It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People have Faith in Aliens/UFO's why not God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I myself am a Christian and have a strong belief in both God and Jesus Christ. Like most religious people, most of what I believe comes from the vast amount of faith I carry with me, and the faith I have in my beliefs.

One of the fundamental teachings within both the bible and modern day Christianity is Faith. The belief in something greater with the desire to learn more.

Throughout the world there is an ever increasing belief in aliens and UFO's visiting earth, and their possible intentions towards us. Though there is no conclusive evidence that they exist, there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. Its amazing how so many people have but FAITH in this phenomenon. People read different interpretation and stories on the Internet written by other people. This adds to there belief in UFO's exist, and must be found. That faith is shared and is ever changing by everyone.

It saddens me to think that faith in our Father/God is decreasing. I am very open to finding the truth no matter what the subject, however I want people to think again when speaking against that which created us. Like the Alien phenomenon, people are always going to add their 2 cents. Don't let that move you from the truth.

Its interesting how many are turning away from Christian faith, yet moving towards another unknown faith with vast interest.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
regardless, theyre the same ones who will bow down to the aliens when they come down from the sky impersonating Jesus lol

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Actually, maybe you're right, I never thought of that...

The point I guess I was trying to get across is misdirected faith, or the ability to put a lot of faith into one thing and slam another thing.

Faith~ 2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T

Throughout the world there is an ever increasing belief in aliens and UFO's visiting earth, and their possible intentions towards us. Though there is no conclusive evidence that they exist, there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. Its amazing how so many people have but FAITH in this phenomenon.

Where is your proof of God / Jesus? You have pretty much the same evidence as you do with UFO's...
When do we see God?

Jesus did not even write a single thing down.

Keep the faith.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh and as for the belief in God decreasing... well Im sure alot more would believe if there was something to believe in.

The same goes for UFO's.

Believing either without evidence is pretty insane to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Whenever you look back at the bloody history of mankind, nothing has caused more death and destruction then this faith in a judgmental God. I was baptized as a catholic but I have never seen god but I do believe something created this all but I believe it's not what the bible says it is. Why so many different religions? Why is your religion right and another religion wrong? I believe religions were setup by mankind to control mankind. Just because yours sounds the best it must be right? I say the bible just had some really good authors. I have seen UFO's,Aliens&ghosts etc. never once and never always alone so they are more real to me then this figure named Jesus everyone speaks so highly of but sits back while all this misery is going on.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
yeah yeah ! Whats Jesus done fer ya lately !

My trouble with religion is with the texts and their accounts in them. Fantastic stories that happened years and years and years ago.

But nothing has happened since.

Technically you can look back even thousands of years and possibly make connections to UFO's...... even native American legends. Im reminded of a story about a gold canoe.. I believe it was. This golden canoe came from the sky with a visitor from another world.... now that sounds pretty close to a modern day UFO story.

Drawings on caves.... disc objects appearing before we have flight on earth.

People STILL get to see them.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Im not trying to push anything, promise. It was just a thought that came to my head. I was thinking about how as humans we but our faith in the unknown with the desire to learn more. I guess I was trying to pull a parallel between two very popular, yet non conclusive topics in the world today.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Actually, maybe you're right, I never thought of that...

The point I guess I was trying to get across is misdirected faith, or the ability to put a lot of faith into one thing and slam another thing.

Faith~ 2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

its because believing in aliens is a lot easier than believing in a god that wont show himself. theres footage, real or not, of this phenomenon. and not to knock the beliefs of others. but many believe aliens seeded this planet with life & that humans are just robotic flesh, but that brings up the question of who put them in the whole spectrum. if anything, aliens & ufos are just another test of faith, as are many things.. and apparently these aliens, being incredibly technologically advanced, are of course going to be more manipulative than we could ever be.. im sure if theyre real, instilling a lack faith in people is just one of the many games they play.

Originally posted by Dulcimer
yeah yeah ! Whats Jesus done fer ya lately !

lol. i recently joined the military. theres a good chance ill see combat. one night i was asking for a star to show that ill be protected, and sure enough a star flashed in the sky. cant describe how it made me feel.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Well]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ashley, well as someone who believes in both God and aliens, it will be kind of hard for me to answer your question. However,I will give you my opinion on the issue.

It seems to me that one of the biggest things is that God is not tangible. God is not something that we can see,hear, at least not auditorily, or touch. Aliens, although there is much debate about their existence, is generally thought to be something physical. Most people who believe in aliens have seen UFOS, or at least what they perceive to be UFOS... Therefore, alien have a sense of tangibility to them. God doesn't... Belief in God is simply a matter of faith.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You know where they put people that see God and Jesus.

