Egypt. Here's a photo of what appeared there.
Like that is going to convince anyone.

A quick search found this.

"From April 1968 to May 1971, more than 100,000 people reported observing Virgin Mary apparitions above a Coptic Orthodox Church at Zeitoun, Egypt. Witnesses' descriptions varied between two main types: small bright, short-lived lights nicknamed "doves," and more enduring, less intense, diffuse patches of glowing light (Johnston 1980). Canadian neuropsychologist Michael Persinger of Laurentian University and his American colleague John Derr (1989) analyzed seismic activity in the region from 1958 to 1979, and found an unprecedented peak in earthquakes during 1969. They state that "The 'narrow' window of significant temporal relationship between luminous phenomena and earthquakes is within the classic time frame of more acceptable antecedents (e.g., microseismic activity) of imminent earthquake activity." It appears that the Marian observers were predisposed by religious background and social expectation to interpreting the light displays as related to the Virgin Mary."

Actual stills from the video.

Obviously something was there, religious people are so desperate to believe that they see anything as a sign.

Obviously the picture you posted is a hoax as proven by the blurry stills from the video.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It seems to me that it all depends on how one perceives one's existance. Is human consciousness merely a batch of biological neurochemical interacting with one another, or is the the human body a vessel that houses a spiritual consciousness; one that is part of a greater whole.

This greater whole can be interpreted as God. I believe in the latter model, without proof.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfor_rent
yes all of you that beleave in religion no mather what religion your in, did any ones of you ever had any prouf of god's existance, can't you understand that most of the past war is du to religion , that most of the religion had always treat women like #, how many kids have been abuse from the christian , that most of the story that are about religion has been prouf impossible by the scientist . some people need to beleave in something to live their lives .... where was god yesterday when all these kids died in the fire in the US. iwhere is your god and what as he done to save all the kids from starving to death ,from saving them from genocide, did anyones had seing any god around darfour to protect the people... if l was a god l would kill the killer before he kill, l would erase all the bad from the planet so people cant live a safe life . there is no god for me , l live and will die just like any animal on this planet... l beleave in my wife and kids and my friends and it all l need to live my life

Yes, I have had proof of Gods existance many times. Do you believe me?
NO, probbley not.
If you were God you would erase all the bad from the planet. In that case there would be no-one left, we are all bad at some time or another. how bad is bad?
Murder is bad enough i surpose but what about theft? Borrowing a pencil from work is theft . Its not easy to say who should be erased. this is why we are allowed to make choices. Man is the guilty one here not God.
This is why God gave us the commandments, to guide us in how to live our lives, to love one another, not kill. Its man who makes the decission to ignore them.
God isn't the bad one here, Its us, MAN.
John

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This boggles my mind. But if your a researcher, then you should know. God is just something we used to explain outer space. Ufo's are within that space, therefore they are godly!

flux

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Like that is going to convince anyone.

A quick search found this.

"From April 1968 to May 1971, more than 100,000 people reported observing Virgin Mary apparitions above a Coptic Orthodox Church at Zeitoun, Egypt. Witnesses' descriptions varied between two main types: small bright, short-lived lights nicknamed "doves," and more enduring, less intense, diffuse patches of glowing light (Johnston 1980). Canadian neuropsychologist Michael Persinger of Laurentian University and his American colleague John Derr (1989) analyzed seismic activity in the region from 1958 to 1979, and found an unprecedented peak in earthquakes during 1969. They state that "The 'narrow' window of significant temporal relationship between luminous phenomena and earthquakes is within the classic time frame of more acceptable antecedents (e.g., microseismic activity) of imminent earthquake activity." It appears that the Marian observers were predisposed by religious background and social expectation to interpreting the light displays as related to the Virgin Mary."

Actual stills from the video.

Obviously something was there, religious people are so desperate to believe that they see anything as a sign.

Obviously the picture you posted is a hoax as proven by the blurry stills from the video.

Where's the website that you found that quote on? You did not include the URL of the page that you found that quote on. Thanks

Here's a photo of that marian apparition that appeared continuously for 3 years in the late 1960's over a Coptic Church in Zeiton, Egypt.

BTW, half my family are Evangelistic/Fundamentalist Christians and they believe Marian apparitions are actually demons posing as religious figures.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The reason people believe in extraterrestrial life forms and not any religions is because although most evidence of UFO/Aliens is unproven there is still some decent evidence out there. There is not evidence out there to support any religion of any kind. You are relying on sheer belief on its own with religion. I am not religious but if i was shown decent evidence to prove a god of some sort existed i would believe.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
Its not easy to say who should be erased. this is why we are allowed to make choices. Man is the guilty one here not God.
I think we can all agree baby/child rape is bad, so whats the excuse for allowing this to happen? The baby/child cannot deserve it so either god is evil, he doesn't think it is bad or there is no god at all.

No doubt you will come back with some dross that wont address the facts.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
it's interesting to see that you dont talk about how your religion has treat women and you dont talk about kids abuse and dont talk about presence of your god in darfour

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
When as anyone proven Aliens/UFO's conclusively...

You are getting mad at me for having faith in God....

I'm not getting mad at you for having faith in Aliens/UFO's

You are so convinced that they exist based on scratchy video and testimonial of others accounts. Maybe you have seen a UFO or an alien like others have witnessed miracles in their own lives.

*Side note* I believe also in UFO's.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Where's the website that you found that quote on? You did not include the URL of the page that you found that quote on. Thanks

Here's a photo of that marian apparition that appeared continuously for 3 years in the late 1960's over a Coptic Church in Zeiton, Egypt.

BTW, half my family are Evangelistic/Fundamentalist Christians and they believe Marian apparitions are actually demons posing as religious figures.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Palasheea]
The pic you posted is clearly fake. Posting it twice does not make it real.

Here is the site. www.csicop.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You are getting mad at me for having faith in God....

I'm not getting mad at you for having faith in Aliens/UFO's

*Side note* I believe also in UFO's.

I understand and I agree. Like I said previously,I believe in both God and aliens. However, having seen, on many different occasions, UFOs myself... it seems to me that the reason why someone might not believe in God but believe in aliens is because God is not tangible. You cannot see, touch, smell... God. I am not qualified,really, to give an answer to your question because I do believe in God... However, tangibility seems to be a plausible answer to your question

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It hasn't been proven conclusively but one is a statistical probability and another one has zero evidence to support it and we dont need to be Einstein to figure out which is which.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join