It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone help me understand....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've been trying to have an OBE for the past two years, with no luck. Last night I finally had some success, but I don't know if I was dreaming or if it was real. Here's why I'm confused.

The first time it happened, I rolled off my bed, but it only felt that I was rolling off, I was still in bed. And then my body rose and somehow I wound up on the couch next to my bed, so I decided to open my eyes. I looked around and my room didn't look the same. The clock was in a different spot and a few other things were different. Also, my doorway was completely dark (that kind of creeping me out). Everything was also a bit blurry, and it wasn't getting any better. In the blink of an eye, I was back in my body, I must've been out for no more than a minute or two. Now, was I dreaming this or did I actually make it out but were thrown back in my body because I was too close to my physical body?

The second time, I simply rose upward, upper body first (last time it started with the legs and the head was last to go). I made the mistake (or I thought to be a mistake) of opening my eyes and after a brief second, I fell right back down into my body. The cool thing about this second time is that after I fell back, it didn't seem like I was asleep. In fact, I was trying to give it another shot. And what's more amazing is that I don't remember any of the dreams I had last night, but I remember these two events perfectly.

Sorry for boring you with all of this, but if anyone can help me understand what happened, it'd be greatly appreciated.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Impreza]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hmm for some reason when I open up this thread I can't see you post, I can only veiw it if i click reply.

The fact that you say that things where different in your first 'obe' suggests to me that you where probably dreaming, sometimes dreams can seem very real (I've often confused reality with dreams). Thats just my opinion, im sure someone with better expertease at this phenomena might be able to help you more

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You know when you have a dream and then suddenly you become aware that you're dreaming and it disconnects you with from the dream? It did have that effect, both times. As soon as I realized what was happening and that my physical body is still in bed, it was all over. Only thing is that it wasn't some dream world, this was clearly my room and I felt my body coming out. I guess it could still have been a dream, but I'm not really sure. I wanted to know if others experienced anything similar during their first obe (I've yet to rule out my experience as nothing but a dream). Anything at all is greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There is something that needs to be understood

I looked around and my room didn't look the same. The clock was in a different spot and a few other things were different. Also, my doorway was completely dark (that kind of creeping me out). Everything was also a bit blurry, and it wasn't getting any better. In the blink of an eye, I was back in my body, I must've been out for no more than a minute or two.

It needs to be understood that the spirit does not perceive anything in the light that the physical body does. The spirit sees things for the way they really are. We are diametrically, although still ourself, different in the spirit than we are in the physical body.

Our emotions (soul) are stripped away and all we know is what really is.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hm, I don't know if that really makes sense to me, no disrespect. Are you saying that somehow I'm seeing things in a different dimension? And if so, does this mean there's a strong possibility that what I experienced may be real?

Is there any way to prove to myself that what I experience in my future attempts are real and not simply a dream?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Hm, I don't know if that really makes sense to me, no disrespect. Are you saying that somehow I'm seeing things in a different dimension? And if so, does this mean there's a strong possibility that what I experienced may be real?

I am saying that what you see in the spirit is what is really real.
"Reality" is not what we,in our arrogance, assume it is.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If somehow what you say is the truth, then how will I ever be able to differentiate between a real obe and a lucid dream? I mean, technically, my experience from last night can go either way, based on what you just said...and I'll never know which.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, I would say to you that lucid "dreaming" and OOBEs are essentially the same. They are experiences that your spirit actually has... Just because you know that your body is sleeping during lucid "dreaming" does not mean that your spirit is not experiencing what you are "dreaming."

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Impreza, I am trying to figure out why your posts are not showing up on the thread..
I have to do a reply to even read your posts.. It's weird

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I see, so I guess it's the experience that matters most. I was thinking that obe is very different than what you described, though. I thought that I could actually visit a place as you and I know it in real life and see exactly what is happening there at the moment of my visit. However, it seems that in actuality, this is not possible with an obe. Oh well, I'll still keep on trying every night.

And about my posts not showing up, I really don't know why. I can see everyone else's posts just fine.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

thought that I could actually visit a place as you and I know it in real life and see exactly what is happening there at the moment of my visit

You can. However, it will probably still have a "dreamlike" quality to it. The long and the short of it is, essentially, there is no real way to decipher between a "dream" and an actual obe, because they both take place in the spirit. You've been prodding for an answer and essentially that is your answer.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Okay, I see what you're saying. Have you had an obe, or are you still trying, as well? If you have had an obe, did you ever try to see if what you experienced was an actual obe? For instance, did you ever visit a place that one of your friends or family member was visiting and then later asked them questions to see if the answers matched your description?

I say this because it's something that I will do if this happens more often and I am able to leave my room. I want to know that at least some of my experiences are an actual obe and not all lucid dreams.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I personally have never tried to do what you are asking. No. However, there are files on top of files reporting the experiences of those who have.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I shall get on google and read up a few obe stories. It might help me down the road, who knows. Thanks for all of your help, I appreciate it!

new topics

top topics

join