Either the funny farm or the Whitehouse.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've seen a UFO. I've never seen an angel or Jesus or anything else of that nature.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I've seen a UFO. I've never seen an angel or Jesus or anything else of that nature.

sometimes you have to ask yourself just how big an angel really is

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I myself am a Christian and have a strong belief in both God and Jesus Christ. Like most religious people, most of what I believe comes from the vast amount of faith I carry with me, and the faith I have in my beliefs.

One of the fundamental teachings within both the bible and modern day Christianity is Faith. The belief in something greater with the desire to learn more.

Throughout the world there is an ever increasing belief in aliens and UFO's visiting earth, and their possible intentions towards us. Though there is no conclusive evidence that they exist, there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. Its amazing how so many people have but FAITH in this phenomenon. People read different interpretation and stories on the Internet written by other people. This adds to there belief in UFO's exist, and must be found. That faith is shared and is ever changing by everyone.

It saddens me to think that faith in our Father/God is decreasing. I am very open to finding the truth no matter what the subject, however I want people to think again when speaking against that which created us. Like the Alien phenomenon, people are always going to add their 2 cents. Don't let that move you from the truth.

Its interesting how many are turning away from Christian faith, yet moving towards another unknown faith with vast interest.

In a round about way - you have already answered your question: since you are a believer in God.
I don't think that people are turning away from the Christian faith because of UFOs/EBEs - and I don't think that if the existence of these creatures becomes known as fact that it would remove God from the equation. There are people that have come forward that supposedly 'know' about aliens and say it just re-affirms their convictions of a God... so, don't judge research into an area unless you have fully researched it.
"Judge not, lest ye be judged" or something like that.

Kroms33

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This first link both describes and shows physical observations of "Miracles." Things that defy our understanding. Again this being brought mostly through prayer and faith in God. Many countries are listed.

en.wikipedia.org...

The second link is physical observation of possession (again religion based) and exorcism of demons or evil spirits.

www.transitionsabroad.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Im not trying to push anything, promise. It was just a thought that came to my head. I was thinking about how as humans we but our faith in the unknown with the desire to learn more. I guess I was trying to pull a parallel between two very popular, yet non conclusive topics in the world today.

Yeah, I feel you, but if youve been around here long enough you know that somebody starts a thread with this topic about every 4 months or so at least.

And in my opinion, anyways, there is just "slightly" more proof for the existence of aliens than there is of god. Even if you just look at pure likelyhood.

Also think about this though: What if theyre both the same thing? Thats what Im leaning toward myself. That would explain a lot of the different religions all over the world who hold that "god comes from his kingdom in the sky, yada yada yada", and UFOs have been witnessed since probably before the beginning of recorded history all over the world.

So the 'disclosure project' could actually be the return of Jesus/Buddha/Muhammed/whoever....

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
[edit on 8-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well

Originally posted by Frith

sometimes you have to ask yourself just how big an angel really is

That's quite true in a way. There are things such as miracles and love, forces beyond our control and things that our science can't see or explain. I have faith in them and nature and semi-fate. I don't believe there is a big bloke sitting up in the sky, but I believe that there is more to life than we can see or comprehend.

As for UFOs, people believe in them because there are so many stories of sightings, etc and there is even video footage and photos (albeit bad quality). Seeing is believing, and even if you see a dodgy UFO photo, it can still lead you up onto the fence of believing.

The only people that have told me that they've seen an angel or God have been senile or already at a church, so obviously they're going to say things like that to try and claim it as proof. I've never known anyone that wasn't a believer to suddenly tell me that they've seen an angel, so until then i'm not even on the fence about angels and God.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
People believe in UFOs because theyve either seen them for themselves or seen pictures and videos.

The belief in god in nothing but brainwashing. If you were bought up on a desert island and no one told you there was a god, you would not think there was one for yourself. You only believe because schools/churches/parents etc tell you there is a god.

I believe UFO are something tangible but I dont know what but I dont believe in god because I havent seen a single shred of evidence to suggest otherwise. I will change my mind if I do see any evidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I belive thier could be a god but I've seen no proof to convince me. I also belive thier is a good chance we are not alone in the universe. When I look at pictures of the universe. With a trillion billion stars and with alot of those stars having planets the odds of intellegent life are pretty high. I belive thier could be other civilizations more advanced then us. If intelegant life could happen here it could happen elsewhere.

I don't belive in any orginized religion, to me its illogical and unrational. I cant put my faith into some created by ancheint people. Those anchient people did'nt know anything about the universe or even the earth for that matter. Up until 600 years ago mankind thought the earth was flat.

The way I see it I'm better off worshiping the sun at least I know its there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join